Author Topic: Trump goes after Ilhan Omar with 9/11 attack montage video  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump goes after Ilhan Omar with 9/11 attack montage video
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 01:20:57 am »

The President has pinned this tweet to the top of his twitter feed.   happy77

Pinned Tweet
Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account  @realDonaldTrump

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Video at link: 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1116817144006750209

2:35 PM - 12 Apr 2019

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 01:31:09 am »

I see a bit of irony here. Trump has every right to respond as he has and is just in doing so, but at the same time he's inviting the same thing to happen again on an even grander scale by allowing our borders to remain open and the blatant invasion to continue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 01:40:11 am »
I see a bit of irony here. Trump has every right to respond as he has and is just in doing so, but at the same time he's inviting the same thing to happen again on an even grander scale by allowing our borders to remain open and the blatant invasion to continue.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, woman ... the President is not the one allowing this.  Have some mercy on the rest of us ... and give it a damn rest before you force me to comment with total candor on your intellectual acumen.

Just take a bleeping rest.   9999hair out0000

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 02:31:44 am »
Holy Mary, Mother of God, woman ... the President is not the one allowing this.  Have some mercy on the rest of us ... and give it a damn rest before you force me to comment with total candor on your intellectual acumen.

888mouth   9999hair out0000

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 04:22:37 am »

@Right_in_Virginia   @libertybele

Good luck with that one. She is a bible-thumping Bush-Bot Republicroid,and those people live in a different reality than the rest of us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 01:57:06 pm »
@sneakypete @libertybele @Right_in_Virginia

I can understand those who are angry at Trump for not doing something extreme like keeping the government shut down, to try to force Congress to fund a border wall and toughen immigration/asylum laws. I think there should be more of a recognition that the lower courts and Congressional Republicans refused to back him, but maybe those people believe he should have kept everything shut down.  Play legislation chicken, and be willing to fly that car right over the edge if necessary.  Let the FAA grind to a halt and ground all civilian air traffic, stop all military and civilian pay, etc..  Maybe they believe that's what Trump should have done.  I don't, but I at least can recognize the internal logic of that position.

BUT - I don't believe for one second that there was any other GOP candidate running who would have done that, or who would have taken as aggressive a stance both within the media, and using executive powers, as has Trump.  He's gone as far, or beyond, what any other elected Republican President would have done in that regard.  So I'm not sure what is to be gained by tearing him down on this issue.  There isn't anyone electable who is going to be any better on that issue.

The people who should be castigated over this are the ones to whom immigration and naturalization laws are specifically entrusted by the Constitution.  Congress.  Going after the best guy you have on an issue because he isn't able to drag every else over the finish line is unfair, counterproductive, and smacks of having a bias against him completely unrelated to the issue of immigration.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2019, 02:06:25 pm »

I can understand those who are angry at Trump for not doing something extreme like keeping the government shut down, to try to force Congress to fund a border wall and toughen immigration/asylum laws. I think there should be more of a recognition that the lower courts and Congressional Republicans refused to back him, but maybe those people believe he should have kept everything shut down.  Play legislation chicken, and be willing to fly that car right over the edge if necessary.  Let the FAA grind to a halt and ground all civilian air traffic, stop all military and civilian pay, etc..  Maybe they believe that's what Trump should have done.  I don't, but I at least can recognize the internal logic of that position.

BUT - I don't believe for one second that there was any other GOP candidate running who would have done that, or who would have taken as aggressive a stance both within the media, and using executive powers, as has Trump.  He's gone as far, or beyond, what any other elected Republican President would have done in that regard.  So I'm not sure what is to be gained by tearing him down on this issue.  There isn't anyone electable who is going to be any better on that issue.

The people who should be castigated over this are the ones to whom immigration and naturalization laws are specifically entrusted by the Constitution.  Congress.  Going after the best guy you have on an issue because he isn't able to drag every else over the finish line is unfair, counterproductive, and smacks of having a bias against him completely unrelated to the issue of immigration.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Complete agreement.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 02:15:53 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin
Agree.  Good post
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 02:31:19 pm »

Trump is our president and to bring up what others would or wouldn't have accomplished is purely making assumptions and predictions. Certainly and without doubt our do nothing Congress does hold responsibility.  I never stated that they didn't.

Yes, Trump deserves a huge pat on the back for the way he handled this.  I gave him credit.  How dare I ruin that moment by pointing out some irony!!

iTrump is still the president and he still has certain authorities granted to him under the Constitution. Also, under the  Immigration and Nationality Act, it gives him the authority to ban certain people or groups from coming into this country.  It was used under  Bush, Clinton, Reagan and even Bammy.

"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

Completely shutting down the border is different than allowing commerce, while shutting down all migration into this country.  He has the authority to do so. 

Trump was very clever and wise in the way that he is handling Omar.  That's a given.  Yes, and he deserves a pat on the back. 

Keeping our borders open allows for the real possibility of allowing terrorists through and another 9-11 could very well occur again.  That was the only point that I was making.

Most countries protect themselves when being invaded.  We can certainly pretend that everything is just peachy and everything is being done by this President to remedy the crisis at the border. Yes, I realize he's not a king, etc., etc., but his continued hesitations, hollow threats, continued tweets are costing us BIGLY!  So ... that I dare not offend anyone who believes everything that Trump has sold them, I should just sit back and say nothing, as our Republic is invaded and watch it become another Europe.  Got it.  No worries.  Trump has everything under control.  Gee.  I feel better already!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 02:34:29 pm »

Agree 100%.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 02:38:42 pm »
Trump is our president and to bring up what others would or wouldn't have accomplished is purely making assumptions and predictions.

Well, sure it is.  But we make assumptions and predictions all the time in politics because the future is inherently unknown, how people will react to policies is unknown, how courts will react is unknown, etc..  Hell, the entire basis of elections is making assumptions and predictions about what your preferred candidate would do once in office. Criticizing an argument because it includes "assumptions and predictions" is kind of a cop-out.  If you want to criticize that argument, then explain why those assumptions and predictions are unreasonable.  I believe my assumption/prediction was reasonable because I don't see any of the 2016 candidates -- including Cruz - advocating that he shut down the border.  They all oppose it.  Nor do I see any other Republican leader of significance advocating that he do that.  So it seems pretty reasonable to assume/predict that he's out in front on this issue, and it is other Republicans trying to pull him back.

The reason that is important here is because it begs the question of why people are going after Trump on this, and what they hope to accomplish.  If you politically weaken the best guy you've got on an issue, then you're engaging in counterproductive behavior.  That is, if your focus is truly on that issue, and you're not just blasting the guy because you dislike him for a whole bunch of other reasons unrelated to the particular issue being discussed.

Trump is still the president and he still has certain authorities granted to him under the Constitution. Also, under the  Immigration and Nationality Act, it gives him the authority to ban certain people or groups from coming into this country.  It was used under  Bush, Clinton, Reagan and even Bammy.

"Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I'm also aware that he's been shot down by the courts when attempting to use that legislation in a manner they deem too broad.  You seem to be ignoring that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:44:28 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 04:49:59 pm »

... The people who should be castigated over this are the ones to whom immigration and naturalization laws are specifically entrusted by the Constitution.  Congress.  Going after the best guy you have on an issue because he isn't able to drag every else over the finish line is unfair, counterproductive, and smacks of having a bias against him completely unrelated to the issue of immigration. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2019, 05:27:38 pm »

I'm also aware that he's been shot down by the courts when attempting to use that legislation in a manner they deem too broad.  You seem to be ignoring that.

No.  Not ignoring the issue at all. Where in the Constitution does it allow or state that judges can control border policy and prevent the president from protecting the country?  A judge, doesn't have the power to “issue an order” to enable illegals to come into our country without permission of the president.

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2019, 05:34:26 pm »

Pinned Tweet
Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account  @realDonaldTrump

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Video at link: 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1116817144006750209

2:35 PM - 12 Apr 2019 

Can you help get this thread back on topic @Cyber Liberty ?

We we already have wall-to-wall immigration threads.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2019, 05:43:06 pm »

President Trump criticizing Rep. Ilhan Omar for comments a 'good thing': Sarah Sanders

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-calling-rep-ilhan-omar-comments-good/story?id=62384114

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2019, 05:45:11 pm »

Offline libertybele

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »
No.  Not ignoring the issue at all. Where in the Constitution does it allow or state that judges can control border policy and prevent the president from protecting the country?  A judge, doesn't have the power to “issue an order” to enable illegals to come into our country without permission of the president.

So now you're blaming Trump for not throwing down the gauntlet and defying 200+ years of legal history in this country, and declare Marbury v. Madison invalid?  If he did that, the Supreme Court would vote 9-0 against him, and when he defied them, he'd have handed the Democrats the gift of a successful impeachment and conviction, because there is no way in hell you could get 34 Senators to say that the President can thumb his nose at the Supreme Court.  And there's a damn good chance lower level officials, including his own cabinet, would refuse to follow that order anyway.  You'd accomplish nothing except having Trump impeached and removed from office.

I won't say that's your goal in advocating that, but that's the most likely result.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2019, 06:03:51 pm »

Good point.  Can y'all get off the immigration imbroglio and back on the Original Topic, which was Omar Whatshername?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2019, 06:26:30 pm »
So now you're blaming Trump for not throwing down the gauntlet and defying 200+ years of legal history in this country, and declare Marbury v. Madison invalid?  If he did that, the Supreme Court would vote 9-0 against him, and when he defied them, he'd have handed the Democrats the gift of a successful impeachment and conviction, because there is no way in hell you could get 34 Senators to say that the President can thumb his nose at the Supreme Court.  And there's a damn good chance lower level officials, including his own cabinet, would refuse to follow that order anyway.  You'd accomplish nothing except having Trump impeached and removed from office.

I won't say that's your goal in advocating that, but that's the most likely result.

Good grief I am not advocating having Trump impeached or removed from office for crying out loud.  I want him to succeed.  Let me repeat that...I want President Trump to succeed.  Especially on this issue!  That's been my reason for not giving him a free pass on this!

Obviously, we can ping-pong this back and forth --- Is the Supreme Court the final say on the Constitution?
https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/22/supreme-court-not-final-say-constitution/

Again --- does a judge have the authority to direct the President of the U.S. who is Commander In  Chief and has the Constitutional Authority to control our military on protecting our borders?  Are you telling me that a judge can prevent him from doing so?

Landon v. Plasencia; it was ruled;   â€œAn alien seeking initial admission to the United States requests a privilege and has no constitutional rights regarding his application.” 

Illegals can be denied entry.  The mobs are not applying for application, nor asylum, they are just being let in!  Heck there are reports that they are not even being processed with health screening and are just being let in!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2019, 06:37:33 pm »
Muslims are a violent threat to the whole civilized world,so bleep them and the camels they rode in on.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2019, 06:59:03 pm »
Muslims are a violent threat to the whole civilized world,so bleep them and the camels they rode in on.

Well ... now that we're back on topic ...

C.A.I.R. is Hamas; a front for a terrorist entity formed by the Muslim Brotherhood and as a result we now have Omar sitting in Congress.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 03:46:57 am »

Obviously, we can ping-pong this back and forth --- Is the Supreme Court the final say on the Constitution?
https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/22/supreme-court-not-final-say-constitution/

Your argument seems to be "no, the Supreme Court is not the final say".  And I'm telling you that if the President makes that argument and acts on it, he will be impeached.  Whether the argument is correct in some esoteric legal sense doesn't matter.  What matters is the political blowback that will come from President Trump saying he can ignore rulings by the Supreme Court.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:54 pm »
Your argument seems to be "no, the Supreme Court is not the final say". And I'm telling you that if the President makes that argument and acts on it, he will be impeached. Whether the argument is correct in some esoteric legal sense doesn't matter.  What matters is the political blowback that will come from President Trump saying he can ignore rulings by the Supreme Court.
Absolute fiction.  You are rewriting history it seems.

Didn't happen to Jackson, and it certainly will not happen to Trump.

The SC is NOT the final say in anything.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 10:21:07 pm »
Absolute fiction.  You are rewriting history it seems.

Didn't happen to Jackson, and it certainly will not happen to Trump.

I believe the political environment is different today for Trump than it was for Andrew Jackson in 1832.  I also believe that the public's view of the deference to which Supreme Court orders are entitled is different now than it was in 1832.

You don't, so there is no point in discussing this further.

But we do seem to agree that the Supreme Court would not have the final as to whether or not Trump would be impeached. That would belong to Nancy Pelosi and her House Democrat majority.  You have more faith that they'd give Trump a pass than do I.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:24:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »