Author Topic: Comey: 'I have no idea' what Barr meant with 'spying' comment  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Comey: 'I have no idea' what Barr meant with 'spying' comment
By Michael Burke - 04/11/19 12:50 PM EDT

Former FBI Director James Comey responded Thursday to Attorney General William Barr saying there was "spying" on the Trump campaign, reportedly saying he has "no idea" what Barr means.

"I have no idea what he's talking about so it's hard for me to comment," Comey said at a Hewlett Foundation conference.

Comey added that he thinks Barr's career reputation should earn him the "presumption" that he "will stand up for truth."

"I think his career has earned him a presumption that he will be one of the rare Trump cabinet members who will stand up for truth," Comey reportedly said, adding that "language like this makes it harder."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/438454-comey-responds-to-barrs-comments-on-trump-campaign-spying-in-2016
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Comey: 'I have no idea' what Barr meant with 'spying' comment
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 05:29:08 pm »
Funny, it's something we all have suspected. Didn't they ask to wiretap Trump Towers? When you indict people on the campaign staff, you are pretty much admitting you were spying on them during the campaign.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Comey: 'I have no idea' what Barr meant with 'spying' comment
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 05:55:48 pm »
I hope he's quaking in his boots.