Author Topic: 'A new level of inhumanity': Democrats denounce White House idea to release migrants in sanctuary ci  (Read 8972 times)

Offline bilo

I guess you weren't paying attention here  when Trump's  supporters were  called stupid, uneducated, racists, nazis, fascists, stormtroopers, goosesteppers, hitler admirerers, Russian sympathizers, to only mention some of the derision served up.

It has been the norm to attack RIV, for her steady support of the President.

IIRC, it cut both ways. A lot of Cruz supporters, or those that just didn't trust Trump's overnight conversion to conservatism, were called all kinds of things.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Rivergirl

Speaking of Trump's duplicity on every issue...…………..now sending Sarah out to suggest that this congress is too dumb to understand Trump's tax returns.   So, were the republicans in the last congress also too dumb?
If you all want to cheer on his ravings, feel free to do so but to denigrate those of us who will never ever support this man for any office is laughable.   The things you are happy to defend are indefensible...…..IMHO.

Offline bilo

He is clearly a very flawed human being.  I just don't see the point in dwelling on that when there already are tens of millions of people who voted against and hate the guy, and who advocate for his removal from office before he's even completed his elected term of office.  Their efforts to prevent him from accomplishing anything are aided and abetted by a mainstream meadia that is generally -- with some exceptions -- complicit in that attempt to weaken him.  It's basically 24/7 "Trump is horrible, and for the good of the country we must remove him from office".

So in light of that, exactly what do his GOP critics hope to accomplish by piling on?

Ultimately that attitude led me to look at what he has been proposing and been willing to take on and I became a supporter.

He's is not a "genteel" man. He is brash and will answer any question asked of him. However, his instincts are spot on about what the country wants to see the govt. take on. His foreign policy has been very good. His economic policy has been good. His selection of judges has been good (you never know with them, though). He is right about immigration and border security and he is right about health insurance reform. Unfortunately for him, the Pub party are a bunch of gutless wonders and don't want to back him in any meaningful way.

I think he's making progress. It's just a tough fight when the Rat party doesn't want to solve anything, the media are propagandists for the left and the Pubs are married to the Chamber of Commerce.

Offline bilo

Speaking of Trump's duplicity on every issue...…………..now sending Sarah out to suggest that this congress is too dumb to understand Trump's tax returns.   So, were the republicans in the last congress also too dumb?
If you all want to cheer on his ravings, feel free to do so but to denigrate those of us who will never ever support this man for any office is laughable.   The things you are happy to defend are indefensible...…..IMHO.

Why should anyone other than the IRS have access to his tax returns?

Offline Hoodat

@libertybele

Says one of the biggest instigators.

Wouldn't your time be better spent working on your RINO Shrine and collector cards?

QED
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why should anyone other than the IRS have access to his tax returns?

Yeah, I don't understand that either.  Why would we think we should have access to them?  If the IRS doesn't think he's committed a crime, and people are willing to vote for him without seeing his returns, what is the issue?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@libertybele

Wouldn't your time be better spent working on your RINO Shrine and collector cards?

I like that idea. Sort of baseball cards for politicians, with their relevant statistics and basic info. 

Offline skeeter

Ultimately that attitude led me to look at what he has been proposing and been willing to take on and I became a supporter.

He's is not a "genteel" man. He is brash and will answer any question asked of him. However, his instincts are spot on about what the country wants to see the govt. take on. His foreign policy has been very good. His economic policy has been good. His selection of judges has been good (you never know with them, though). He is right about immigration and border security and he is right about health insurance reform. Unfortunately for him, the Pub party are a bunch of gutless wonders and don't want to back him in any meaningful way.

I think he's making progress. It's just a tough fight when the Rat party doesn't want to solve anything, the media are propagandists for the left and the Pubs are married to the Chamber of Commerce.

It just boils down to some folks being more concerned with form than substance.

I don't care if my president has missing teeth or BO - I don't need him to look up to. I just want him to move the ball in the right direction.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He is clearly a very flawed human being.  I just don't see the point in dwelling on that when there already are tens of millions of people who voted against and hate the guy, and who advocate for his removal from office before he's even completed his elected term of office.  Their efforts to prevent him from accomplishing anything are aided and abetted by a mainstream meadia that is generally -- with some exceptions -- complicit in that attempt to weaken him.  It's basically 24/7 "Trump is horrible, and for the good of the country we must remove him from office".

So in light of that, exactly what do his GOP critics hope to accomplish by piling on?

Uhh......an opportunity to claim that they're not as out-of-touch and unaware and that "WE TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Where the hell have you been for the past THREE YEARS around here?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@Maj. Bill Martin

My response to that is the same it’s always been.  What harm are we doing Trump in this little corner of the internet?  Answer:  none.  The refrain in 2016 was “Come on, just put him over the top so he can do great things, and we’ll hold his feet to the fire.”  That’s morphed into “hey, let’s not criticize him.”  Nope, criticism of politicians is an American pastime.  It’s healthy.

The public’s job was getting him elected,  not speaking well of him after they did so.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

My response to that is the same it’s always been.  What harm are we doing Trump in this little corner of the internet?  Answer:  none.  The refrain in 2016 was “Come on, just put him over the top so he can do great things, and we’ll hold his feet to the fire.”  That’s morphed into “hey, let’s not criticize him.”  Nope, criticism of politicians is an American pastime.  It’s healthy.

The public’s job was getting him elected,  not speaking well of him after they did so.

I would say two things:

1) public opinion in the United States is affected not just by big media, or by radio talk shows, but also by tens of millions of everyday conversations, postings on message boards, etc., where citizens discuss these issues.  Heck, one of the reasons people post and debate is to try to sway others to their point of view.  So if the argument is "what difference does it make", I'd respond "if you believe the words you say cannot possibly make a difference, then why bother saying them?"

2) Nothing wrong with criticizing politicians.  But that should go both ways.  There are a ton of elected Democrats who are a much bigger problem, but who effectively get a free pass from alleged conservatives who'd rather spend their efforts attacking Trump.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I don't care if my president has missing teeth or BO - I don't need him to look up to. I just want him to move the ball in the right direction.

I wouldn't accuse all NeverTrumpers of fitting that description...but it sure seems to apply to a ton of them.  Particularly the Bush-types.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I like that idea. Sort of baseball cards for politicians, with their relevant statistics and basic info.

@Sanguine

There would have to be a certain amount of "fudging" going on with the stats.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@Maj. Bill Martin

I would say two things:

1) public opinion in the United States is affected not just by big media, or by radio talk shows, but also by tens of millions of everyday conversations, postings on message boards, etc., where citizens discuss these issues.  Heck, one of the reasons people post and debate is to try to sway others to their point of view.  So if the argument is "what difference does it make", I'd respond "if you believe the words you say cannot possibly make a difference, then why bother saying them?"

Because they're not always intended to make a difference--at least as far as changing minds, which, as you admit, is only one of the reasons people debate politics.  I think anyone here who believes they're going to change members' minds in either direction is in the minority.   This is the virtual version of sitting on the front porch talking back and forth. 

Even if I thought there lurkers who were simple-minded enough to be turned against Trump by simple criticism, I'd say that's on them.  It's still important to voice what we think.  There should be no qualifications that try to tamp down opinions.

2) Nothing wrong with criticizing politicians.  But that should go both ways.  There are a ton of elected Democrats who are a much bigger problem, but who effectively get a free pass from alleged conservatives who'd rather spend their efforts attacking Trump.

No one here is giving the left a free pass.  It's simply not happening. 

For me, Conservatism 101 is: Liberals Suck.  We know it, we live it.  We've been saying so on the internet & elsewhere for a long time.  I can only speak for myself when I say that I don't have unlimited time to post here, and when I do, the latest Democrat absurdity is just that.  I can try to hit every such thread and end up repeating myself so people will still believe I'm a good conservative.  But it's not going to happen.  Unlike TOS, TBR allows me to talk about the ways in which some of the right has gone off the rails, and I think it's an important conversation to have.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline bilo

:amen:

I've been more than pleasantly surprised.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If the USA can supply its military along with the USSR, China, Great Britain, France and the other Allies to defeat the Axis during World War II, we can easily deport EVERY illegal invading alien, whether it is 12 million or 50 million.

I am sick and tired of hearing about what we can't do.  CONGRESS, get off your dead *sses and do something for the benefit of this nation and its citizens.

The only answer I see to having a representative government of the people of the USA is TERM LIMITS.  At least with TERM LIMITS we know we can have new blood that might represent us versus the same tired hacks that only care about those invading our country.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

:rolling:  You have things backasswards!   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Here's where they're going: A List of Sanctuary Cities and States. You'd be amazed how many sanctuary cities and counties there are in Iowa, but it looks like Oregon and Washington are the big winners.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Here's where they're going: A List of Sanctuary Cities and States. You'd be amazed how many sanctuary cities and counties there are in Iowa, but it looks like Oregon and Washington are the big winners.
Thank Goodness they are so close to the southern border.  Saves money on transportation costs.  Anyone know do the illegals get a free meal on the train?  I know they're getting 3 hots and a cot while being incarcerated.

Online libertybele

Thanks for the enlightenment.  I am amazed that there are so many.  The last thing we need is to expand these cities by continuing to allow illegals into the country in the first place.  Turn them around at the border and send them back from where they came!

This is no different in Europe where they have areas that are heavily Muslim populated and the police are not welcome or will not venture.  That is exactly where we are headed!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:32:31 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It doesn't surprise me.

A lot of them are farmers who come from the Jack Ma school of employment: drive your employees as hard as you can, as much as you can, and they'd better like it or else. Since very few Americans will work under such conditions (especially since most states don't give the same protections to farm workers as those in other industries get), they rely on foreigners.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It doesn't surprise me.

A lot of them are farmers who come from the Jack Ma school of employment: drive your employees as hard as you can, as much as you can, and they'd better like it or else. Since very few Americans will work under such conditions (especially since most states don't give the same protections to farm workers as those in other industries get), they rely on foreigners.

In Eastern Washington it is alot of produce.  But in Western Washington these illegal aliens are doing Manufacturing, Service jobs, Construction and other "low wage" jobs.  The problem is so much bigger than just the illegals themselves.  I remember when most of the migrants doing the manufacturing were mostly Asian.  It was very common to hear how they were better workers.  Faster workers.....etc.  Now the Hispanics are the best workers.  It has even been said here many times.

The idea that one race is superior to the other isn't new.  It is what Hitler did.  And I have been in the industry all my adult life.  People are people.  God did not create one faster or better than the other.  He created all in His image.  I would agree that upbringing is a factor but to paint all American born people as undesireable in the work force is wrong.  There are lazy in all races.  There are good workers in all races.  We need to get back to the place where our corporations are hiring people based on their past work history.  Where they give an interview and make a determination based on the answers and their gut feel about a perspective employee.  Not hiring friends and families of migrant workers.  Its wrong.

The illegal immigrant problem continues because of racism.  The idea by American employers that foreign workers are more desireable and they have to have more.  And yes it is a lie that they tell because the want cheaper labor.  Its corporate welfare.  Welfare that Americans who aren't prefered for jobs have to pay for.  Because these foreigners are not making enough to take care of their families.  Likely they are, but they would have to penny pinch like I do.  But still we all have to pick up the tab by supplying social bennefits to foreigners here.  It is theft of the American citizens.  It is a fact that most of them are taking advantage of these social bennefits.  Also popping out more babies for more money.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:40:44 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

In Eastern Washington it is alot of produce.  But in Western Washington these illegal aliens are doing Manufacturing, Service jobs, Construction and other "low wage" jobs.  The problem is so much bigger than just the illegals themselves.  I remember when most of the migrants doing the manufacturing were mostly Asian.  It was very common to hear how they were better workers.  Faster workers.....etc.  Now the Hispanics are the best workers.  It has even been said here many times.

The idea that one race is superior to the other isn't new.  It is what Hitler did.  And I have been in the industry all my adult life.  People are people.  God did not create one faster or better than the other.  He created all in His image.  I would agree that upbringing is a factor but to paint all American born people as undesireable in the work force is wrong.  There are lazy in all races.  There are good workers in all races.  We need to get back to the place where our corporations are hiring people based on their past work history.  Where they give an interview and make a determination based on the answers and their gut feel about a perspective employee.  Not hiring friends and families of migrant workers.  Its wrong.

You're right about that. Recent arrivals may work harder as they are motivated by a comparatively better life or comparatively more opportunity. But being human that attitude tapers off after awhile.

So to keep the gravy train going our modern day slave masters at the Chamber of Commerce need a constant supply of recent arrivals. Thus they will NEVER agree to securing the border.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You're right about that. Recent arrivals may work harder as they are motivated by a comparatively better life or comparatively more opportunity. But being human that attitude tapers off after awhile.

So to keep the gravy train going our modern day slave masters at the Chamber of Commerce need a constant supply of recent arrivals. Thus they will NEVER agree to securing the border.

Most all workers of every race do their best for 90 days. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Most all workers of every race do their best for 90 days.

My former corporate masters got 35 years of my best.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: