Author Topic: "Beautiful Afternoon in the Oval Office" — President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet  (Read 777 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"Beautiful Afternoon in the Oval Office" — President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
Daily Caller, Apr 11, 2019. Scott Morefield | Reporter
 ïƒˆ
President Donald Trump hosted four World War II veterans at the White House on Thursday, keeping a promise made to 95-year-old Allen Jones last June.

“Beautiful afternoon in the Oval Office today with a few great American HEROES!” Trump tweeted Thursday afternoon, along with a video showing his June conversation with Jones.

I'm going to be 95 years of age on April 11 of next year,” the retired sergeant told the president while appearing with him at a Kansas City VFW event in June. “Hopefully, you will allow me to bring my family into the Oval Office to meet you.”

The president responded with an enthusiastic “Yes!”

Fast forward to Thursday, April 11, and Jones joined centenarians Floyd Wigfield, Sidney Walton and Paul Kriner inside the Oval Office for a visit with Trump. Wigfield even reportedly won a promise from Trump for a ride aboard Air Force One back to the United States after June’s annual D-Day ceremony.

“We’ll work that out,” the president told Wigfield. “You’ll like Air Force One.”

More:  https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/11/trump-veterans-white-house-visit/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That's nice.  Great photo op.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Great photo op, but also a nice gesture.  He did recognize vets during the SOTU which was a nice touch.  Now ... if he would just get his sh** together on the border, we'd be all set!  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

Great photo op, but also a nice gesture. He did recognize vets during the SOTU which was a nice touch. Now ... if he would just get his sh** together on the border, we'd be all set!  :patriot:

Trump has been as good as any President I can remember in honoring our vets.

Beautiful moment!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

That one guy has to be the world's oldest PFC.

Not to mention the only PFC with more medals than Patton.

You see somebody with 4+ rows of ribbons,he is at least a Staff Sgt. I am guessing if anyone checked they would discover he wasn't awarded most of them. He is wearing a CIB,and I know for a fact that any PFC in an infantry squad that earned any valor awards instantly became a Corporal or a Sargent E-5. The one thing infantry units are ALWAYS looking for is people who can keep their cool  and think under fire.

And according to his arm stripe,he earned them all in one 6 month period.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:15:24 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Trump has been as good as any President I can remember in honoring our vets.

Beautiful moment!

He does seem to appreciate our vets.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:hands: I hope President Trump will do more of this.

Offline libertybele

:hands: I hope President Trump will do more of this.

??? Keep his promise or pose for photo ops?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

??? Keep his promise or pose for photo ops?
I'm fine with photo ops that send a positive message.  It's nice to see the President behaving in a way that brings Americans together.