Author Topic: It's time for the Supreme Court to end regulators' abuse of Clean Water Act rule  (Read 440 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Hill By Tony Francois 4/11/2019

For years, federal regulators harassed U.S. Navy veteran Joe Robertson, charging him with violating the Clean Water Act for digging ponds on private property and subjecting him to ongoing legal proceedings. They even put him in prison for a year and a half.

Robertson, 80, died from a stroke on March 18, which you might think would end the government’s vendetta against him. Guess again. The feds are lining up to target his widow — unless the Supreme Court steps in to correct the government’s injustice against the Robertsons.

This week, the court will decide whether to review Robertson’s 2016 conviction. As a matter of justice, the court should allow his widow, Carrie, to take his place in the appeal. 

The Robertsons’ ordeal began when he dug water supply ponds for fire prevention in a clearing in the woods near his home in Montana. 

For this act of service to his family and community, Robertson faced federal prosecution. The government claimed Robertson’s pond construction violated the Clean Water Act, which regulates navigable waterways.

More: https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/438355-its-time-for-the-supreme-court-to-end-regulators-abuse-of-clean

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's time for the Supreme Court to end regulators' abuse of Clean Water Act rule

Oh HELL yes!  WAY past time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Oh HELL yes!  WAY past time!

I'm surprised they didn't go after me. I have a lot on the banks of the Trinity river and I would drive down the bank with my jeep pulling a trailer I made out of the bed of a old Datsun PU. I'd load it up with sand from the sand bar to fill in the cuts in the bank on my property after a flood. I was just taking "My Sand" back to where it rightly belonged.

What really gets to me is that I have to pay "Navigation Taxes" because some fools devised a plan to make the Trinity River Navigable all the way to Dallas.