Author Topic: Worse than Watergate  (Read 502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Worse than Watergate
« on: April 13, 2019, 01:03:29 pm »
April 13, 2019
Worse than Watergate
By John Leonard

For most of my lifetime, “Watergate” has been used as the measuring stick for political corruption. What exactly was the Watergate scandal?

On June 17, 1972, five men were arrested for burglarizing the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D. C. It was never alleged that President Richard M. Nixon knew about the burglary prior to the attempt, but that he tried to use the power of the presidency to obstruct justice in order to protect members of his administration and his reelection committee from facing criminal charges. Ultimately, Nixon was forced to resign in order to avoid congressional impeachment and a trial in the Senate.

The great irony is that Nixon was going to crush McGovern in the general election without any illegal help. Nothing that could have been stolen from the Democrats could have helped the Republican Party win any bigger in 1972 -- Nixon claimed 520 electoral votes and carried 49 states. The break-in was stupid and unnecessary.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/04/worse_than_watergate.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Worse than Watergate
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 01:11:21 pm »
Thousands of times worse than Watergate!

Watergate was, at base, a group of fools trying to obtain documents that would prove the DNC was running a call girl operation for fat cats out of it's Washington headquarters.  The current mess involves the politicization of the federal government for political purposes.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 03:56:12 pm »

Watergate was, at base, a group of fools trying to obtain documents that would prove the DNC was running a call girl operation for fat cats out of it's Washington headquarters.  The current mess involves the politicization of the federal government for political purposes.

A willing FBI was used by Obastard to attempt to assure a Clinton win and failing that, a crippled President Trump.  Definitely worse than Watergate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 03:58:24 pm »

Infinitely worse! The only upside is the media has been exposed as an agent of the democommies.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 04:20:24 pm »
Infinitely worse! The only upside is the media has been exposed as an agent of the democommies.

Lots being exposed but few are paying any attention it seems.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 04:41:10 pm »
Lots being exposed but few are paying any attention it seems.

Surely it would be better if the public were interested enough to pay attention to rat perfidy & lawbreaking but I'll settle for some convictions.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »
Surely it would be better if the public were interested enough to pay attention to rat perfidy & lawbreaking but I'll settle for some convictions.

:amen:  We'll take what we can get at this point.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 07:14:48 pm »

If we get those convictions we'll start to see some public opinion swinging our way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 03:32:36 am »
If we get those convictions we'll start to see some public opinion swinging our way.

Kinda hard to serve as a Dem without opening up to a few.

More the Merrier!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com