Author Topic: 'A new level of inhumanity': Democrats denounce White House idea to release migrants in sanctuary ci  (Read 8957 times)

Offline libertybele

It used to be that members of this forum didn't attack one another.  Attacking politicians, reporters, leftist, yes, each other no.  Very sad that this forum has become this way. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You're quite delusional.  Once again ... attacking others.  That seems to be a habit of yours.  The only one that needs help @Right_in_Virginia is you.  You don't seem to understand that you've been duped by Trump...the only craziness is your obsession with your supposed super hero and your refusal to hold him responsible for his FAILURE on the border!  You'll have to face that harsh reality sooner or later.

I stand by my opinion stated in the post, Miss @libertybele

Sleep tight.   happy77

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Like it or not...., with the rabid left on social media and the media's power to bury whatever they want, President Trump's 'In-your-face' style is the perfect antidote to break through the fog of deceit.

He isn't breaking through anything on this topic because all he is doing is lying, blustering, and making a fool of himself.  The media is happy to cover his Tweets as they are great exhibits of his utter ineptitude.

Start with the premise that he loves this country more than life itself...and leave it there.

Why would anyone that doesn't know him personally (for a long period of time) believe that?  It is foolish to believe the platitudes and sap emanating from any politician.  You believe it, because you WANT to believe it.

I sleep well at night with him in the White House.

Good for you!  However that does nothing to alleviate the problems that he has been making worse.

Offline EdJames

Okay .. you're easily offended by men who fight.  I applaud your candor.  If memory serves, this is where the President would say "no go home to mommy".   88devil

:silly:

You are a bigger fool that Trump is if you call that "fighting!" 

He does nothing but spew BS, platitudes, and bluffs, while he tosses out red meat for his true believers.

In two years he has not one solid accomplishment on this issue.  In fact, in the larger context his administration is making things worse by their sneaky pandering to the Chamber of Commerce and Business Roundtable.  Trump says one thing at the circus rallies while Kushner quietly directs an ever increasing flood of H1B and other visas into the job market.

If you call being a duplicitous jackal, "fighting," then I guess you have your "fighter!"

Offline EdJames

@DCPatriot

More than that,if he were to speak in the moderate PC tones of the career politicians,nobody reading the papers or listening to the tv news would have any idea he was doing anything other than supporting illegal aliens. It's his "in your face bluster" that insures what he says gets reported and gives people heart that changes will be made.

Yes, he certainly succeeds at giving people the impression that changes will be made.  He is EXCELLENT at that, since he has been nothing but a BS promoter and sales scheister his whole life.

Offline EdJames

#nevertrump derangement syndrome on display, and  rules the day--with the loudest voices

(2019-1954) =65 years with a great big booster shot in 1986.

And you expect Trump to reverse and correct that in 2 years against the democrats, the media, many Republicans.

I stated years ago that math and logic were clearly in short supply with contemporary "true conservatives."

It has nothing to do with math or logic.

What a great deal of people would like from him is some TRUTH!

Making things worse while constantly spewing his lies and false promises isn't doing a thing to "correct" the problem.

Offline EdJames

You're quite delusional.  Once again ... attacking others.  That seems to be a habit of yours.  The only one that needs help @Right_in_Virginia is you.  You don't seem to understand that you've been duped by Trump...the only craziness is your obsession with your supposed super hero and your refusal to hold him responsible for his FAILURE on the border!  You'll have to face that harsh reality sooner or later.

I see the same blindness and burning DESIRE to BELIEVE in the "Q" worshipers, it must be something that is contagious.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It used to be that members of this forum didn't attack one another.  Attacking politicians, reporters, leftist, yes, each other no.  Very sad that this forum has become this way.

I guess you weren't paying attention here  when Trump's  supporters were  called stupid, uneducated, racists, nazis, fascists, stormtroopers, goosesteppers, hitler admirerers, Russian sympathizers, to only mention some of the derision served up.

It has been the norm to attack RIV, for her steady support of the President.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We have a link at the bottom of each post.  When you get to feeling that way, please click it and enter a report.  We don't have a full-time staff of Moderators patrolling the threads, we are reliant upon reports from you to alert to issues that need to be addressed.  Usually, if we decide not to act on it, we'll IM you to tell you why.  Sometimes we just warn the person you reported, other times we edit or delete the post.  We haven't gotten many lately.  We are reliant on our Members to police themselves.

Thanks in advance!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I'm not @Chosen Daughter but I will tell you why he has me fit to be tied on this issue.

It is because of his BS blustery approach on it.  To be completely honest (and yes, you can call me a dope!) I figured that all of this crap that he does (the lying, the boasting, the Twitter crap, speaking in what is essentially broken English, to be kind) would all go away after he won the election.  But obviously it hasn't.

And before I go further, obviously if he is the 2020 candidate I will vote for him over any Dem they put up.

But I see him as a royal embarrassment.  My preference is always someone that talks seriously about serious issues.  Trump has been a circus sideshow on this issue since the start and it disgusts me every time he opens his mouth or thumbs on this subject.

Let us know the FACTS of the matter in a serious manner, befitting a President of the United States.  If all of the excuses that his rabid supporters constantly spew are true, then let him spell them out: in proper English, citing statutes, the Constitution, judicial decisions, and acts of Congress.  Spell out the facts of the matter without lying, blustering, and all of the continual attempts to pull the wool over the eyes of the poor souls that cheer his every word on the circus rally stage, or Twitter feed.

What is happening to this country (essentially being destroyed a little more each day) is no laughing, joking, bluffing matter to be used as red meat for his pathetic base, or as campaign fodder for 2020.  For example:
- hyping up this "Finish the Wall" BS at his rallies when he knows damn well there is essentially NO NEW WALL/FENCE in the ground.
- talking like a jackass about replacement fencing: "it is harder to climb my fence than Mt. Everest!"

He thinks this is funny?  He thinks this is truthful?  I detest the BS that comes out of his mouth.

That is why I have long lost any patience or good will toward him on this topic.

@EdJames

In the end, though, BSing and talking are all that he has to do.  His fans will defend him regardless, and he knows it.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@EdJames

In the end, though, BSing and talking are all that he has to do.  His fans will defend him regardless, and he knows it.

The reason he's largely limited to BS'ing and talking is that the Constitution makes immigration law the primary responsibility of Congress, and it has essentially abdicated that responsibility.  And even if the Supreme Court ultimately upholds his actions, it can take years for that to happen, during which time an injunction may remain in place.

The best hope we've got is for him to be able to draw enough public attention to this issue -- on which the poll numbers actually favor tougher border security.  Sober, rational, deep-thinking statements don't attract sound bites, aren't covered by much of the media, and so his ability to draw attention to those issues is limited.  But when he says over the top, ridiculous things, the media covers it because they assume everyone thinks as they do, and so it will hurt his popularity.  But that brings to mind the brilliant comment by Salena Zito -- the press takes him literally but not seriously, so they mock him.  But supporters (and that group is larger on some issues than on others) take him seriously, but not literally. He may say something that sounds stupid about the border, but an awful lot of people end of thinking "well, that's over the top, but he does have a point.  The border needs to be more secure."

It's sad that we've gotten to the point where making some asinine statements may turn out to be a sound strategy, but I blame that on an overwhelmingly one-sided media that generally only prints things it believes will hurt Trump.  The kicker is that their judgments as to whether a statement will help or hurt him isn't all that good.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

@libertybele

Politics is different now.  I used to lurk here for a dose of sense and reason when things were getting crazy at TOS.  But the Trump effect has wormed its way into just about every corner where right-leaning people hang out.  It was always going to happen.  The showman who bragged about the size of his dong is president.  His fans don’t care about results—they’re concerned with important things like rallies where they can chant “lock her up” even though the guy they came to see has admitted he ain’t gonna do no such thing.  It’s the show, the entertainment. 

So the political underbelly flips over and rises to the surface.   Paranoia, conspiracy theories, blind tribalism.  If you don’t go along with the hive mind, you’re one of Them.  It’s routine now to be called a leftist here.  I got a permanent ban—later changed to a day—for going off on someone because I got tired of it.  I’d do it again.

You see a lot more of the Freeper mindset here now.  But it was inevitable once Trump got in.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

The reason he's largely limited to BS'ing and talking is that the Constitution makes immigration law the primary responsibility of Congress, and it has essentially abdicated that responsibility.  And even if the Supreme Court ultimately upholds his actions, it can take years for that to happen, during which time an injunction may remain in place.

The best hope we've got is for him to be able to draw enough public attention to this issue -- on which the poll numbers actually favor tougher border security.  Sober, rational, deep-thinking statements don't attract sound bites, aren't covered by much of the media, and so his ability to draw attention to those issues is limited.  But when he says over the top, ridiculous things, the media covers it because they assume everyone thinks as they do, and so it will hurt his popularity.  But that brings to mind the brilliant comment by Salena Zito -- the press takes him literally but not seriously, so they mock him.  But supporters (and that group is larger on some issues than on others) take him seriously, but not literally. He may say something that sounds stupid about the border, but an awful lot of people end of thinking "well, that's over the top, but he does have a point.  The border needs to be more secure."

It's sad that we've gotten to the point where making some asinine statements may turn out to be a sound strategy, but I blame that on an overwhelmingly one-sided media that generally only prints things it believes will hurt Trump.  The kicker is that their judgments as to whether a statement will help or hurt him isn't all that good.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I know.  Trump never seems to own a share of the blame. 

I do agree with you about Salena Zito.  She follows me on Twitter for some unimaginable reason.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

He does nothing but spew BS, platitudes, and bluffs, while he tosses out red meat for his true believers.

In two years he has not one solid accomplishment on this issue.  In fact, in the larger context his administration is making things worse by their sneaky pandering to the Chamber of Commerce and Business Roundtable.  Trump says one thing at the circus rallies while Kushner quietly directs an ever increasing flood of H1B and other visas into the job market.

If you call being a duplicitous jackal, "fighting," then I guess you have your "fighter!"

But don't you understand, HE'S ON TWITTER!!!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I see the same blindness and burning DESIRE to BELIEVE in the "Q" worshipers, it must be something that is contagious.

Q anon is very cultish.  People always wonder how others could be caught up in a cult.  Call it contagious or whatever.  "Q" is wierd

Who is Q Anon

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:47:11 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@libertybele

Politics is different now.  I used to lurk here for a dose of sense and reason when things were getting crazy at TOS.  But the Trump effect has wormed its way into just about every corner where right-leaning people hang out.  It was always going to happen.  The showman who bragged about the size of his dong is president.  His fans don’t care about results—they’re concerned with important things like rallies where they can chant “lock her up” even though the guy they came to see has admitted he ain’t gonna do no such thing.  It’s the show, the entertainment. 

So the political underbelly flips over and rises to the surface.   Paranoia, conspiracy theories, blind tribalism.  If you don’t go along with the hive mind, you’re one of Them.  It’s routine now to be called a leftist here.  I got a permanent ban—later changed to a day—for going off on someone because I got tired of it.  I’d do it again.

You see a lot more of the Freeper mindset here now.  But it was inevitable once Trump got in.

Truth.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:46:00 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Maj. Bill Martin

I know.  Trump never seems to own a share of the blame. 

I do agree with you about Salena Zito.  She follows me on Twitter for some unimaginable reason.

He doesn't take any blame.  He signed the amnesty legislation.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Come on, man.

My county in Maryland...Montgomery, borders D.C..

As a career Realtor, I have watched and commented about the transformation of its population from Caucasian to Hispanic and African for 20 years.

Are you naive enough to believe that happened by accident?

I'm not naive enough to think man has much power to change demographics without war or attrocities.

https://apl.wisc.edu/data-briefs/natural-decrease-18
White Deaths Exceed Births in a Majority of U.S. States
Between 1999 and 2016, the number of white births fell by 10.8 percent to 2,094,000 and the number of white deaths rose by 9.2 percent to 2,133,000.

The white baby boomers are dying, and white families have chosen not to breed themselves into poverty.  They are having children later and later in life.  Fewer young families mean fewer children to grow into parents.  Soros didn't sprinkle blacks in Washington DC.  The vast majority were born there or they legally emigrated by boat or plane. 

I'm not sure this is a good response to your post because I don't understand why presumably American born blacks are referenced at all, when the topic is illegals.  The only dangerous illegal we are building a wall to keep out is to the south.  I don't think the problem in DC is stretching all the way down to Mexico.

If your point is that liberal social welfare attracted poor minorities to DC, I agree, but the color of America is changing everywhere else too.  Without leftist non-profit sprinkling.

The Democrats and the Leftist non-profits funded by same deliberately sprinkled them into States that were once 'RED'.  California, for example.

Now, let's do a turn-around Cloward-Piven on them....overload their State and County systems.  Turn every effing one of them into disease-ridden and filthy San Francisco and Seattle.

Let's see how long it takes them to 'tap out' and cry "Uncle".

If the liberal cities are already attracting the unwanted illegals, why pay for the ride there?  They're already on their way.  Also I've never gone to a big city and said "Wow!  It's so clean here."

I feel certain I am missing your point, but I'm interested in having you help me understand it better.  Thanx for the reply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A thought provoking post, @Once-Ler.  Thank you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

Says one of the biggest instigators.

Wouldn't your time be better spent working on your RINO Shrine and collector cards?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@EdJames

Unlike WHICH of your RINO Idols? Name ONE alleged Republican president since Reagan that has accomplished anything even remotely conservative?

Unless of course you are one of those who consider surrendering to the One World Order/World Wide Government,Inc to be conservative. In that case say nothing at all. I have already heard it all from the last several alleged Republican Presidents and their groupies,and don't need to hear it again.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And you are a bigger fool than you think your nemesis is if you think this is what I said @EdJames

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:14:48 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dancer

888high58888
Explain why Pelosi and Horizontal Harris is screaming mad about all the terrible people Trump is going to "dump" on them.  Then explain why all these loving, open-arms people are now declaring the illegals "trouble."  Heck of a pivot there.

Gotta love it.  Cher says they're already having a hard time caring for their own homeless.   
But..but Cher.  What of the benefits of diversity?  The cultural enrichment? The wealth illegals bring?   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
888high58888Gotta love it.  Cher says they're already having a hard time caring for their own homeless.   
But..but Cher.  What of the benefits of diversity?  The cultural enrichment? The wealth illegals bring?

@dancer

Somebody correct me if I am wrong,but doesn't Cher own at least two mansions in CA,and live alone? Why can't she and the other celebs that "care more than the rest of us" invite these illegals into their homes so they have a place to stay? After all,they have plenty of room and can easily afford to buy their groceries and pay their medical bills.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Maj. Bill Martin

I know.  Trump never seems to own a share of the blame

He is clearly a very flawed human being.  I just don't see the point in dwelling on that when there already are tens of millions of people who voted against and hate the guy, and who advocate for his removal from office before he's even completed his elected term of office.  Their efforts to prevent him from accomplishing anything are aided and abetted by a mainstream meadia that is generally -- with some exceptions -- complicit in that attempt to weaken him.  It's basically 24/7 "Trump is horrible, and for the good of the country we must remove him from office".

So in light of that, exactly what do his GOP critics hope to accomplish by piling on?