Author Topic: Sen. Gillibrand: Forgive My Youthful Indiscretion On, Er, Enforcing Immigration Laws  (Read 301 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/10/gillibrand-forgive-youthful-indiscretion-er-enforcing-immigration-laws/

by Ed Morrissey

Alternate headline: Don’t blame me for my immigration positions — blame my constituents! At a CNN town hall last night, a questioner ripped Kirsten Gillibrand for her past “hardline” positions on immigration, which included support for a constitutional amendment for making English the official language of the US. Not to be outdone, CNN moderator Erin Burnett followed up with more examples of positions Gillibrand abandoned since being elected to the Senate.

Gillibrand had the same answer both times, which basically boils down to changing her position to suit the constituency she wants to win at the moment:

Democratic presidential hopeful Kirsten Gillibrand on Tuesday confronted some of her previous stances on immigration, saying they “didn’t care” about the needs of diverse Americans.

“When I was a member of Congress from upstate New York, I was really focused on the priorities of my district,” the New York senator said during a CNN town hall. “When I became senator of the entire state, I recognized that some of my views really did need to change.”

In other words, had Gillibrand stayed in her House seat, she would have never changed those positions? Or is it that she felt the need to adopt an uncaring position because her old House district was so parochial? And it’s not like we’re talking about a narrow or incremental change either. Both the questioner and Burnett tick off a number of significant changes for Gillibrand, which she chalks up to her enlightenment after realizing that, er, she had to win a lot of votes in New York City to win a Senate seat.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Online LMAO

So she’s admitting she has no core beliefs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

So she’s admitting she has no core beliefs

Do any of the DEMS?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.