Author Topic: 'A new level of inhumanity': Democrats denounce White House idea to release migrants in sanctuary ci  (Read 8958 times)

Offline libertybele

Why is it inhumane? Why not place them in sanctuary cities?  They would at least know where they are. Supposedly they are coming from intolerable areas.  IF a sanctuary city is intolerable, then they need to find elsewhere to go.  San Fran would be perfect!

'A new level of inhumanity': Democrats denounce White House idea to release migrants in sanctuary cities

WASHINGTON – The revelation late Thursday that the White House tried multiple times to pressure immigration authorities into releasing migrants on the streets of sanctuary cities did not go over well with Democrats, who denounced the Trump administration as cruel.

The plan, reported by the Washington Post, was concocted to retaliate against Democrats and target sanctuary cities in liberal strongholds. It didn't come to fruition after pushback from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Post reported. ICE rejected the idea after at first thinking it was a joke, the Post reported.

Members of Congress and immigration advocates called the idea inhumane and called for those within President Donald Trump's administration to be held accountable.

"This reporting exposes yet a new level of inhumanity in this Administration," Rep. Marcy Kaptur, D-Ohio, wrote on Twitter. "Those who pursued this disgusting policy are beneath the dignity of the offices they hold and must be held to account." .....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-considered-releasing-detained-migrants-sanctuary-cities-015624202.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Although its fine leftist judges are blocking every attempt to control the border, its 'inhuman' to deposit these undocumented humans in your neighborhood? What an absolutely HORRIBLE way to refer to saintly illegal immigrants.

Schizophrenia in the extreme.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 05:25:57 pm by skeeter »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I'm confused - why would illegals want to go anywhere other than a sanctuary city?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline libertybele

Although its fine leftist judges are blocking every attempt to control the border, its 'inhuman' to deposit these undocumented humans in your neighborhood? What an absolutely HORRIBLE way to refer to saintly illegal immigrants.

I hope they do.  The DEMS would object of course, but on what grounds?  That sanctuary cities are unfit?  That sanctuary cities are discriminatory?  What is the objection?  DEMS approve of these cities, so why?   It is being reported that Nan is fuming over this; which means it's a great resolution to the problem! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

Quit tweeting about it, Mr. President, and just do it!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline libertybele

Exactly.  Tired of the tweets and no action.  I'd rather him not tweet and just DO IT! 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Mary and Joseph aren't welcome there????
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'A new level of inhumanity'

Sniff, sniff. Nope, that clever little soundbite doesn't cover the stench of your hypocrisy Dems.

The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

:amen:

I love the idea. Let the limousine liberals live with the consequences of their policies.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Yes, Yes, Yes!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm making an effort not to call them immigrants. They are not part of our legal immigration system. They are illegal invaders. The sanctuary cities should welcome them with open arms and spend all their money on them and not their citizens.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

I hope they do.  The DEMS would object of course, but on what grounds?  That sanctuary cities are unfit?  That sanctuary cities are discriminatory?  What is the objection?  DEMS approve of these cities, so why?   It is being reported that Nan is fuming over this; which means it's a great resolution to the problem!

I thought I read somewhere that Obama's policy was to bus illegals into red state areas. How is this worse?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Who gives a sh*t where Trump releases illegal immigrants in the USA?  Don't they have legs?  Didn't they just walk from Guatemala with their cantaloupe sized calves?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:07:17 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline berdie

I thought I read somewhere that Obama's policy was to bus illegals into red state areas. How is this worse?

Well, silly,  that was Bammy and the Dems.  Completely different...completely different.

Offline goatprairie

Have to agree with the Trumpster on this. They love illegals...er....excuse me "undocumented immigrants"?  Here you go. Have as many as you want. They'll fit in real well with the people taking dumps on the sidewalks of San Francisco and other rapidly decaying lib cities.

Offline libertybele

Have to agree with the Trumpster on this. They love illegals...er....excuse me "undocumented immigrants"?  Here you go. Have as many as you want. They'll fit in real well with the people taking dumps on the sidewalks of San Francisco and other rapidly decaying lib cities.

On second thought, though, I love the idea, because of the DEM hissy fit, keep in mind that these ILLEGALS will be protected while getting all the benefits. Our tax dollars will be supporting them.  DEPORT THEM ALL!!

@skeeter
"Trump 2020 - Not worse than Obama" does not sound like a winning slogan against busing illegals into sanctuary cities to me but I'm not a conservative/republican who thinks that is a good idea.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
"Trump 2020 - Not worse than Obama" does not sound like a winning slogan against busing illegals into sanctuary cities to me but I'm not a conservative/republican who thinks that is a good idea.

I would agree with you entirely. Which is why I said something else.

On second thought, though, I love the idea, because of the DEM hissy fit, keep in mind that these ILLEGALS will be protected while getting all the benefits. Our tax dollars will be supporting them.  DEPORT THEM ALL!!
What don't you understand about "Winning by Concession?"  If you want to solve illegal immigration, bus illegals to big cities with the ability to disperse the future democrat voters effectively.

Duh!

I would agree with you entirely. Which is why I said something else.
I quoted you @skeeter.  I know what you said.

Offline skeeter

I quoted you @skeeter.  I know what you said.

Deep in the recesses of your fevered mind I’m sure you do.

But the rest of us probably understand I was referring to the left’s response, not proposing a Trump campaign slogan.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:33:57 pm by skeeter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

OMG ... the President exposes the liberal's hypocrisy and so many on TBR go nuts.   888mouth

OMG ... the President exposes the liberal's hypocrisy and so many on TBR go nuts.   888mouth
:shrug: whatever

Offline mountaineer

This is classic NIMBY. We are a sanctuary city, we love all people, no matter how illegal their entrance in the U.S. ... wait, what? No, that doesn't mean we actually want them to live here!  No!! Go away!!!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's good to see the Dims admit the inhumanity of forcing innocent foreigners to live in one leftist hellhole,after having first escaped from another one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!