Author Topic: Pelosi asks Capitol Police to step up security for Omar after Trump’s 9/11 tweet  (Read 268 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pelosi asks Capitol Police to step up security for Omar after Trump’s 9/11 tweet
By Felicia Sonmez
Felicia Sonmez
National reporter on The Washington Post's breaking political news team
April 14 at 3:20 PM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Sunday that she has asked the U.S. Capitol Police to increase its protection of Rep. Ilhan Omar after President Trump tweeted a video of the Minnesota Democrat spliced with footage of the burning twin towers.

“Following the President’s tweet, I spoke with the Sergeant-at-Arms to ensure that Capitol Police are conducting a security assessment to safeguard Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff,” Pelosi (D-Calif.) said in a statement. “They will continue to monitor and address the threats she faces.”

Trump’s tweet on Friday prompted accusations from some Democrats that he was engaging in Islamophobia, inciting violence and politicizing one of America’s gravest tragedies.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pelosi-asks-capitol-police-to-step-up-security-for-omar-after-trumps-911-tweet/2019/04/14/8edba93a-5ee5-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html

I heard this, and found the most recent story. I know some of these websites have paywalls. Sometimes, I notice if I hit the stop loading of an article, I can often get at least the printed story. I know know, if that is wrong to say.... but people having problems with paywalls can try that. Also, with some sites, just reading the 'read version' (icon on top) works.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:46:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
No, that costs money.  She is enjoying herself so let her do it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.