Author Topic: Boston Globe opinion writer wished he peed on Bill Kristol's dinner, says Nielsen must be blackballe  (Read 318 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The Boston Globe posted an Op-Ed by a one-time waiter expressing regret he didn't urinate on the dinner of a conservative pundit and hoping outgoing Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen be kept unemployed and face confrontation in public over what he deemed "ethnic cleansing."

“Keep Kirstjen Nielsen unemployed and eating Grubhub over her kitchen sink,” read the headline of the article published on Wednesday, written by Luke O’Neil, an occasional writer for the Guardian, with bylines as well in The New York Times, New York magazine, and elsewhere.

“One of the biggest regrets of my life is not pissing in Bill Kristol’s salmon,” read the article’s first sentence before it was shortly scrubbed, with the Globe issuing a prominent editor's note saying that while the previous tone wasn’t appropriate, they now embrace the content of the article. “A version of this column as originally published did not meet Globe standards and has been changed. The Globe regrets the previous tone of the piece,” the note read.

The piece goes on to accuse Nielsen of being a “reluctant triggerman for Donald Trump’s inhumane policies of ethnic cleansing” and call for throwing out current and former administration officials from restaurants over the administration's zero-tolerance enforcement of anti-illegal immigration policies that existed prior to Trump's election.

O’Neil wrote that “it was the last time I remember being proud to be an American” after a string of instances last year in which Nielsen, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and others were forced to leave restaurants due to rowdy protesters.

“It was also one of the only times it seemed like any of the architects of this ruinous xenophobic pre-pogrom might be forced to contend, however briefly, with the consequences of their policy decisions,” he added.

The article then criticized media figures for “scolding” the protesters who ushered the officials from public places, stating that he supports America becoming a country where Republicans aren’t allowed to eat at certain restaurants.

“Sadly, the scolding seems to have done its job,” O’Neil bemoaned. “It’s been a while since we’ve been treated to a soulless Trumpist going viral for going hungry, and the sacristy of the restaurant seems to have held.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/boston-globe-calls-kick-nielsen-restaurants-permission-confront-trump-officials-public
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I guess the next step for Democrats is to demand separate water fountains for Republicans and barring them from sitting at the lunch counter at Woolworth's.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I guess the next step for Democrats is to demand separate water fountains for Republicans and barring them from sitting at the lunch counter at Woolworth's.

As outrageous as that reads...we were 'this close' to being smack dab in the middle.

I'm hoping that the radicals in the Dem Party have shown the voters at large enough to shun them in 2020.  So...I won't say, "are this close"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald