Poll

What are the most worthless inventions in use today?

Pockets on baby clothes
13 (40.6%)
Azz gaskets (toilet seat covers)
1 (3.1%)
The highest setting on a Toaster
5 (15.6%)
Share button on p0rn videos
10 (31.3%)
Free dog poop bags at your neighborhood park
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: April 18, 2019, 12:19:41 am

Author Topic: What are the most worthless products in use today?  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What are the most worthless products in use today?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 02:02:44 am »
   I mentioned the dog poop bags because in my little Texas town they are in every park and beer joint (that allow dogs) and absolutely no one seems to know what they are there for, it seems.
Well, in areas where they banned plastic grocery bags, they might be handy. They should put them in San Francisco and elsewhere they have a poo problem and make the homeless bag it when they drop it...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 01:04:40 pm »
My parents had a central vac in their house, I've always considered those extremely useless.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 01:34:06 pm »
If you have ever approached an apartment complex in town in the dark, especially if you have vibram soles, you will be glad these things exist...

That ain't gonna happen, so...  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2019, 02:58:55 pm »
My parents had a central vac in their house, I've always considered those extremely useless.

We have one in the Castle we just bought and I concur.  Even more useless since we tore out all the carpeting on the first floor and replaced it with wood.  Dragging the under-powered hose from location to location is a bigger PIA than just using a regular vacuum cleaner, now that they've gotten so much lighter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2019, 03:02:16 pm »

It depends on who you ask.  I have a kid with asthma and his doctor told us the best thing we could do for him when we were building our house was to have wood floors and use a central vac.  Having said that, I admit they can be a pain to drag out and drag around and then drag back into the storage closet.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 03:31:17 pm »
Maybe wall to wall carpeting is the most useless product then?

We tore ours out in the babies room and found hardwood under it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 03:41:13 pm »
It depends on who you ask.  I have a kid with asthma and his doctor told us the best thing we could do for him when we were building our house was to have wood floors and use a central vac.  Having said that, I admit they can be a pain to drag out and drag around and then drag back into the storage closet.

He's correct about that.  At our Castle the vacuum unit is in the garage, and it vents into the garage instead of the house.  The newest vac Mrs. Liberty got has HEPA filters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 05:21:48 pm »
We have one in the Castle we just bought and I concur.  Even more useless since we tore out all the carpeting on the first floor and replaced it with wood.  Dragging the under-powered hose from location to location is a bigger PIA than just using a regular vacuum cleaner, now that they've gotten so much lighter.

The one I saw had little doors in each room along the floor.  You'd sweep stuff to the door, then lift it and the vacuum would come on and suck up all the dog hair.  I want one.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 05:30:39 pm »
The one I saw had little doors in each room along the floor.  You'd sweep stuff to the door, then lift it and the vacuum would come on and suck up all the dog hair.  I want one.

That would work on a smooth floor.  888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2019, 05:50:22 pm »
Trigger locks.

Gun stores here are required to include a trigger lock with every gun you purchase.

That's what my safe is for.

Oh! The qualifier was "in use". Nevermind. I don't know anyone that actually uses one.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 12:51:45 am »
Alexa

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 07:03:49 am »
Trigger locks.

Gun stores here are required to include a trigger lock with every gun you purchase.

That's what my safe is for.

Oh! The qualifier was "in use". Nevermind. I don't know anyone that actually uses one.
Maybe we could run a string through 'em with a couple of beads and sell 'em to college kids as talismans against euphemisms an' such....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis