Author Topic: All the Progressive Plotters By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 984 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
All the Progressive Plotters By Victor Davis Hanson
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:04:38 am »
All the Progressive Plotters

By Victor Davis Hanson|April 7th, 2019

Right after the 2016 election, Green Party candidate Jill Stein—cheered on by Hillary Clinton dead-enders—sued in three states to recount votes and thereby overturn Donald Trump’s victory in the Electoral College. Before the quixotic effort imploded, Stein was praised as an iconic progressive social justice warrior who might stop the hated Trump from even entering the White House.

When that did not work, B-list Hollywood celebrities mobilized, with television and radio commercials, to shame electors in Trump-won states into not voting for the president-elect during the official Electoral College balloting in December 2016. Their idea was that select morally superior electors should reject their constitutional directives and throw the election into the House of Representatives where even more morally superior NeverTrump Republicans might join with even much more morally superior Democrats to find the perfect morally superior NeverTrump alternative.

When that did not work, more than 60 Democratic House members voted to bring up Trump’s impeachment for vote. Trump had only been in office a few weeks. Then San Francisco billionaire Tom Steyer toured the country and lavished millions on advertisements demanding Trump’s removal by impeachment—and was sorely disappointed when he discovered that billion-dollar-fueled virtue-signaling proved utterly bankrupt virtue-signaling.

..........snip

https://amgreatness.com/2019/04/07/all-the-progressive-plotters/?utm_source=Hoover+Daily+Report&utm_campaign=00d744115d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_04_08_05_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_21b1edff3c-00d744115d-73083069
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:27:13 am by Cyber Liberty »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: All the Progressive Plotters By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:20:12 am »
This article makes me wish we had a "bookmark" function.

Thanks for posting @truth_seeker

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 01:32:11 am »
This article makes me wish we had a "bookmark" function.

Thanks for posting @truth_seeker

That's a good idea.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 01:37:21 am »
All the Progressive Plotters

By Victor Davis Hanson|April 7th, 2019

That's a lot of words.  Can I excerpt like that too?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 02:27:33 am »
That's a lot of words.  Can I excerpt like that too?

No.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 02:39:11 am »

Will the Left nod and keep still, if Republicans attempt to remove an elected Democratic President before his tenure is up? Are appeals to impeachment, the 25th Amendment, the Emoluments Clause, the Logan Act, and a Special Counsel the now normal cargo of political opposition to any future elected president?

VDH, one of the brightest minds in political commentary and clearest writers on the net.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 03:41:40 am »
VDH, one of the brightest minds in political commentary and clearest writers on the net.
https://amgreatness.com
:yawn2:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 03:52:55 am »
66minnie
Went right over your head, huh?
Didn't read it.  I don't like reading.  I have TV.   rrthree

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:39 am »
When that did not work, celebrities and politicians hit social media and the airwaves to so demonize Trump that culturally it would become taboo even to voice prior support for the elected president. Their chief tool was a strange new sort of presidential assassination chic, as Madonna, David Crosby, Robert de Niro, Johnny Depp, Snoop Dogg, Peter Fonda, Kathy Griffin, and a host of others linguistically vied with one another in finding the most appropriately violent end of Trump—blowing him up, burning him up, beating him up, shooting him up, caging him up, or decapitating him. Apparently, the aim—aside from careerist chest-thumping among the entertainment elite—was to lower the bar of Trump disparagement and insidiously delegitimize his presidency.

It appears TDS completely deactivates the self-awareness portion of the cerebral cortex.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 10:35:12 am »
When that did not work, more than 60 Democratic House members voted to bring up Trump’s impeachment for vote. Trump had only been in office a few weeks. Then San Francisco billionaire Tom Steyer toured the country and lavished millions on advertisements demanding Trump’s removal by impeachment—and was sorely disappointed when he discovered that billion-dollar-fueled virtue-signaling proved utterly bankrupt virtue-signaling.

House Democrats—the prime progressive plotters.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 11:06:38 am »
66minnie
Went right over your head, huh?

You kinda have to keep it simple, something like: 'Orange man bad, me no like orange man.'
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 12:02:38 pm »
You kinda have to keep it simple, something like: 'Orange man bad, me no like orange man.'

LOL!  :silly:

Yeah,  they ain’t much on context and perspective. The big picture escapes some of Trump’s more ardent Republican critics.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:07:19 pm by aligncare »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 01:43:01 pm »
Didn't read it.  I don't like reading.  I have TV.   rrthree

My Little Pony or the much more cerebral Vampirella?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 01:01:08 pm »
Dirty Democrats were hoping to overturn a duly constituted and fair election. Somehow I missed news of this attempt when it occurred. That’s understandable, though. So many lame temper tantrums were flying around it was easy to miss one.

When that did not work, 200 congressional Democrats in late 2018 sued in federal court to remove President Trump, claiming he had violated the esoteric Emoluments Clause of the Constitution that forbids federal officials from taking gifts, jobs, and titles from foreign governments. They alleged Trump’s presidency has enhanced his overseas real estate holdings and interests. Yet, according to some sources, the various Trump companies have lost some $1 billion in value after he took office—to the delight of the same critics who swore he has profited enormously as president.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 01:28:47 pm »
Trump is one of those old-fashioned patriots who took on the challenge to serve his country as president no matter the personal risks. Challenging the establishment is risky business.

And much like the signers promised to “mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our Sacred Honor,” Trump promised his voters he will not give up fighting for regular Americans – even though it has cost him a fortune.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 01:34:04 pm »
Trump is one of those old-fashioned patriots who took on the challenge to serve his country as president no matter the personal risks. Challenging the establishment is risky business.

And much like the signers promised to “mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our Sacred Honor,” Trump promised his voters he will not give up fighting for regular Americans – even though it has cost him a fortune.

LOL!  Wait until HIS book comes out!   $$$$$

He'd probably donate the proceeds to a Veteran charity.

Perhaps grants for college tuition for 'Dreamers'.  LOL!  That would garner at least a few million Hispanic voters.    wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 03:10:23 pm »

I'd be good with Vampirella.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 03:14:02 pm »
I'd be good with Vampirella.

Oh, my.  You'd think that tombstone would be cold.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 03:21:21 pm »
Oh, my.  You'd think that tombstone would be cold.

As cold as her heart. :cool:
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 03:35:42 pm »

CNN or MSNBC more likely.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 03:55:14 pm »
Yeah,  ***blushing***  I meant Vampirina, not Vampirella.

This is the one I was referring to:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 04:10:41 pm »
Yeah,  ***blushing***  I meant Vampirina, not Vampirella.

This is the one I was referring to:

:happyhappy:
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 09:16:33 am »
When that did not work, the ongoing “Resistance” both covertly and overtly sought ways to retard or destroy the Trump presidency—often by leaking presidential memos, conversations, and phone calls. An anonymous op-ed published in the New York Times on September 15, 2018 boasted of a plan of resistance to his governance and initiatives from those in the administrative state from inside the Trump Administration, most of them allegedly establishment Republicans.

And yet, Trump governed. Despite his novice administration being snubbed and harassed by official Washington, attacked with media lies, rumors and innuendo for more than three years Trump has withstood the storm and governed well as president.