Author Topic: Romney: Vacancies at Homeland Security are 'dangerous' and 'seriously troubling'  (Read 758 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Romney: Vacancies at Homeland Security are 'dangerous' and 'seriously troubling'
The Hill, Apr 10, 2019

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Tuesday called vacancies at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) "dangerous" and "seriously troubling."

Romney made the comments during a hearing of the Homeland Security Committee two days after President Trump announced the departure of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.  "It is dangerous, given what’s happening at the border, dangerous given the broad responsibility that the Department of Homeland Security has for protecting our nation," Romney said. "It is seriously troubling."

In the past four days, Trump has withdrawn his pick to lead Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), announced Nielsen's resignation and ousted the head of the Secret Service.

Romney's condemnation of the vacancies follows a day after Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said he was concerned about a "growing leadership void" at DHS amid talks of a shake-up of top staffers.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/438064-romney-vacancies-at-homeland-security-are-dangerous-and-seriously-troubling

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Clueless drama queen.

Offline libertybele

If I remember correctly he's soft on illegal immigration.  Yes, the recent turnover of personnel at HHS is concerning but you would think he would be equally concerned about the crisis at the border and FAILURE of Congress to fund a wall, and our President making hollow promises to shutdown the border.

If you have some ideas Mitt, please come forward.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Mitt Romney is 'dangerous' and 'seriously troubling'.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I swear..., must be a video of Mitt with a fish-net, wearing goat somewhere out there.

Romney is McCain, squared.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I thought that it said:

Romney: Vaccines at Homeland Security are 'dangerous' and 'seriously troubling'

:shrug:

Offline libertybele

I thought that it said:

Romney: Vaccines at Homeland Security are 'dangerous' and 'seriously troubling'

:shrug:

LACK of vaccines would be seriously troubling.  That's another problem actually.  Those that aren't 'processed' at the border are bringing in all kinds of diseases, bacteria and viruses.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

LACK of vaccines would be seriously troubling.  That's another problem actually.  Those that aren't 'processed' at the border are bringing in all kinds of diseases, bacteria and viruses.

I'm with you.... ALL of these invaders need to be STOPPED and turned away.....  using whatever it takes to get the job done.....  It seems like we elected George Bush to another term....    :shrug:

Offline libertybele

I'm with you.... ALL of these invaders need to be STOPPED and turned away.....  using whatever it takes to get the job done.....  It seems like we elected George Bush to another term....    :shrug:

Things were never this bad under Bush ... and if you recall, he did use the full force of the military.  Not at the border, but he didn't hesitate or threaten.  He acted swiftly and forcefully and for that I think he ought to be commended.

Offline EdJames

Things were never this bad under Bush ... and if you recall, he did use the full force of the military.  Not at the border, but he didn't hesitate or threaten.  He acted swiftly and forcefully and for that I think he ought to be commended.

You and I will probably never agree about GWB, but that isn't the point.  I am talking about the effing Southern border.

They may not have been "this bad under Bush," solely because massive caravans of invaders weren't being instigated and funded to march across the open border.