Author Topic: Omar thanks supporters, slams critics: No one can threaten 'my unwavering love for America'  (Read 182 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Omar thanks supporters, slams critics: No one can threaten 'my unwavering love for America'
By John Bowden - 04/13/19 03:56 PM EDT

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) thanked supporters on Saturday as the hashtag "#IstandwithIlhan" entered its second day on the list of top trending terms on Twitter in the United States.

In a series of tweets Saturday afternoon, Omar vowed that her love for the U.S. was unquestionable amid attacks from conservatives and allies of the president aimed at her loyalty to the country, as well as criticism of comments about 9/11 that some viewed as dismissive.

"I did not run for Congress to be silent. I did not run for Congress to sit on the sidelines. I ran because I believed it was time to restore moral clarity and courage to Congress. To fight and to defend our democracy," Omar wrote.

"No one person – no matter how corrupt, inept, or vicious – can threaten my unwavering love for America. I stand undeterred to continue fighting for equal opportunity in our pursuit of happiness for all Americans," she continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/438776-omar-thanks-supporters-slams-critics-no-one-can-threaten-my-unwavering-love
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Online mountaineer

And by "America," I mean Somalia.
I have decided to officially and formally not apologize. I'm not sorry at all, even slightly.

Indeed, I especially want to convey my absence of remorse to anyone who was offended by what I said. If you are the sort of person who gets twisted into knots when someone articulates a point of view that differs from your own, then you are exactly the sort of person who should never receive an apology for a differing point of view — if I were offering one, which, again, I'm not.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Taqiyya. She hates the USA and should be deported back to her $h!thole.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

Taqiyya. She hates the USA and should be deported back to her $h!thole.

888high58888
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Put all her supporters on the no-fly list and terror watchlist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Fishrrman Speaks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf