Author Topic: It’s Trump vs. Trump as immigration divides White House  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It’s Trump vs. Trump as immigration divides White House
The president is weighing — and reflecting — different opinions among his top advisers, including Stephen Miller and his son-in-law Jared Kushner.

By ELIANA JOHNSON, NANCY COOK and ANITA KUMAR 04/10/2019 07:43 PM EDT Updated 04/10/2019 11:26 PM EDT

President Donald Trump is in a fight over immigration — with himself.
Trump denied on Tuesday that he is “cleaning house” at the Department of Homeland Security. But on Wednesday, the White House was eyeing a replacement for a senior DHS official whose job congressional Republicans are trying to save.

The president has also said he has no plans to renew the administration’s highly controversial migrant child separation policy — even as officials throughout the administration weigh a plan to make arrested border-crossers choose whether to “voluntarily” separate from their kids.
And while Trump recently told senior aides that White House adviser Stephen Miller is his unofficial immigration czar, he told reporters on Wednesday that his son-in-law Jared Kushner would be out with an “exciting” immigration plan “soon.”
As the president faces blowback from his slow-motion decapitation of the Department of Homeland Security, Trump is presenting two public faces on immigration. He is offering rhetoric that undersells the dramatic moves underway in his administration to curb illegal immigration and deter asylum seekers from entering the country. And he is toggling between Kushner, who has spent months fashioning an immigration package that can attract bipartisan support and appease the business community, and Miller, who as a Senate aide was notorious for killing legislation like that...………

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/10/trump-immigration-1267468
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Re: It’s Trump vs. Trump as immigration divides White House
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 11:35:11 pm »
More like Trump v. Kushner.  It's a scary thought to think that Kushner is the one coming up with an immigration plan.

His reliance on Kushner and Ivanka is frightening.  Neither should be in the White House and having his son-in-law as his Sr. advisor is a definite conflict of interest.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 11:46:59 pm »
More like Trump v. Kushner.  It's a scary thought to think that Kushner is the one coming up with an immigration plan.

His reliance on Kushner and Ivanka is frightening.  Neither should be in the White House and having his son-in-law as his Sr. advisor is a definite conflict of interest.

Not right.  And very suspicious that Kushner is working to increase legal migration when our country is overflowing with low wage earning illegal immigrants.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 11:52:46 pm »
I posted this before and it has been ignored.  Why doesn't he just use his granted powers and STOP this NOW!!
---

It seems pretty clear that Trump has the authority (if he ever should choose to use it) to simply halt ALL immigration.

In the currently in force immigration act of Congress (i.e., the 1952 McCarran Walter Immigration and Naturalization Act), Section 212(f) clearly states:

f. Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

https://www.uscis.gov/legal-resources/immigration-and-nationality-act

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 11:59:33 pm »
I agree.  He just doesn't want to. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 12:24:42 am »
I posted this before and it has been ignored.  Why doesn't he just use his granted powers and STOP this NOW!!
---
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.[/b]
@EdJames

Trump could stop the ones going to the port of entry but not the illegal ones crossing the river and countryside and coming into our country.  Border agents still have to find them/arrest them/etc..which seems to include whole families now - not the occasional single person.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 12:26:13 am »
   No use to lance that boil now, it worked so well in 2016.   

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 12:33:05 am »
---

It seems pretty clear that Trump has the authority (if he ever should choose to use it) to simply halt ALL immigration.

In the currently in force immigration act of Congress (i.e., the 1952 McCarran Walter Immigration and Naturalization Act), Section 212(f) clearly states:

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

Yes you are absolutely correct. I don't think Trump ever intended to build a wall, nor was it his intent to secure the border. Obviously he has done neither.  He could have stopped this mess a long time ago, and I think many of us agree on that. 

Then there are those that still think he's a super hero or something like that.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 12:37:47 am »
My guess is he thinks the consequences of closing the border is worse than yanking your chain.  Saying he's already building the Wall, Mexico is paying for it through Trump's rebranded NAFTA clone USMCA, the immigration problem suddenly became a National Emergency after the GOP lost the House, and after 2 years of President Trump and GOP control of Congress, the fake media has covered up that the problem is actually much worse
...somehow all of this has worked well for Trump. 
His popularity has soared as high a majority support in some polls recently.

For me it's a flowchart of failure, as is his other signature campaign promises like...
Repeal and Replace,
Lock Up Crooked Hitlery,
Drain the Swamp,
Eliminate the Federal Debt in 8 Years,
Great Trade Deals ("Trans-Pacific Trade Party Is Raging on Without the U.S." - https://www.wsj.com/articles/trans-pacific-trade-party-is-raging-on-without-the-u-s-11555164181
Much of the American interest in the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade deal bridging economies in the Americas and Asia-Pacific regions, dried up after the U.S. backed out in 2016. Now the bloc is about to become a headache for it.

The 11-member deal, renamed the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership, started at the end of 2018.
),
and Restoring American Prominence. 

Somehow caving on everything is seen as strength, if it is denied on Twitter, and backed by boogy-men like Democrats, Fake News, and the Deep State.  As long as detractors can be condemned through association to the boogy-men, there is little concern over detrimental facts.

The short answer is "Why give up the issue, when it can be milked for so much more."     

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 12:44:33 am »
@EdJames

Trump could stop the ones going to the port of entry but not the illegal ones crossing the river and countryside and coming into our country.  Border agents still have to find them/arrest them/etc..which seems to include whole families now - not the occasional single person.

Close the ports of entry.  The border patrol agents should be advised that they will no longer be detaining, or processing, but turning back and if necessary at gun point.  Our military should also be along the border, not to detain but to stop and turn back. All allowed to use fire power if necessary. 

One thing Trump can do is to announce/call various leaders and tell them that the U.S. is no longer accepting ANY immigration or asylum.  Those coming across will be asked to turn around.  Those who don't will be fired upon. As terrible as it seems, one or two incidents and word will get back that the U.S. has an armed border and zero tolerance for illegal crossings. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 01:06:07 am »
---

That's only a law passed by Congress and (I assume) signed by a POTUS, so clearly any such act can be overruled by a single federal judge who disagrees.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 01:06:26 am »
@EdJames

What's even worse is they are recycling children.  Its the practice of using children to gain entry.  Then they are sending them back to be used by someone else.

https://newspunch.com/human-traffickers-recycling-imgrant-children-border/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:08:11 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 02:53:07 am »
It’s Trump vs. Trump as immigration divides White House
The president is weighing — and reflecting — different opinions among his top advisers, including Stephen Miller and his son-in-law Jared Kushner.

By ELIANA JOHNSON, NANCY COOK and ANITA KUMAR 04/10/2019 07:43 PM EDT Updated 04/10/2019 11:26 PM EDT

President Donald Trump is in a fight over immigration — with himself.
Trump denied on Tuesday that he is “cleaning house” at the Department of Homeland Security. But on Wednesday, the White House was eyeing a replacement for a senior DHS official whose job congressional Republicans are trying to save.

The president has also said he has no plans to renew the administration’s highly controversial migrant child separation policy — even as officials throughout the administration weigh a plan to make arrested border-crossers choose whether to “voluntarily” separate from their kids.
And while Trump recently told senior aides that White House adviser Stephen Miller is his unofficial immigration czar, he told reporters on Wednesday that his son-in-law Jared Kushner would be out with an “exciting” immigration plan “soon.”
As the president faces blowback from his slow-motion decapitation of the Department of Homeland Security, Trump is presenting two public faces on immigration. He is offering rhetoric that undersells the dramatic moves underway in his administration to curb illegal immigration and deter asylum seekers from entering the country. And he is toggling between Kushner, who has spent months fashioning an immigration package that can attract bipartisan support and appease the business community, and Miller, who as a Senate aide was notorious for killing legislation like that...………

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/10/trump-immigration-1267468
-----------------------------------------------
On the mark!!!
Sun-Tzu asserted; "Leaders must know themselves before they can know their enemy."
Trump knows neither and given his narcissism, never will.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 03:44:36 am »
That's only a law passed by Congress and (I assume) signed by a POTUS, so clearly any such act can be overruled by a single federal judge who disagrees.

And mere Constitutional provisions can be interpreted any way they damned well feel like.  A single Federal Judge can twist the Constitution just as crookedly as a Statute.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2019, 06:35:13 am »
And mere Constitutional provisions can be interpreted any way they damned well feel like.  A single Federal Judge can twist the Constitution just as crookedly as a Statute.

Trump should use everything he can.  If it is stopped in court hopefully the "new" Supreme Court will rule Constitutionally. 

Offline EdJames

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 12:54:38 pm »
@EdJames

Well, every little bit helps!

Offline EdJames

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 12:56:48 pm »
Close the ports of entry.  The border patrol agents should be advised that they will no longer be detaining, or processing, but turning back and if necessary at gun point.  Our military should also be along the border, not to detain but to stop and turn back. All allowed to use fire power if necessary. 

One thing Trump can do is to announce/call various leaders and tell them that the U.S. is no longer accepting ANY immigration or asylum.  Those coming across will be asked to turn around.  Those who don't will be fired upon. As terrible as it seems, one or two incidents and word will get back that the U.S. has an armed border and zero tolerance for illegal crossings.

Exactly, and there isn't anything wrong with that.  Whenever we would learn about countries that take border security seriously, most sane people would always acknowledge that that is certainly their right!

Offline EdJames

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 12:59:34 pm »

Well maybe now is the time to force this judicial tyranny back into the bottle.  (And yes, without looking it up, I would have to assume that Truman signed the bill.)