Author Topic: Democrats’ extreme position on abortion, hostility toward people of faith made me leave party  (Read 188 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats’ extreme position on abortion, hostility toward people of faith made me leave party

By Kristan Hawkins

Published April 09, 2019
Fox News

On paper, I should be a Democratic Party voter as I was raised in a working class, union family in West Virginia, earned my way through school, now head a non-profit working with volunteers in all 50 states, and am the sole breadwinner of my family, with two of four children having expensive medical needs. In truth, my family did once consider that party a home for their vote. But things have changed for voters like me, not because I left the Democratic Party, per se. But because they left me.

For pundits working models to predict the outcome of the next election, three issues cause concern for traditional and lapsed Democratic Party voters like me.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-democrats-extreme-position-on-abortion-hostile-relationship-with-people-of-faith-made-me-leave-party