Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's constituents slam her over Amazon withdrawal in new poll  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's constituents slam her over Amazon withdrawal in new poll

By Christopher Carbone | Fox News

New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's constituents blasted her handling of Amazon's bid to open its second headquearters in the Big Apple.

According to a new Siena College poll, 58 percent of voters in her district, which covers parts of the Bronx and Queens, actually support the now-abandoned and controversial deal that would have brought the tech giant to Long Island City in return for $3 billion in state and local subsidies.

The freshman congresswoman, who unseated a 10-term Democratic incumbent, was one of several elected officials pushing back on Amazon's planned expansion pointing at the secrecy of the deal itself, the lack of public input and the potential for gentrification and displacement resulting from 25,000 new highly paid tech workers in the area.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-constituents-slam-her-over-amazon-withdrawal-in-new-poll

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

I said it before and I will say it again: One and DONE.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

I'm not seeing the problem here.  When you vote for an anti-business party, you get anti-business representatives.  They got exactly what they voted for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I didn't watch the congressional testimony today but heard in passing that she asked one of the bankers why he wasn't in jail. If I were being questioned, I'd ask her why she wasn't in jail for her illegal campaign antics.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

I predicted this would backfire on her, if at least for the short term

People like good paying jobs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online kevindavis007

I think she might win in 2020 but 2024 she will lose. That is when restricting takes effect.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/