Author Topic: Twin Peaks Biker Pleas for the return of personal property after his case was refused  (Read 745 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KCENTV by Jasmin Caldwell 4/4/2019

Defense Attorneys in Dallas said some of their clients had their guns, motorcycles, vehicles and other property returned to them once their case was refused, Harris said for some reason he's still left without answers.

waco — One of the Twin Peaks bikers arrested said even though it's been three years since the deadly shooting, police still have not given him back his personal belongings that were seized.

Patrick Harris case was thrown out by District Attorney Abel Reyna, but he said he's having a hard time putting this all behind him without having what he said is legally his.

Harris is a Ph.D. student in Austin and a member of the grim guardian motorcycle group. On the day of the shooting he had a knife and his motorcycle vest taken away as evidence by police. When he learned his case was one of the many refused by the District Attorney's office he was relieved, but immediately started calling to see when his belongings would be returned. Harris said he was told by a Waco Police detective in order to get his thing it had to be approved by District Attorney Abel Reyna. He and his lawyers called the District Attorney's office but said they haven't received a response.

More: https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/local/twin-peaks-biker-pleas-for-the-return-of-personal-property-after-his-case-was-refused/500-535255636

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if his belongings are still there?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Looks like he is a UT grad student:

Name:    Patrick Aaron Harris
Email:    paharris@utexas.edu
School/College:    Graduate School
Major:    English
Classification:    Graduate Student
Job Title:    RHE AI - Long Session
Department:    Department of Rhetoric and Writing

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So...the new Prosecutor is as bad as the old one?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
So...the new Prosecutor is as bad as the old one?

They're passing the buck.

Channel 6 reached out to The district Attorneys office, and was told the decision to release property is made by the arresting agency not their office.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They're passing the buck.

Harris said he was told by a Waco Police detective in order to get his thing it had to be approved by District Attorney Abel Reyna. He and his lawyers called the District Attorney's office but said they haven't received a response.

And...

Channel 6 reached out to The district Attorneys office, and was told the decision to release property is made by the arresting agency not their office.

Classic buck-passing indeed.  Channel 6 should have also "reached out" to the arresting agency.  Get both of these competing versions of policy in the same story.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sounds like the property has been liquidated, sequestered by individuals, or otherwise disposed of, possibly, for fun and profit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like the property has been liquidated, sequestered by individuals, or otherwise disposed of, possibly, for fun and profit.

My first thought, too.  "Sequestered."  Great euphemism!

:happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.