Author Topic: Epic ignorance: Bankers had to remind Maxine Waters her hero OBAMA is responsible for massive stude  (Read 479 times)

rangerrebew

Epic ignorance: Bankers had to remind Maxine Waters her hero OBAMA is responsible for massive student loan debt (Video)

Posted on April 12, 2019

By Jon Dougherty

For most Democrats, serving in Congress isn’t about leadership or solving the nation’s problems, it has become nothing more than a quest to ‘get’ political opponents — the president of the United States, all Republicans, or, in the case of “Crazy” Maxine Waters on Wednesday, “mega-bankers.”

Waters hauled representatives from five of the country’s biggest banks before her House Financial Services Committee, which she chairs, to berate them over something that neither they nor the Trump administration had anything to do with: Building the country’s massive, $1 trillion-plus student loan debt.

It quickly became apparent that Waters had no clue what she was talking about — and no idea that Obama ordered the federal government to nationalize student loans in 2010, nearly a decade ago.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/04/12/epic-ignorance-bankers-had-to-remind-maxine-waters-her-hero-obama-is-responsible-for-massive-student-loan-debt-video/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I saw this on TeeVee, and I LMAO.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

Idiots.   Every time I hear some millennial complaining about student debt, I tell them how much better it was before the government nationalized the industry.  The interest rate on my free market 2005 student loan was 2.34%.  Compare that with their monopoly-price 6.78% rate.  My rate was set by one of those evil banks.  Theirs was set by Big Brother.

These people voted for Obama.  Obama campaigned that he was going to nationalize student loans.  And these idiots somehow thought that would be a good idea.  In the end, they got exactly what they voted for.  And we the taxpayer got screwed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Nationalized" student loans have done for the price of education, what 3rd-party health insurance did for the cost of medical care...   ;)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Idiots.   Every time I hear some millennial complaining about student debt, I tell them how much better it was before the government nationalized the industry.  The interest rate on my free market 2005 student loan was 2.34%.  Compare that with their monopoly-price 6.78% rate.  My rate was set by one of those evil banks.  Theirs was set by Big Brother.

These people voted for Obama.  Obama campaigned that he was going to nationalize student loans.  And these idiots somehow thought that would be a good idea.  In the end, they got exactly what they voted for.  And we the taxpayer got screwed.

Me thinks you should express those numbers as % of prime/etc rate at the time of loan. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Hoodat

Me thinks you should express those numbers as % of prime/etc rate at the time of loan.

Free market
Dec 2005:  Prime rate = 7.25%.   Student loan rate as percent of Prime = 32%

Government monopoly
Dec 2010:  Prime rate = 3.25%.   Student loan rate as percent of Prime = 209%
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Free market
Dec 2005:  Prime rate = 7.25%.   Student loan rate as percent of Prime = 32%

Government monopoly
Dec 2010:  Prime rate = 3.25%.   Student loan rate as percent of Prime = 209%

Okay, that's a better comparison (7x vs 3x).  Even better might be to compare the difference between paying off the loan or keeping your money in savings and making minimum payments.   IIRC, I was getting like 5% on savings vs. less than 1% in 2010, which would make student loans about 14x more expensive in 2010 relative.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.