Author Topic: Atty. General Barr: You Bet I’ll Be Looking Into How This Russia Investigation Started  (Read 759 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/10/barr-bet-ill-looking-russia-investigation-started/

by Jazz Shaw

Most of the Attorney General’s comments during congressional hearings this week were rather perfunctory from what I saw. Democrats were trying to score points with various declarations about how the entire Mueller report needed to be released, mixed with insinuations that the Justice Department must be up to no good somehow. Barr mostly stuck to the script and said he’d have the redacted report ready in the next week or so. But as John discussed last night, there was one moment where something unexpected happened.

Following a question from Congressman Robert Aderholt (R-Alabama), Barr calmly announced that he would be looking into the origins of the Russia investigation and whether the entire premise of it was legitimate or not. This seems to go deeper than a simple clean-up operation following a long investigation and it’s taking the story in a direction the Democrats definitely don’t want to go. He plans on expanding upon the previous work done by IG Horowitz. (From John Solomon writing at The Hill):

Barr made clear Tuesday that his review is distinct and more far-ranging than IG Horowitz’s investigation. It goes back to the moment when a probe code-named Crossfire Hurricane was opened on July 31, 2016, by Trump-hating FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok.

That probe’s goal was to determine whether Trump was colluding with Russia to hijack the election. And, very quickly, the FBI chose to use an opposition research project, funded by Trump rival Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party and written by British intelligence operative Christopher Steele, as key evidence — even though it was unverified at the time.

Special counsel Robert Mueller has settled the collusion issue, concluding (like House and Senate intelligence committee Republicans before him) that there was no Trump-Russia conspiracy

(EXCERPT CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Online libertybele

Wasn't Rosenstein supposed to step down??  I couldn't find out who is going to replace him.  At any rate, if Rosenstein is till hanging around; good luck to Barr on this one.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SirLinksALot

Did you or anybody notice anything typical of this CNN headline?

SOURCE: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/barr-doj-investiation-fbi-russia/index.html

Barr says spying on Trump campaign 'did occur,' but provides no evidence

Contrast the above headline with this from Fox News:

Barr assembles 'team' to look into counterintelligence investigation on Trump campaign in 2016, official says

SOURCE: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-assembles-team-to-look-into-counterintelligence-investigation-on-trump-campaign-in-2016-official-says
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:02:15 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline bilo

Boy I hope Barr goes after all those involved in this attempt to set up and destroy the President of the USA.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

...and this:

Barr testifies 'spying did occur' on Trump campaign, amid reported review of informant's role

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-watchdog-fbi-informant-in-russia-probe

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Boy I hope Barr goes after all those involved in this attempt to set up and destroy the President of the USA.

He's got to find someone that he can trust to thoroughly investigate. 

Offline bilo

He's got to find someone that he can trust to thoroughly investigate.

I'm with you 100%!

These kinds of crimes can't be tolerated. We need to see people go to prison. If it goes as high as obama then he should suffer the consequences.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did you or anybody notice anything typical of this CNN headline?

SOURCE: https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/barr-doj-investiation-fbi-russia/index.html

Barr says spying on Trump campaign 'did occur,' but provides no evidence

Contrast the above headline with this from Fox News:

Barr assembles 'team' to look into counterintelligence investigation on Trump campaign in 2016, official says

SOURCE: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-assembles-team-to-look-into-counterintelligence-investigation-on-trump-campaign-in-2016-official-says

:silly:

Great observation!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I hope he goes after any and all who sought to subvert the rule of law. 

Offline bilo

I hope he goes after any and all who sought to subvert the rule of law.

There is way too much of this that has been allowed to become normalized. We need to see people held accountable. Prison time for perpetrators needs to serve as an example to the next bunch of arrogant deep state apparatchics who plan to subvert the next elected President.

I'm sure as things heat up the media will begin promoting the idea that it's "time to move on, for the good of the country". I don't want to see us move on. I want blood. I lived through the tyranny of obama and never would have supported him being treated like Trump has been. 

Offline SirLinksALot

Latest Development:

Barr testifies 'spying did occur' on Trump campaign, amid reported review of informant's role

SOURCE: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-watchdog-fbi-informant-in-russia-probe

(EXCERPT)

Attorney General Bill Barr testified Wednesday that he believes "spying did occur" on the Trump campaign in 2016, as he vowed to review the conduct of the FBI's original Russia probe -- and the focus of a related internal review shifted to the role of a key FBI informant.

"I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated. … I think it’s my obligation. Congress is usually very concerned with intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane," he testified before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee, while noting that "spying on a political campaign is a big deal."

The comments follow a new report that the Justice Department’s internal watchdog also is scrutinizing the role of an FBI informant who contacted members of the Trump campaign during the 2016 election, as part of a broader review of the early stages of the Russia investigation. The New York Times reported that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is looking into informant Stefan Halper’s work during the Russia probe, as well as his work with the FBI prior to the start of that probe.

(CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST... )