Author Topic: California Could Be Coming For Your Kitchen Stove Next (Plus Your Water Heater, Clothes Dryer, Etc.)  (Read 497 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/08/california-coming-kitchen-stove-next-water-heater-dryer-etc/

by John Sexton

California is essentially a one-party state at this point so whatever Democrats want to do is what is going to happen. One of the things they are apparently thinking about doing now is getting rid of natural gas appliances in homes and businesses. The idea is to replace millions of gas stoves, gas dryers and gas heaters with replacements that run on electricity to help fight climate change. From the Los Angeles Times:

Among the sources of climate change pollution, cars and power plants get the most attention. But buildings are responsible for a quarter of California’s planet-warming emissions when gas and electricity use are taken into account, state data show.

In residential buildings, two-thirds of gas consumption is for space and water heating, and an additional 18% is for washing clothes and dishes. Just 7% of residential gas use is for cooking, with the rest going toward clothes drying, pool heating and hot tub warming.

For many clean energy advocates, the solution is obvious: Replace gas with electricity. They point out that the electricity supply is getting cleaner — California got more than half its power from climate-friendly sources such as solar and wind in 2017, and is aiming for 100% by 2045 — while gas continues to emit carbon dioxide when burned.

Not surprisingly, the gas utility is not a fan of this plan but the electric utility thinks it would be great. Of course, they will get paid to put up all the new transmission lines for all the additional electricity this will require.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline Idiot

SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/08/california-coming-kitchen-stove-next-water-heater-dryer-etc/

by John Sexton

California is essentially a one-party state at this point so whatever Democrats want to do is what is going to happen. One of the things they are apparently thinking about doing now is getting rid of natural gas appliances in homes and businesses. The idea is to replace millions of gas stoves, gas dryers and gas heaters with replacements that run on electricity to help fight climate change. From the Los Angeles Times:

Not surprisingly, the gas utility is not a fan of this plan but the electric utility thinks it would be great. Of course, they will get paid to put up all the new transmission lines for all the additional electricity this will require.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...
Considering the current lifespan of a water heater, dryer, stove, refrigerator, etc., which is a VERY short life, it won't take long to replace them all.   

Offline thackney

Considering the current lifespan of a water heater, dryer, stove, refrigerator, etc., which is a VERY short life, it won't take long to replace them all.   

???

I know they make camping propane powered refrigerators, but I don't think I've seen a Natural Gas home refrigerator.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

???

I know they make camping propane powered refrigerators, but I don't think I've seen a Natural Gas home refrigerator.
Sorry...had to throw the refrigerator in there since I just bought one.  I was told by a repair guy that no matter which fridge you buy they all last about the same amount of time....10 years MAX.  My old one was at least 30 yrs old.  Kind of my pet peeve....

Offline Idiot

???

FYI...heard from a relative in West Texas that they are flaring gas, since a major pipeline went down.  Some companies are even having to pay the pipeline co's to take the gas.  Simply amazing.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Replacing them isn't the problem, re-wiring the house is. 

Just about every house in CA was designed and built for NatGas appliances.  We had to basically give our electric dryer away when we were transferred here from the East Coast.

Dryers, stoves and water heaters run on 220v or higher, not 110v and require electrical panel work to upgrade the circuit breakers as well.

F%*& California.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Now this is truly moronic, considering the state of the electrical grid and reduced generating capacity, only a Gaia worshiping liberal fool would try and force an all electric culture. I guess they figured they weren't forcing enough producers to flee the state as it was. I bet there are plans in place to further subsidize the illegals when these idiots force the cost of electricity into the stratosphere, God knows the democrats don't give a crap about anyone else.

Offline NavyCanDo

Replacing them isn't the problem, re-wiring the house is. 

Just about every house in CA was designed and built for NatGas appliances.  We had to basically give our electric dryer away when we were transferred here from the East Coast.

Dryers, stoves and water heaters run on 220v or higher, not 110v and require electrical panel work to upgrade the circuit breakers as well.

F%*& California.

The electrical panel upgrade is the first thing that came to mind. Homes will have to be upgrad  to a 200A panel if they have anything less. That could be a homeowner cost of between 2K to 4K
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn