Author Topic: Lawmaker Claims Abbott Will Not Sign Property Tax Reform Bill Unless Schools are Added  (Read 566 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard By Destin Sensky|April 11, 2019

Abbott has not responded to requests for comment on his position.

According to sources inside the Texas Capitol, Gov. Greg Abbott is telling lawmakers he will refuse to sign property tax reform legislation that does not include the largest item on a taxpayer’s bill—school taxes. Now one lawmaker is coming forward and claiming the rumors are true.

Abbott shared his position with a number of lawmakers while traveling to and from an event with President Donald Trump earlier this week. State Rep. Briscoe Cain of Deer Park is one lawmaker who has stepped forward ahead of the Texas House’s consideration of House Bill 2 to share his understanding of Abbott’s position.

Based on conversations with Gov. Abbott and other lawmakers, Cain said, “I am not under the impression he will sign any property tax reform legislation that does not include schools.”

Other lawmakers say Abbott told them as well, but have declined to go on the record with Texas Scorecard.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/lawmaker-claims-abbott-will-not-sign-property-tax-reform-bill-unless-schools-are-added/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Any property tax reform that does not include schools is totally meaningless so I don't blame the Governor Abbott one bit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

"Robin Hood" is alive and well in the State of Texas. This bill only nibbles around the edges, while raising sales taxes 16%, the growth of tax between 6.25 and 7.25%. Don't buy that crap that it's being raised "just a penny."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:05:37 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.