Author Topic: Texas gun company that destroyed 73,000 bump stocks after ban sues U.S. government  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Washington Times 4/9/2019

A Texas gun company that destroyed more than 73,000 bump stocks when a federal ban on the rapid-fire devices took effect has sued the U.S. government claiming millions of dollars in losses.

RW Arms of Fort Worth on Monday announced the lawsuit and said the government took its property “without just compensation.” Co-founder Mark Maxwell said Tuesday that RW Arms’ losses totaled more than $20 million. Last month’s lawsuit seeks fair market value compensation.

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/9/rw-arms-fort-worth-texas-sues-us-government-after-/

Offline verga

I think they had other options. Two come to mind 1) Fight this in court.
2) Sell them over seas.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I think they had other options. Two come to mind 1) Fight this in court.
2) Sell them over seas.

With both of those options, all the bump stocks had to be out of their possession by 3/26, or face a felony count for each item.

Offline Hoodat

RW Arms of Fort Worth on Monday announced the lawsuit and said the government took its property “without just compensation.” Co-founder Mark Maxwell said Tuesday that RW Arms’ losses totaled more than $20 million. Last month’s lawsuit seeks fair market value compensation.

That's exactly what the Constitution says.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I hope they win, even if it's taxpayer money that compensates them.

Wish all politicians who passed asinine laws like this were the ones held financially liable.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 03:38:06 am by SZonian »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Washington Times 4/9/2019

A Texas gun company that destroyed more than 73,000 bump stocks when a federal ban on the rapid-fire devices took effect has sued the U.S. government claiming millions of dollars in losses.

More: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/apr/9/rw-arms-fort-worth-texas-sues-us-government-after-/

I was questioning why they hadden't done this two weeks ago.  Glad to see it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I hope they win, even if it's taxpayer money that compensates them.

Wish all politicians who passed asinine laws like this were the ones held financially liable.
If they got a swift kick in the hindparts for everything they did that was stupid, there wouldn't be much left on Capitol Hill besides expensive clothes and crap piles.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis