Author Topic: Federal Judge Attacks Trump As Adopting The Same Rhetoric and Tactics As The KKK  (Read 454 times)

rangerrebew

Federal Judge Attacks Trump As Adopting The Same Rhetoric and Tactics As The KKK

There is a controversy out of the University of Virginia where federal Judge Carlton Reeves gave a scathing speech against President Donald Trump — likening his conduct to that of the Kl Klux Klan and segregationists from the Jim Crow period. The speech (accepting an award) raising troubling issues about Reeves engaging in political speech in violation of core judicial ethical rules.

A U.S. District Court Judge of the Southern District of Mississippi, Reeves is an Obama appointee from 2010. He was receiving the Thomas Jefferson Foundation Medal in Law at the University of Virginia and gave a 16-page speech with 130 footnotes.

In the speech, Reeves takes thinly veiled swipes at Trump, using his unmistakable tweets to make historical comparative points:

https://jonathanturley.org/2019/04/13/federal-judge-attacks-trump-as-adopting-the-same-rhetoric-and-tactics-as-the-kkk/

rangerrebew

This judge reminds me of Roger Taney, author of the infamous Dred Scott decision. :thumbsdown:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder how many fake noose vandalism hoaxes he pulled?

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Saw the pic, which explains the rhetoric...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The good news is his speech against the President will necessitate a recusal if any case concerning the administration lands in his lap.