Author Topic: In Fiery White House Gaggle, Trump Reminds Press That the Cages Were 'Built By Obama'  (Read 444 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In Fiery White House Gaggle, Trump Reminds Press That the Cages Were 'Built By Obama'
Townhall, Apr 9, 2019, Cortney O'Brien

President Trump is "not looking" to restart the process of separating illegal immigrant families at the border, he told press at the White House on Tuesday a couple of days after Kirstjen Nielsen resigned as DHS Secretary. Customs and Border Protection President Kevin McAleenan has taken over as acting secretary.

Upon Nielsen's announcement, media figures like CNN's Jeffrey Toobin suggested Nielsen would be remembered as "the woman who put children in cages." Trump upended that narrative on Tuesday, reminding reporters that it was his predecessor who introduced the policy.

"Those cages that were shown, I think they were very inappropriate," Trump said. "They were built by President Obama's administration. Not by Trump."

In an exclusive report from June 2014, border patrol agents informed Katie how minors were being sheltered in warehouses.

"We have these huge chain link cages, 20-feet tall with razor wire around them, this is inside a warehouse," the agents revealed.

Trump added on Tuesday that he was the one who "stopped" the policy.

Video at link:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/04/09/trump-those-cages-were-built-by-obama-n2544497

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm glad I didn't just repost this. This is a very important story... especially since the idiots of the left have gone to town on this and they've been totally full of it..