Author Topic: Illinois: Illinois Democrats to Trump: Show tax returns or be barred from 2020 ballot  (Read 1034 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Illinois Democrats to Trump: Show tax returns or be barred from 2020 ballot

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 04:56 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 11, 2019 04:56 PM CD

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) - The Illinois Senate passed legislation Thursday aimed at forcing President Trump to release his personal income tax returns or be barred from the state's 2020 presidential ballot.

The Democrat-led Senate voted 36-19 in favor of the bill.

Democrats have been trying to pressure Trump to release his tax returns even prior to the 2016 election, in hopes of revealing possibly damning information about buisness relationships or income from foreign powers.

State Sen. Tony Munoz (D-Chicago) said, "If you want to run for vice president or president of the United States, hey, what’s wrong with providing your tax returns for the past five years?" according to WBEZ.

“If you’ve got nothing to hide, you shouldn’t worry about anything,” he said. “That’s how I see it.”

The move drew criticism from Illinois Republicans, who said the demand for Trump's tax returns were selective, and were aimed at other offenders, including billionaire Governor J.B. Pritzker.

“This is quite frankly, with all due respect to the sponsor, an embarrassing waste of the Senate’s time,” said State Sen. Dale Righter (R-Mattoon). “This is being pushed by a far-leftist organization from the city of Chicago that wants to be able to get up and chirp about the president of the United States. We ought to be better than this.”

The measure now moves to the Illinois House.

According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, similar legislation is being considered in 17 other states.

https://www.mystateline.com/news/illinois-democrats-to-trump-show-tax-returns-or-be-barred-from-2020-ballot/1919139230
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Bigun, is this constitutional? 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Probably not, but why would any new democrats care?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So all Democrats need to show tax returns?
Or is this a Republican only law?
I would love to see any Democrat's tax returns.
Just pick one. They are all corrupt criminals.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

No! But since when has that ever stopped a democrat?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No! But since when has that ever stopped a democrat?

I couldn't see how it could be, but point taken.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So,the Dims really and truly think they live in a world where they get to make up the rules as they go along?

What are they going to do when this doesn't work,hold their breath and stamp their little feets until they turn blue in the face,and have to be sent to bed without their graft and  hookers?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!