Author Topic: Trump says he will have to call up more military at U.S.-Mexico border  (Read 1823 times)

Offline libertybele

Ok ... here we go yet again!  For crying out loud, shut down the darn border.  Line the border with military and plenty of fire power.  Enough is enough.  It's been enough for months!

Trump says he will have to call up more military at U.S.-Mexico border

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would have to mobilize more of the military at the U.S. border with Mexico after listening to stories about migrants crossing the border from people attending a Republican fundraiser.

"I'm going to have to call up more military," Trump said.

The president said some of the people crossing the border were ending up dead from the journey on Americans' ranches. He interrupted his discussion with Republican donors to bring in reporters to listen to the stories about the border.

"Many, many dead people," Trump said, referring to migrants who he said had died after making the journey. "Also they come in and raid their houses, and it's very dangerous," Trump said, referring to locals affected by the influx of migrants.

There are currently about 5,000 active-duty and National Guard troops near the border, though that number fluctuates.

"We support our federal partners," Pentagon spokesman Army Lieutenant Colonel Jamie Davis said when asked about Trump's comments.

Trump in February had deployed an additional 3,750 U.S. troops to the country's southwestern border to support Customs and Border Protection agents............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-call-more-military-u-mexico-border-185148531.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:05:36 am by Mod5 »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Yeah.  Whatever.  The constant phony drama might entertain Trump's fans, but I don't buy  anything this gasbag says at this point.  He wants to be re-elected, so he will do or say anything to keep his fans and try to win additional voters. 

Offline libertybele

Yeah.  Whatever.  The constant phony drama might entertain Trump's fans, but I don't buy  anything this gasbag says at this point.  He wants to be re-elected, so he will do or say anything to keep his fans and try to win additional voters.

:beer: You would think by now that his supporters would realize that he's been nothing but hot air all along.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

:beer: You would think by now that his supporters would realize that he's been nothing but hot air all along.

They might realize it, but good luck getting many of his fans to admit they have been fooled.

Offline LottieDah

As Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.  Fans of President Trump are easily fooled and blinded by their unwavering devotion to him.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I never had a severe overestimation of what one non-politician is capable of in a government owned by people that oppose his ideology in favor of globalism.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:19:10 am by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A "threat?"  Like the last couple of times he actually sent military to the border?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

At this rate he'll be threatening to Nuke them by Sept 2020.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A "threat?"  Like the last couple of times he actually sent military to the border?

What did the military do last time they were there?  Wasn't it mostly humanitarian and concertina wire?  The wire stopped no one.  They stole it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What did the military do last time they were there?  Wasn't it mostly humanitarian and concertina wire?  The wire stopped no one.  They stole it.

First I'd heard that about the wire.  But, they did more than what you described.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

He'll have to get them off his Golf Courses and out of his Hotels first.

Defense Dept paid Trump properties $300,000 since start of presidency: report

By John Bowden - 04/10/19 07:54 PM EDT

Defense personnel have charged more than $300,000 to department credit cards at various properties owned by the president since he took office in 2017.

Internal agency documents reviewed by CNN found that agency employees have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel expenses, parking fees, and restaurant visits at various Trump Organization properties, which President Trump continues to own in a trust established prior to his presidency.

Critics have questioned for months whether Trump's ownership of businesses that profit from business with government personnel and others while he remains in office constitutes a conflict of interest.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/438351-defense-dept-paid-trump-properties-300000-since-start-of-trump-presidency
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

First I'd heard that about the wire.  But, they did more than what you described.

Please enlighten me; last I heard our military was at the border helping to process asylum paperwork and babysitting the illegal's kids.

Online corbe

Mexicans arrested in Tijuana for stealing razor wire from the top of border fence

by Anna Giaritelli

March 20, 2019 11:44 AM

Concertina wire installed on the top of fencing at the border between San Diego, Calif., and Tijuana is being stolen by people in Mexico and used to boost security around their own residences.

More than a dozen people have been arrested since last week in connection with stealing the military-grade razor wire that troops have been adhering onto the border fence, Tijuana's border liaison unit director, Reynaldo Gonzalez Mora, told the San Diego Union Tribune.

“The people arrested were mainly Mexican [citizens], and most were people who have been deported from the United States, and people who have problems with drug addiction and live mostly on the street,” Gonzalez said.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexicans-arrested-in-tijuana-for-stealing-razor-wire-from-the-top-of-border-fence

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mexicans arrested in Tijuana for stealing razor wire from the top of border fence

by Anna Giaritelli

March 20, 2019 11:44 AM

Concertina wire installed on the top of fencing at the border between San Diego, Calif., and Tijuana is being stolen by people in Mexico and used to boost security around their own residences.

More than a dozen people have been arrested since last week in connection with stealing the military-grade razor wire that troops have been adhering onto the border fence, Tijuana's border liaison unit director, Reynaldo Gonzalez Mora, told the San Diego Union Tribune.

“The people arrested were mainly Mexican [citizens], and most were people who have been deported from the United States, and people who have problems with drug addiction and live mostly on the street,” Gonzalez said.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/mexicans-arrested-in-tijuana-for-stealing-razor-wire-from-the-top-of-border-fence

@corbe,  Thanks! 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@corbe

The Secret Service has to be at Trump Tower - they had an office or floor there and Trump charged them so much money, they moved out of the building to a near by location.

Offline Applewood

I never had a severe overestimation of what one non-politician is capable of in a government owned by people that oppose his ideology in favor of globalism.

Oh ok.  He makes promises and threats which are never fulfilled, but that's because of this alleged conspiracy of haters working against him. 

Does it ever occur to you that maybe it's because he has no intention of carrying out what he says he is going to do? 

And by the way, Trump is a politician.  Promising everyone everything, but never delivering. 

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Oh ok.  He makes promises and threats which are never fulfilled

I think Trump overestimated what Trump is capable of too, and I think he's more than a little bit frustrated about it. He's not intentionally making a fool of himself. He is trying to do these things and is being shot down, defeated by the powers that be. You can blame him for that rather than the monster he's trying to vanquish if you want, but I don't think it's realistic.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The wire was indeed stolen, and re sold to people in towns nearby for their own walls around their houses....in Mexico.

Who says walls don't work?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frandia

Strictly from an objective point of view...you're right. His mouth is his worst enemy. That along with promising things before he bothers to check to see if they are "doable". "I'm closing the border" comes to mind.

Offline Applewood

Strictly from an objective point of view...you're right. His mouth is his worst enemy. That along with promising things before he bothers to check to see if they are "doable". "I'm closing the border" comes to mind.

I'll have to look it up, but I thought I read somewhere Trump had been advised by his "people" that closing the border was a bad idea.  That's another problem with him.  He has advisers, some of whom are rather good, but Trump either doesn't consult them or when he does, he doesn't listen to them. 

Offline Frandia

I'll have to look it up, but I thought I read somewhere Trump had been advised by his "people" that closing the border was a bad idea.  That's another problem with him.  He has advisers, some of whom are rather good, but Trump either doesn't consult them or when he does, he doesn't listen to them.

When he ad-libs it becomes The "Art of the Deal" gone wrong.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think Trump overestimated what Trump is capable of too, and I think he's more than a little bit frustrated about it. He's not intentionally making a fool of himself. He is trying to do these things and is being shot down, defeated by the powers that be. You can blame him for that rather than the monster he's trying to vanquish if you want, but I don't think it's realistic.

I always suspected he thought he could get away with the things Obastard got away with. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@corbe

The Secret Service has to be at Trump Tower - they had an office or floor there and Trump charged them so much money, they moved out of the building to a near by location.

If Trump was all-powerful he could have forced the SS to keep their office space at Trump Tower? 

This does make me wonder:  What does TT normally charge for a floor?  Was Trump gouging, or is the space that expensive to begin with?
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Remember who is Sr. advisor is; Jared Kushner.  IMHO you don't get much more corrupt or liberal than him.  I believe he's probably the one who has led Trump down the wrong path more than once. 

Offline jpsb

@corbe

Trump does not set the rates at Trump Tower since entering the race. So no Trump did not "charge them so much money". Whoever is running TT set the rates not President Trump.