Author Topic: A Life Without Fossil Fuels Is Impossible Today  (Read 548 times)

rangerrebew

A Life Without Fossil Fuels Is Impossible Today
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:38:48 pm »
A Life Without Fossil Fuels Is Impossible Today

Growing up in India, I’ve always appreciated the fossil fuels that made my life easier. Gosh, I can still remember the dark days without electricity when our state thermal plants ran out of coal. Yes, I’ve studied for exams with just candlelight.

However, with the advent of the climate-change issue, it is common to see many protests against fossil fuels and carbon dioxide in the streets of the developed West.

Is there something wrong with fossil fuels and the carbon dioxide released when we use them? Maybe, maybe not. Regardless, I challenged myself to live without fossil fuels for a single day. Here is how it went.

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/vijay-jayaraj/life-without-fossil-fuels-impossible-today

Offline Victoria33

Re: A Life Without Fossil Fuels Is Impossible Today
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:27:27 pm »
@rangerrebew

I have said this for years - if petroleum products were taken out of your home - you would be sitting on the floor with very little in your house and you would be naked and have nothing to eat unless you had a tree with fruit on it but that wouldn't work if the tree had been fertilized.

Liberals are damn stupid because they do not consider what petroleum brings us.

I was the Director of Handicapped Services at College of the Mainland, Texas City, Texas, where most of the plants are that make your gasoline and these petroleum base products by breaking down the molecules of oil - the side products of oil.  That is where plastic comes from - these plants that sit on the inter-coastal canal, using that water. 

There is one problem with living or working, as I was working, near these plants.  Sometimes they blow up or have fires that put caustic material in the air that can kill you.  After an enormous explosion in the past that killed hundreds in those plants including those living in Texas City,  an alarm system was installed for the whole area.  If that alarm sounds, get out of Texas City.

One day at the college, that alarm sounded.  Very little was said as everyone immediately headed for their cars, including me.  I lived maybe 15 miles from there.  I did not stop until I got home.  That time, whatever set off the alarm, was contained, no danger to residents.

Those plants allow you to live your life - remove them and you are in the 1800s.  Liberals stay alive due to oil.  They should have to try to live one day without it, just as the writer of this article did:

"How can people call for an end to fossil fuels unless they protest wearing clothes made of fossil fuels, placards and inks made of fossil fuels, expensive iPhones made of fossil fuels, and standing on roads made of fossil-fuels, eating foods grown using fertilizers and pesticides made from fossil fuels and transported using fossil fuels?

The hypocrisy has no end. Even the very last act of my day, sleeping on my bed, involved fossil fuel-based sheet and pillow materials.

A life without fossil fuels is impossible today. Anyone who claims otherwise will inform us through paper and ink or electronic communication devices, all dependent on fossil fuels. Practically everything comes to us courtesy of fossil fuels."

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 01:40:58 pm »
See: Venezuela.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 03:49:53 pm »
@rangerrebew

I have said this for years - if petroleum products were taken out of your home - you would be sitting on the floor with very little in your house and you would be naked and have nothing to eat unless you had a tree with fruit on it but that wouldn't work if the tree had been fertilized.

Liberals are damn stupid because they do not consider what petroleum brings us.

I was the Director of Handicapped Services at College of the Mainland, Texas City, Texas, where most of the plants are that make your gasoline and these petroleum base products by breaking down the molecules of oil - the side products of oil.  That is where plastic comes from - these plants that sit on the inter-coastal canal, using that water. 

There is one problem with living or working, as I was working, near these plants.  Sometimes they blow up or have fires that put caustic material in the air that can kill you.  After an enormous explosion in the past that killed hundreds in those plants including those living in Texas City,  an alarm system was installed for the whole area.  If that alarm sounds, get out of Texas City.

One day at the college, that alarm sounded.  Very little was said as everyone immediately headed for their cars, including me.  I lived maybe 15 miles from there.  I did not stop until I got home.  That time, whatever set off the alarm, was contained, no danger to residents.

Those plants allow you to live your life - remove them and you are in the 1800s.  Liberals stay alive due to oil.  They should have to try to live one day without it, just as the writer of this article did:

"How can people call for an end to fossil fuels unless they protest wearing clothes made of fossil fuels, placards and inks made of fossil fuels, expensive iPhones made of fossil fuels, and standing on roads made of fossil-fuels, eating foods grown using fertilizers and pesticides made from fossil fuels and transported using fossil fuels?

The hypocrisy has no end. Even the very last act of my day, sleeping on my bed, involved fossil fuel-based sheet and pillow materials.

A life without fossil fuels is impossible today. Anyone who claims otherwise will inform us through paper and ink or electronic communication devices, all dependent on fossil fuels. Practically everything comes to us courtesy of fossil fuels."
I have to believe that plants that have a major risk of exploding are the ones ripest for being operated in the future by AI. As are also many other dangerous jobs currently done by humans.
The next question: what will happen to the people who work in those plants? Where will they go?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 04:02:09 pm »
I have to believe that plants that have a major risk of exploding are the ones ripest for being operated in the future by AI. As are also many other dangerous jobs currently done by humans.
The next question: what will happen to the people who work in those plants? Where will they go?

I think that's the real question.  We will always have moderate to lower-skilled, -ambition, -ability people.  Where do they go?  We know what happens now when we have any sizeable population of younger people, particularly young males who are unemployed, unemployable and without hope or ambition.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »
Why would we ever consider this anyway?

God's bounty was given us freely, to take and use for our benefit.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »
Why would we ever consider this anyway?

God's bounty was given us freely, to take and use for our benefit.
The people that not only consider it but work to bring it about don't worship at the same altar as you, they worship at the altar of Gaia and believe she created the Earth and it's bounty for the plants, insects and animals not vermin like mankind.