Author Topic: Appeals court rules Trump admin can temporarily continue to send asylum-seekers back to Mexico  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in favor of President Trump on Friday when it determined that the government can at least temporarily continue to send asylum-seekers back to Mexico.

The asylum program was scheduled to be shut down at midnight under an order from District Judge Richard Seeborg, but the White House requested that the appeals court intervene.

The 9th Circuit temporarily stayed the lower court’s ruling as the parties get ready to submit their arguments next week on the government’s request for a longer stay that would likely last months.

“Finally, great news at the Border!” Trump tweeted Friday night.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/438738-appeals-court-rules-trump-admin-can-temporarily-continue-to-send
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Yes ... but ... they're not being sent back.  It is being reported that they are being let into the country without health screenings.  IOW, they aren't even being processed. They are just being let in. 

Again, and I've said this many times (sorry) ... TRUMP has the authority to close the borders to ALL immigration.  He does NOT have to let anyone into this country.

Meanwhile ... the DEMS are busy trying to get his tax return!  Good grief!  Yep, get his tax return, that'll fix everything, by golly!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yes ... but ... they're not being sent back.  It is being reported that they are being let into the country without health screenings.  IOW, they aren't even being processed. They are just being let in. 

Again, and I've said this many times (sorry) ... TRUMP has the authority to close the borders to ALL immigration.  He does NOT have to let anyone into this country.

Meanwhile ... the DEMS are busy trying to get his tax return!  Good grief!  Yep, get his tax return, that'll fix everything, by golly!

I say send them all back into Mexico and slow down asylum processing, to a crawl until they go home.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

I say send them all back into Mexico and slow down asylum processing, to a crawl until they go home.

:amen:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's an idea I can get behind!  And no aid to Mexico to comfort them.

888sunglass
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That's an idea I can get behind!  And no aid to Mexico to comfort them.

888sunglass

No aid.  I agree.  Let them pile up until Tijuana they can't stand themselves.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

I think this is what Trump has been trying to do, as well as, trying to get Mexico to shut down it's southern border. He's been using a carrot and stick approach with Mexico, offering assistance for the camps south of our border and the threat of closing the border.

I wish he would be even more aggressive, such as completely closing the border, but he has a large group of rino's to try and keep in line. Look at how the rino's won't back him on a national emergency declaration, financing of a wall, or even putting somebody who is tougher and more of an original thinker in charge at DHS like Kobach.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline conservativevoter

I think I might be tougher.  I'm a 74-year-old girl who witnessed what illegals did on 9/11... the whole thing.  Plane crashing through the towers; slivers of broken windows falling in the sun so that they looked like diamonds; people jumping from too high up.

So, now.. what would I do?  hmm... give me my knitting, a comfy chair, good location at some border crossing or other.  And......... lay a nice 12 gauge across my lap.   It's my country, not theirs.  My family came here a year after WWI.  They all had jobs lined up  with a sponsor to speak for them.

Or, even better, take the frakking illegals to those places who have spoken so well for/of them.  Take them to the sanctuary cities and states.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I wish he would be even more aggressive, such as completely closing the border, but he has a large group of rino's to try and keep in line. Look at how the rino's won't back him on a national emergency declaration, financing of a wall, or even putting somebody who is tougher and more of an original thinker in charge at DHS like Kobach.

The reason he's trying a carrot and stick approach with Mexico is that he's rightly worried that any order to shut the border completely will be very likely be enjoined in the courts.  And as soon as an injunction is issued, he's lost whatever leverage the threat might give him.

I think a lot of people are misleading themselves by playing lawyer, reading some statutes for themselves, and then saying "Trump can just do "x".  The problem is that in many cases, that ignores case law that has developed around those statutes, and ignores the likelihood that the orders for which they are advocating will be stopped by courts.

Offline aligncare

@Maj. Bill Martin

Armchair quarterbacks: legends in their own minds.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I think I might be tougher.  I'm a 74-year-old girl who witnessed what illegals did on 9/11... the whole thing.  Plane crashing through the towers; slivers of broken windows falling in the sun so that they looked like diamonds; people jumping from too high up.

So, now.. what would I do?  hmm... give me my knitting, a comfy chair, good location at some border crossing or other.  And......... lay a nice 12 gauge across my lap.   It's my country, not theirs.  My family came here a year after WWI.  They all had jobs lined up  with a sponsor to speak for them.

Or, even better, take the frakking illegals to those places who have spoken so well for/of them.  Take them to the sanctuary cities and states.

Welcome!
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@Maj. Bill Martin

Armchair quarterbacks: legends in their own minds.
-Internet phychologists.

-Internet lawyers.

Some sound manic-bipolar. One time Trump isn't doing enough, the next they call  Trump dictator, Nazi, Hitler.

FACTS:

--1954 President deports over 1 million

--1986 President enacts Amnesty creating the magnet for entry of millions more for the next 3 decades

--Rules that employers follow to verify workers' status are lax by design. Interior enforcement makes a tken show from time to time.

--Between 1986 and 2016 no Republican offered to clean up Reagan's mess.

--2016 Trump runs on dealing with the growing problem.

I Commend him for trying.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

The reason he's trying a carrot and stick approach with Mexico is that he's rightly worried that any order to shut the border completely will be very likely be enjoined in the courts.  And as soon as an injunction is issued, he's lost whatever leverage the threat might give him.

I think a lot of people are misleading themselves by playing lawyer, reading some statutes for themselves, and then saying "Trump can just do "x".  The problem is that in many cases, that ignores case law that has developed around those statutes, and ignores the likelihood that the orders for which they are advocating will be stopped by courts.

Where in the Constitution does it allow or state that judges can control border policy and prevent the president from protecting the country?  Does the judge have the power to “issue an order” to enable or allow illegals to come into our country without permission of the president?

Offline libertybele

-Internet phychologists.

-Internet lawyers.

Some sound manic-bipolar. One time Trump isn't doing enough, the next they call  Trump dictator, Nazi, Hitler.

FACTS:

--1954 President deports over 1 million

--1986 President enacts Amnesty creating the magnet for entry of millions more for the next 3 decades

--Rules that employers follow to verify workers' status are lax by design. Interior enforcement makes a tken show from time to time.

--Between 1986 and 2016 no Republican offered to clean up Reagan's mess.

--2016 Trump runs on dealing with the growing problem.

I Commend him for trying.

I commend him for bringing focus to the issue.  If anything that is his major accomplishment.  I'm not convinced of his true intentions because of his lack of 'trying' when he had a full majority; he waited until the last minute and just days before the new Congress was sworn in.  Certainly he knew he would be met with objections from Pelosi, and the leftists.  Why would he sign a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier, if his intention was to build a wall?  Why hasn't he acted on suggestions from those who have found a way for him to legally obtain money to build a wall? 

IMHO it is his lack of action(s) on this issue that raise doubt.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I commend him for bringing focus to the issue.  If anything that is his major accomplishment.  I'm not convinced of his true intentions because of his lack of 'trying' when he had a full majority; he waited until the last minute and just days before the new Congress was sworn in.  Certainly he knew he would be met with objections from Pelosi, and the leftists.  Why would he sign a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier, if his intention was to build a wall?  Why hasn't he acted on suggestions from those who have found a way for him to legally obtain money to build a wall? 

IMHO it is his lack of action(s) on this issue that raise doubt. 

<Let's stick to the topic and quit with the personal insults>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 03:12:54 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'll pay you good money to keep this asinine, ill-informed and utterly delusional opinion to yourself ... just for 24 hours.  You're coming across as a hater who's latched onto immigration as your raison d'être.

Try getting a pet to fill your hours.  A Chihuahua would keep you busy.   :smokin:

Hold on now...be nice.  @libertybele makes a good point there.  I often wonder myself if the President intends to follow through on things that are within his control.  For example, the recent news he'd like to send the illegals he's forced to release to "sanctuary cities."  I like the idea but I have doubts he'll really do it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Hold on now...be nice.  @libertybele makes a good point there.  I often wonder myself if the President intends to follow through on things that are within his control.

Denials of U.S. immigrant visas skyrocket after little-heralded rule change

More and more aspiring immigrants – especially Mexicans – are being denied visas based on determinations by the U.S. State Department that they might become "public charges," dependent on the government for support, according to official data and interviews with attorneys, immigrants and their family members.

Lawyers for some immigrants say consular officers are denying visas even when applicants fulfill legal requirements to prove they will be financially independent.

The refusals, capping an often complex and lengthy application process, can trap people for months or longer outside the United States, separated from American spouses and children, as they renew their efforts to legally return. Some may never be able to go back.

One reason for the rise in refusals are little-known changes last year in the State Department's foreign affairs manual that gave diplomats wider discretion in deciding visa denials on public-charge grounds.

The changes occurred in January 2018 as the Department of Homeland Security was preparing a separate, highly controversial proposal to restrict immigration on public-charge grounds. The regulation, officially proposed in October, received more than 200,000 public comments, which will likely take months longer to fully evaluate.

Some critics say the State Department is using a back door, tightening immigration policy without going through a similarly high-profile rulemaking process.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/denials-of-us-immigrant-visas-skyrocket-after-little-heralded-rule-change/ar-BBVX0fz?ocid=spartanntp

He's doing what he can as a practical matter.  If he pushes too hard, he'll get enjoined by a court and lose whatever momentum he has.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
More and more aspiring immigrants – especially Mexicans – are being denied visas based on determinations by the U.S. State Department that they might become "public charges," dependent on the government for support, according to official data and interviews with attorneys, immigrants and their family members.

Little rule changes like this can be a big deal.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Little rule changes like this can be a big deal.

Sure can.

He's basically walking a tightrope of trying to come up with things he can do that can't be quickly enjoined by courts.  Pathetic that it's gotten to that point, but congressional inaction has really hurt.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Hold on now...be nice.  @libertybele makes a good point there.  I often wonder myself if the President intends to follow through on things that are within his control.  For example, the recent news he'd like to send the illegals he's forced to release to "sanctuary cities."  I like the idea but I have doubts he'll really do it.
Just imagine him doing it days before the next Presidential election.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just imagine him doing it days before the next Presidential election.

I hope he isn't that foolish.
I will NOT comply.