Author Topic: Kamala Harris Proudly Proclaims ‘I Am a Gun-Owner’ Before Launching Typical Leftist Attack on Guns  (Read 1331 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yes, that is the difference in our views.   The 2A speaks of its right in terms of the militia.  But that's an obsolete concept.    Heller, on the other hand,  addresses the individual RKBA which is relevant to each and every American.    I support the right described in Heller,  which I believe the Constitution protects without regard to the 2A.  
Well, my belief it is even more fundamentally important to retain our abilities to fight against an increasingly abusive government by strengthening the resolve of Americans to retain the unfettered access to defensive ends to do so, i.e. - firearms.

The second Amendment was not just about what you call 'an obsolete concept' of usage by armed citizens against King George's revenge, but for the abilities of every American to withstand the internal struggles with that abusive government.

The Founders knew full well that giving government more power leads to more abuse, unless measures like the 2nd Amendment were in place.

BTW, thanks for articulating your position clearly on this issue.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:49:37 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well, my belief it is even more fundamentally important to retain our abilities to fight against an increasingly abusive government by strengthening the resolve of Americans to retain the unfettered access to defensive ends to do so, i.e. - firearms.

And my response is to point to the difference between the colonists'  position vis a vis King George - rebellion against a government they had no hand in creating - and our current Constitutional Republic,   where we have the means to both elect the leaders of our choosing,  and to reverse those choices by means of politics and the ballot box.  Our government derives from the consent of the governed, and is thus legitimate.    The idea that we retain the option of violence is antithetical to the nation we created.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And my response is to point to the difference between the colonists'  position vis a vis King George - rebellion against a government they had no hand in creating - and our current Constitutional Republic,   where we have the means to both elect the leaders of our choosing,  and to reverse those choices by means of politics and the ballot box.  Our government derives from the consent of the governed, and is thus legitimate.    The idea that we retain the option of violence is antithetical to the nation we created.   
Calling the preservation of liberty 'Violence' is indeed antithetical to all who have chosen freedom over these past two centuries.

All one has to do is to see over history what happens to those citizens who were stripped of their weapons by such governments who deem citizens should be compliant.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:19:21 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington