Author Topic: Trump says he considered nominating Ivanka to lead World Bank  (Read 759 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he considered nominating Ivanka to lead World Bank
By Morgan Gstalter - 04/12/19 07:30 AM EDT

President Trump said he considered nominating his daughter Ivanka Trump as president for the World Bank because “she’s very good with numbers,” according to a new interview with released by The Atlantic on Friday.

Trump agreed to sit down with the outlet to discuss his daughter’s role in the White House as a senior adviser and opened up about other considerations for her career.

â€œI even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank ... She would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers,” Trump said.

“She’s got a great calmness ... I’ve seen her under tremendous stress and pressure,” the president continued. “She reacts very well — that’s usually a genetic thing, but it’s one of those things, nevertheless.”

Trump ended up nominating longtime Treasury and State official David Malpass to lead the institution.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/438574-trump-says-he-considered-nominating-ivanka-to-lead-world-bank
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Trump says he considered nominating Ivanka to lead World Bank
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »
Trump says he considered nominating Ivanka to lead World Bank
By Morgan Gstalter - 04/12/19 07:30 AM EDT

President Trump said he considered nominating his daughter Ivanka Trump as president for the World Bank because “she’s very good with numbers,” according to a new interview with released by The Atlantic on Friday.

Trump agreed to sit down with the outlet to discuss his daughter’s role in the White House as a senior adviser and opened up about other considerations for her career.

â€œI even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank ... She would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers,” Trump said.

“She’s got a great calmness ... I’ve seen her under tremendous stress and pressure,” the president continued. “She reacts very well — that’s usually a genetic thing, but it’s one of those things, nevertheless.”

Trump ended up nominating longtime Treasury and State official David Malpass to lead the institution.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/438574-trump-says-he-considered-nominating-ivanka-to-lead-world-bank

@mystery-ak

This is a spoof,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:12:21 pm »

Yeah, that ‘calmness’ is actually a vacuous stare from not understanding what the hell is going on.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:28:04 pm »
 :facepalm2:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 02:28:40 pm »
Isn't it funny that people thought Trump was a Nationalist? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 02:40:14 pm »
He said this to The Atlantic?  I think he was yanking their chain.  He knows how much they hate Ivanka.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 02:47:00 pm »
He said this to The Atlantic?  I think he was yanking their chain.  He knows how much they hate Ivanka.

That's what I think.  He was getting a laugh out of it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 03:33:41 pm »
That's what I think.  He was getting a laugh out of it.

Not so sure. Several other news sources are reporting the story.  Important word here is 'considered'.  Hopefully it won't become a reality as it would be a huge conflict of interest, but wouldn't surprise me.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/trump-explains-why-he-wanted-ivanka-to-lead-world-bank/

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/12/ivanka-trump-world-bank-1272068
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 03:51:33 pm »
Not so sure. Several other news sources are reporting the story.  Important word here is 'considered'.  Hopefully it won't become a reality as it would be a huge conflict of interest, but wouldn't surprise me.

The other stories are citing The Atlantic, so it’s only being repeated, not really independently sourced and reported.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 06:15:45 pm »
Isn't it funny that people thought Trump was a Nationalist?
-----------------------------
You mean a Narcissist, doncha???
Anyway Friday is Stupid Day at the WH!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 07:07:13 pm by Absalom »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 10:42:55 pm »
Why not?  She's beautiful.

You don't even know when you're being trolled.  LOL!  Yeah, you're quite the genius.   :silly:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 11:26:23 pm »
You don't even know when you're being trolled.  LOL!  Yeah, you're quite the genius.   :silly:
You're arguing with someone you think is a fool, Einstein.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.