Author Topic: 'You do not have our permission to go to war in Iran,' Sen. Rand Paul warns Pompeo at hearing  (Read 301 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'You do not have our permission to go to war in Iran,' Sen. Rand Paul warns Pompeo at hearing
Deirdre Shesgreen, USA TODAY

Published 3:23 p.m. ET April 10, 2019 | Updated 8:22 p.m. ET April 10, 2019

Top lawmakers are blasting the Trump administration's proposal to slash funding for the State Department and the US Agency for International Development. Secretary Mike Pompeo testified about the plan to cut his agency's budget by 23 percent. (March 27) AP

WASHINGTON – Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was on Capitol Hill Wednesday to defend the Trump administration’s budget request for fiscal year 2020. But lawmakers grilled him on a host of other hot spots around the world – from Iran to North Korea to Central America.

Here are four takeaways from Pompeo's nearly three hours before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee:

War with Iran?

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/04/10/no-war-iran-rand-paul-warns-pompeo-during-tense-senate-grilling-central-america-north-korea/3418794002/

Posting this because I heard this discussed elsewhere. I think Paul and others thinking like this are wrong but designating the Iranian Revolutionary Guard as 'terrorists' per the view of some,  set off some alarm bells with some that this may be a prelude to war.

I don't agree with that.   I hope not, they have more info than we do. I may be the wrong one.

The terrorist angle is touched upon a few paragraphs down.

antiwar.com and Tulsi Gabbard seem to work on some of these angles as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:06:49 pm by TomSea »