Author Topic: Omar thanks supporters, slams critics: No one can threaten 'my unwavering love for America'  (Read 505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omar thanks supporters, slams critics: No one can threaten 'my unwavering love for America'
By John Bowden - 04/13/19 03:56 PM EDT

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) thanked supporters on Saturday as the hashtag "#IstandwithIlhan" entered its second day on the list of top trending terms on Twitter in the United States.

In a series of tweets Saturday afternoon, Omar vowed that her love for the U.S. was unquestionable amid attacks from conservatives and allies of the president aimed at her loyalty to the country, as well as criticism of comments about 9/11 that some viewed as dismissive.

"I did not run for Congress to be silent. I did not run for Congress to sit on the sidelines. I ran because I believed it was time to restore moral clarity and courage to Congress. To fight and to defend our democracy," Omar wrote.

"No one person – no matter how corrupt, inept, or vicious – can threaten my unwavering love for America. I stand undeterred to continue fighting for equal opportunity in our pursuit of happiness for all Americans," she continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/438776-omar-thanks-supporters-slams-critics-no-one-can-threaten-my-unwavering-love
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

And by "America," I mean Somalia.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Taqiyya. She hates the USA and should be deported back to her $h!thole.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

Taqiyya. She hates the USA and should be deported back to her $h!thole.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Put all her supporters on the no-fly list and terror watchlist.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum