Author Topic: Trump says he will have to call up more military at U.S.-Mexico border  (Read 1825 times)

Online libertybele

Strictly from an objective point of view...you're right. His mouth is his worst enemy. That along with promising things before he bothers to check to see if they are "doable". "I'm closing the border" comes to mind.

Closing the border is doable.  He just hasn't done it.  Building a wall is doable.  He just hasn't done it.  NOT granting amnesty is doable, but that is one of the things that he has done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Closing the border is doable.  He just hasn't done it.  Building a wall is doable.  He just hasn't done it.  NOT granting amnesty is doable, but that is one of the things that he has done.

Agree on all points.  He could be a lot more in-your-face with rogue Judges, but for some reason he's hesitant to do it.  Any reason.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I always suspected he thought he could get away with the things Obastard got away with. :shrug:
That isn't how it works. Democrats get away with things their base supports, by and large, and the Republicans in COngress go along with them in the 'spirit of bipartisanship'. On the rare occasions when Republicans can pull off things that would have had GOP voters parading in the streets with pitchforks and torches if a Democrat had tried to pull that crap, the Republicans advance the 'ball' toward totalitarianism a little farther. Then we get a Democrat, and they do the same.

It has been "hayfoot, strawfoot" down that same road since LBJ, one side or the other shredding its little part of the Constitution on the way. There is bloody little 'back and forth'. The only retrograde movement is seen when the Republicans manage to temporarily mute some of the Democrat overreach (like the penalty of the ACA), but even that is temporary.

People get what they vote for, and that isn't turning out so well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump says he will have to call up more military at U.S.-Mexico border
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 11:18:50 pm »
Fantastic!  We can release asylum seekerers into the US even faster now.

Online libertybele

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 11:31:57 pm »

That about sums it up. Just maybe he'll actually make good on one of his threats and put them into sanctuary cities; just what San Fran needs!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 11:39:01 pm »
That about sums it up. Just maybe he'll actually make good on one of his threats and put them into sanctuary cities; just what San Fran needs!

That's what I think too.  It's a shame he probably won't have the nerve.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »

Good idea!  Since he's shopping sanctuary cities, I suggest this one:

https://badgerherald.com/opinion/2018/04/10/badger-herald-editorial-board-madisons-identity-as-sanctuary-city-should-never-be-threatened/
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 11:48:40 pm »
Good idea!  Since he's shopping sanctuary cities, I suggest this one:

https://badgerherald.com/opinion/2018/04/10/badger-herald-editorial-board-madisons-identity-as-sanctuary-city-should-never-be-threatened/

We have many illegals in Madison, but we could use more.  Unemployment in Madison is 2.1%.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 12:08:29 am »
We have many illegals in Madison, but we could use more.  Unemployment in Madison is 2.1%.

Prove that.  Write the president at whitehouse.gov.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2019, 12:31:59 am »

Do you live in a sanctuary city?  Trump is ready to bus as many as he can to you if you are.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 12:41:50 am »

And, they're probably looking for skilled, articulate (in English even) workers.  Unfortunately that's not what we're getting .

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 12:50:02 am »
And, they're probably looking for skilled, articulate (in English even) workers.  Unfortunately that's not what we're getting .

Shhh!  Madison is short MS13 bangers, so don't discourage him......
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2019, 05:09:20 am »

Do you live in a sanctuary city?  Trump is ready to bus as many as he can to you if you are.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/politics/madison-mayor-wont-alter-sanctuary-city-stance2/294670565

MADISON, Wis. - Madison's mayor says his city will remain a sanctuary for immigrants in the United States illegally even though it could cost federal aid.

President Donald Trump signed an order Wednesday withholding Justice Department and Homeland Security funds from jurisdictions that bar local officials from communicating with federal authorities about someone's immigration status.

Madison police Chief Mike Koval said his officers never inquire about immigration status. Dane County Sheriff's deputies ask about status when people are booked into jail and notify federal officials.

Mayor Paul Soglin said the city will continue to comply with federal detainer requests. But he maintains nothing states the city must detain immigrants as a condition for receiving funds and city police won't enforce federal immigration laws.