Author Topic: Suspect arrested for pushing child off Mall of America balcony has twice been banned from the Minnes  (Read 1523 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Suspect arrested for pushing child off Mall of America balcony has twice been banned from the Minnesota shopping center
By Jessica Schladebeck  | New York Daily News |   Apr 13, 2019

The suspect accused of pushing a child off the third floor of the Mall of America in Minnesota has previously admitted to having “anger issues” and has twice been banned from the popular shopping center in the past, according to court records.

Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda was being held by Bloomington Police Saturday morning on suspicion of attempted homicide after he knocked a 5-year-old boy over the third-floor railing and off a balcony at the mall. What preceded the startling act of violence Friday morning is unclear, but police do not believe there is any relationship between the 24-year-old suspect and the child or his family.

“Our officers initially responded and performed first aid on the child along with some other witnesses and passersby,” Police Chief Jeff Potts said. “The child did suffer significant injuries.”

Read more at: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-suspect-push-child-mall-of-america-minnesota-ban-20190413-gxifty3xlfgn7hsrrlmeyejlym-story.html

I'm hearing this is a big deal this morning....  picture of the five year old who was pushed here:

https://twitter.com/crispykage/status/1116972934759944192

Picture of suspect at NY Daily News link above.

On twitter, I'm reading different things....but I won't use twitter as a source for now.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The offender is a member of a racial grouping, which in the US comits murder, at about 7 times the rate of whites.

Primates are very violent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm hearing this is a big deal this morning....  picture of the five year old who was pushed here:

https://twitter.com/crispykage/status/1116972934759944192

Picture of suspect at NY Daily News link above.

On twitter, I'm reading different things....but I won't use twitter as a source for now.

@TomSea

If I had seen him do this,I would have picked him up and thrown HIM off the balcony,and then claim I was trying to restrain him and he slipped.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The offender is a member of a racial grouping, which in the US comits murder, at about 7 times the rate of whites.

Primates are very violent.

@truth_seeker

BUT......it is not THEIR fault! It  [deleted unintelligible stuff].

They are a protected and favored species,so nothing is ever THEIR fault.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:37:46 pm by Mod1 »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Any updates on how the child is doing?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I heard somewhere that he has a history of mental health issues, maybe if they put him in the general population he can cured. :pondering:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here's all that's known @mystery-ak

Boy thrown over railing at Mall of America remains hospitalized
Star Tribune, Apr 13, 2019

A 5-year-old boy who fell almost 40 feet after being thrown over a third-floor railing at the Mall of America on Friday remained hospitalized Saturday, police said.

At a noon news conference, Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said the family of the boy, who remains hospitalized at Children’s Hospital Minneapolis, has requested privacy.

“This is a horrific situation, and the family is in our thoughts and prayers,” Potts said. “They appreciate the thoughts and prayers from the public.”

The suspect, Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, 24, was quickly arrested after fleeing to the mall’s transit station, thanks to witness reports and security cameras, Potts said. He was moved overnight from the Bloomington jail to the Hennepin County jail on suspicion of attempted murder and other charges. He will be charged by noon Monday, Potts said.

More:  http://www.startribune.com/boy-thrown-over-railing-at-mall-of-america-remains-hospitalized/508537922/

Offline mountaineer

I've read he's a Muslim, though I've not seen any evidence to support that allegation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

I read in a comment in an article that he has died, but I can't find any confirmation of that.

There is very little news about it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

https://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/13/mall-america-attack-boy-thrown-balcony-fell-40-ft/3459256002/

According to an article just an hour ago, he has not died, but remains hospitalized suffering serious injuries.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Praying for this little boy

Police say boy thrown off Mall of America balcony is alive, say suspect did not know family

Police in Minnesota said Saturday that the boy who was pushed off a third-floor balcony in the Mall of America is alive but did not elaborate on his condition, and said the suspect did not know the family but he has had run-ins with police before.

https://globalnews.ca/video/5165024/police-say-boy-thrown-off-mall-of-america-balcony-is-alive-say-suspect-did-not-know-family
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The name of the victim has not been released, and his family is asking for their privacy to be respected. Police say both the victim and Aranda live in the Twin Cities. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family. According to the GoFundMe page, the boy’s condition is stable.

Police: Boy Thrown From MOA Balcony Receiving Care; Criminal Charges To Be Filed Monday
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/04/13/emmanuel-aranda-accused-of-throwing-boy-from-moa-balcony-transferred-to-hennepin-co-jail/

He needs our prayers....
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The boy is "still very much with us and fighting," according to a family friend who set up a GoFundMe page that raised $263,000 within hours of being created Saturday. The donations will help pay for his medical and rehabilitation costs, which will include multiple surgeries, organizers said.

http://www.startribune.com/boy-thrown-over-railing-at-mall-of-america-remains-hospitalized/508537922/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
What a sad story. The parents must be gutted   8888crybaby
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What a sad story. The parents must be gutted   8888crybaby

@Freya

I know who I would like to see gutted.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
excerpt:

'Long road to recovery'

For all who witnessed the incident, including law enforcement officers, "this is a tough one," Potts said. "When it's involving a young child like that, it's pretty gut-wrenching."

On the boy's GoFundMe page, organizers wrote that Landen, who was visiting the mall with his mother and another child when he was attacked, "is full of energy and life and enjoys soccer, playing with friends and family and playing hockey with his brother and sister. … [His] family is always so generous to others, they give without expecting in return and are the type of family you always hope live next door."

He is likely to survive, they said, adding, however, that Landen "has a very long road to recovery ahead of him. … He has many surgeries ahead in his life to try to get back to a normal life for a young, vibrant boy."

more
http://www.startribune.com/boy-thrown-over-railing-at-mall-of-america-remains-hospitalized/508537922/

PRAY!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

Minn. Rep Omar states it is just another instance where "somebofy did something."

Offline truth_seeker

If the perp is nuts, the public should be protected by confining him.

Public policy appears to be "mainstreaming crazy people, and subjecting taxpayers and residents to the result.

Same goes for homeless drug addicts.

Here is a  project for our internet forum phychologists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the perp is nuts, the public should be protected by confining him.

Public policy appears to be "mainstreaming crazy people, and subjecting taxpayers and residents to the result.

Same goes for homeless drug addicts.

Here is a  project for our internet forum phychologists.

FTA:

In July 2018, an eerily similar incident occurred in Apple Valley, when an 18-year-old man picked up an 8-year-old boy he did not know and threw him over the rail on a waterslide, sending the boy plummeting more than 30 feet to the concrete below. The boy recovered, but required several surgeries. Roman Adams, of Maple Grove, was charged with third-degree assault, but later was found incompetent to stand trial “due to reasons of mental illness,” court records say.

This is a poor harbinger of what's to come.  He'll likely be considered unfit for trial.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
FTA:

This is a poor harbinger of what's to come.  He'll likely be considered unfit for trial.
If he was my child and the person responsible skated in the justice system........................................he would never ever have a chance to hurt another child.......................I would see to it.

Accidents happen, sometimes on purpose

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bump

Attack was premeditated and suspect has quite a rap sheet according to the NY Post. Check out what he did in a restaurant in 2014.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/17/more-evidence-shows-mall-of-america-suspect-is-just-a-terrible-person/

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:31:07 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

Minn. Rep Omar states it is just another instance where "somebofy did something."
He's one of her fellow Somalians.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org