Author Topic: DAO Self-Defense Guns: Are They Still Relevant?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
DAO Self-Defense Guns: Are They Still Relevant?
« on: April 11, 2019, 11:44:28 am »
NRA Explore  by George Harris - Monday, April 8, 2019

The Problem:

While the current vogue leans to striker-fired pistols, I’m still carrying a double-action-only (DAO) semi-automatic pistol as my primary carry piece and a J-frame hammerless revolver as a backup, which is also DAO. My contemporaries call me old school and suggest that I get with the times. They are constantly telling me my carry guns are passé, and suggest I buy something more in line with the current trends like their striker-fired plastic fantastics. My response is it ain’t broke, and it doesn’t need fixing. Can you add to that or should I give serious consideration to changing my current armament?

The Solution:

I guess I’m old school as well, because I couldn’t agree with you more. I carry a SIG Sauer P250 as my primary and a Kahr Arms PM9 as my secondary most of the time when I’m out and about. I sometimes supplant those with a Ruger Security-Six and a Ruger LCR when I am out on my property. All are DAO and are close enough in shooting, with similar  trigger pull weights and lengths, to make my practice sessions simple but effective from one gun to the other.

More: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2019/4/8/dao-self-defense-guns-are-they-still-relevant/