Author Topic: Is a vote for a third-party candidate a “wasted” vote?  (Read 301 times)

Offline corbe

Is a vote for a third-party candidate a “wasted” vote?

by David Leach • April 11, 2019

A few weeks ago, I wrote an article expressing my support for the rumored presidential candidacy of Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) in 2020 on the Libertarian ticket.

I’ve always been a fan of Amash’s solid defense of the Constitution, and I’ve referenced him many times in articles on Constitutional matters. And he has boldly called out Trump, the GOP, and faux conservatives to hold them accountable for violating the trust of the American people and for failing to protect and defend the Constitution.

Now, I know this may come as a shock, but would you believe I’ve been receiving a lot of pushback from Trumplicans and Trumpservatives for supporting Amash?

Even as his cult repeated the claim that Trump is a lock for re-election and doesn’t need my vote, they attempted to educate me about how voting for Amash or any other candidate not affiliated with the two-party establishment would be a wasted vote. Or, as they often said in 2016, not voting for Trump means I’m voting for the Democrat … as if there’s a difference.

<..snip..>

https://www.stridentconservative.com/is-a-vote-for-a-third-party-candidate-a-wasted-vote/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

Re: Is a vote for a third-party candidate a “wasted” vote?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 03:52:38 pm »
The author is a Libertarian, no one with a brain takes them seriously.