Author Topic: The Adventures of Florida Man: A Running Thread  (Read 10978 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Re: The Adventures of Florida Man: A Running Thread
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2019, 09:41:34 AM »
Florida man pulls gun after furniture is delivered late, tells crew he’s ‘shot people for less’
A man from Manatee County is accused of pulling a gun on two furniture delivery men because he was unhappy that they were late. Mitchell Helton, 55, had ordered the goods from the Furniture Warehouse and had been told that they were on their way on August 3.

The Manatee County Sheriff's Office said that when the delivery men arrived, the front door was open and Helton told them that he was upset he had to wait so long. When they asked him if he still wanted the furniture, he said, "do whatever you want" and went to his bedroom, according to the police report.

When they started to unload the furniture from their vehicle, Helton allegedly pointed a gun at the men and said, "You know, I've shot people for less," the Bradenton Herald reported.

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-man-mitchell-helton-manatee-furniture-1453043
The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. It may just be that I have two enemies.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2019, 10:55:35 AM »
Florida man threatens neighbors with nunchucks and bug spray, but only injures himself
Larry Adams, 61, was arrested after the bizarre confrontation, which residents said was sparked by loud music coming from a car outside a Daytona Beach apartment complex late Monday night, FOX35 Orlando reported. One neighbor told the station Adams initially tried to frighten the group, but the bid backfired – literally – when he struck the car frame with the nunchucks and the martial arts weapon unexpectedly bounced off the vehicle's body and smashed into his face.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-man-nunchucks-hits-self
The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. It may just be that I have two enemies.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »
When they started to unload the furniture from their vehicle, Helton allegedly pointed a gun at the men and said, "You know, I've shot people for less," the Bradenton Herald reported.
I really wanted to say, "Me, too," but that would be a lie. I just let them deliver the furniture late.  :silly:
"Because men have lost the objective basis of certainty of knowledge of the thing in which they are working, more and more I fear we are going to find them manipulating science according to their own sociological or political desires rather than standing upon concrete objectivity." Francis A. Schaeffer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • We got 'im now!®
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »
I really wanted to say, "Me, too," but that would be a lie. I just let them deliver the furniture late.  :silly:

I don't see the problem with the actions of this Florida Man.  Slipshod service must not be accepted or even tolerated. 888mouth
Don't call it the "Federal Government," that's an insult to the Founders.  It's a "National Government."
I will NOT comply.
                          Castillo del Cyber! ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf