Author Topic: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice  (Read 126624 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
[quote author=mrpotatohead

More Loose Ends
Hi
Being Fired as a Patient

Yes Virginia, it happened to ME.

So chill. After 10 weeks of promisess, Mand trips across Stat

Morem0lolink=topic=357703.msg1953503#msg1953503 date=1554834053]
What to expect.

Last week I went down on one knee in the kitchen, it wasn't a Fall but down on one knee and a cane without the strength to haul myself back up.

Against better advice I let someone call an Ambulance and take me to a hospital.

Once there I was put in an Anti Fall Unit, assigned a boundary buzzer bead, and given Crap crap ever time I Tried to go to to to the can (with a bad prostate to boot, every 20 minunets. "Don"t Do That!"

And as a suspected Sedative Seeker, ignored for pain meds. (Hell of a way to fight cancer.)

Anyway, hardly the 1st time I been treated like shit by a hospital. Ignored and left unwashed for 48 hrs in a wet Hsp bed.

With an open streak of Stinking racial animus

And Currently dealing with a possible broken shoulder from an over zealous ambulance crew.
May God grant you great test results!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical experience
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2019, 06:05:15 pm »
How about some updates???????
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2019, 07:10:26 pm »
How about some updates???????

How about you first?  You were gone for a little while and I had to ask others about you.  Good to see you back, by the way. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2019, 11:31:27 pm »
How about you first?  You were gone for a little while and I had to ask others about you.  Good to see you back, by the way.

@Applewood

In remission. Memory still sucks from chemo brain,but I am hoping to get more of it back before I am assigned a keeper.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2019, 03:58:02 am »
@Applewood

In remission. Memory still sucks from chemo brain,but I am hoping to get more of it back before I am assigned a keeper.

Pete, I’m glad you are in remission. I remember a few days before he died, TWB was asking about you. You are in my thoughts, my friend.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2019, 05:19:22 am »
Pete, I’m glad you are in remission. I remember a few days before he died, TWB was asking about you. You are in my thoughts, my friend.

@Gefn

TWB died? When did this happen?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2019, 11:38:43 am »
@Applewood

@sneakypete

So glad to see you are in remission.  Good luck with the chemo brain.  I've read it's usually temporary.  Sure hope so.  My brain cells were scrambled 11 years ago thanks to a cardiac arrest (no oxygen to the brain).  However, most of my relatives and friends say they don't notice a difference.  LOL

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2019, 01:18:11 pm »
@sneakypete

So glad to see you are in remission.  Good luck with the chemo brain.  I've read it's usually temporary.  Sure hope so.  My brain cells were scrambled 11 years ago thanks to a cardiac arrest (no oxygen to the brain).  However, most of my relatives and friends say they don't notice a difference.  LOL

@Applewood

Thanks for the good thoughts. I know I am getting better because I now have good memory days,and bad memory days. A month or so ago all I had were bad memory days.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2019, 02:32:36 pm »
Very good to hear, Pete!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2019, 08:02:05 pm »
That's such good news @sneakypete !  You are tough!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2020, 06:27:09 pm »
It's about six months later, how are you feeling now Pete?

I don't know if I mentioned this story before on TBR before, but maybe this will help further for you or others.  In January, 1977, I was consulting to Classic Chemical in Camden, NJ, and flying Philly to Pittsburgh each week.  One Friday, I sat next to a woman, she said she was 49 years of age, and she started telling me her story.

Eighteen months prior, she was diagnosed with cancer in her vital organs in her abdomen, and told by doctors she has three months to live.  Now 15 years prior to this, she had cancer, went through chemo and radiation and given a clean bill of health.  So, again she has cancer, she made the conscience decision not to do chemo and radiation again, and decided to do the Layetril Diet(not sure of spelling).  For those of you old enough, you may remember this.  She explained it was mega doses of vitamins and minerals, restricted diet, no spicy food, no alcohol, coffee, tea or soda, and she was only allowed to drink distilled water or frozen concentrated juices with distilled water.  She also did other things too as part of the therapy.

In any case, her cancer went away completely.  She went on to say that she bought a water distiller to make her own water, and her whole family drank distilled water and found tap water offensive. 

End of 1978, I get married and move from Pittsburgh, PA, to Tampa, FL.  The water in Tampa is the worst in the country in my opinion.  Remembering what the woman above told me, I started buying distilled water off the shelf in the grocery store.  Did that for a year, bought my first house, and told my wife I am tired of lugging jugs of water from the grocery store.  Checked the yellow pages, and there was a couple listed selling distillers.  Bought one and have been drinking distilled water ever since.

I am a firm believer in drinking distilled water.  Why?  Chlorine and Flouride are extremely toxic and both are carcinogenic.
Also, municipalities add as many as 46 different chemicals to the water for treatment, which you would consume.  I consider tap water unsafe for long term living.  Look around at the people getting cancer.  It is no mystery to me why.

There is a lot to know about water, which is usually a boring subject for most.  My friend Al, who I mentioned further up the thread who used shark cartilage, I convinced him to also use only distilled water.  I believe with the many case studies I have witnessed, that distilled water helps purify the body, removing anything that does not belong. 

I believe firmly, I will never have a blocked artery, never have kidney or gall stones, never have arthritic deposits in my joints, etc.  There was a recent study published indicating that with virtually every Alzheimer patient, there was a buildup of a particular protein in the brain.  If this is true, I suspect I will never have that either.  Distilled water helps keep anything that does not belong to exit the body.  Bottomline, I believe one can extend their life ten years by drinking it.

For those that have cancer, I strongly recommend using distilled water.  If you look online, the detractors will say it leaches minerals out of the body.  Well, I have been drinking distilled water for 42 years, and I am in perfect health.  It is important to eat a balanced diet, and I also recommend taking a vitamin/mineral supplement daily.  If you have a poor diet, and eat junk, you will have a problem.  But then that is true regardless of drinking distilled water.

My closest roommate from college days was in good shape, athletic and active.  He was a sports reporter for a newspaper in Virginia, and he had chest pains at age 47 and was taken to a hospital and he died while they had him cracked open on the operating table.  He ate junk food every day for lunch, i.e. McDonalds, etc.

It is not only food that makes a difference going into your body.  Since your body is comprised of roughly 84% water, I believe the water you drink is just as important if not more so.

Offline DB

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2020, 06:33:21 pm »
Did @To-Whose-Benefit? not make it? Hope that isn't the case.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2020, 04:16:16 am »
It's about six months later, how are you feeling now Pete?

I don't know if I mentioned this story before on TBR before, but maybe this will help further for you or others.  In January, 1977, I was consulting to Classic Chemical in Camden, NJ, and flying Philly to Pittsburgh each week.  One Friday, I sat next to a woman, she said she was 49 years of age, and she started telling me her story.

Eighteen months prior, she was diagnosed with cancer in her vital organs in her abdomen, and told by doctors she has three months to live.  Now 15 years prior to this, she had cancer, went through chemo and radiation and given a clean bill of health.  So, again she has cancer, she made the conscience decision not to do chemo and radiation again, and decided to do the Layetril Diet(not sure of spelling).  For those of you old enough, you may remember this.  She explained it was mega doses of vitamins and minerals, restricted diet, no spicy food, no alcohol, coffee, tea or soda, and she was only allowed to drink distilled water or frozen concentrated juices with distilled water.  She also did other things too as part of the therapy.

In any case, her cancer went away completely.  She went on to say that she bought a water distiller to make her own water, and her whole family drank distilled water and found tap water offensive. 

End of 1978, I get married and move from Pittsburgh, PA, to Tampa, FL.  The water in Tampa is the worst in the country in my opinion.  Remembering what the woman above told me, I started buying distilled water off the shelf in the grocery store.  Did that for a year, bought my first house, and told my wife I am tired of lugging jugs of water from the grocery store.  Checked the yellow pages, and there was a couple listed selling distillers.  Bought one and have been drinking distilled water ever since.

I am a firm believer in drinking distilled water.  Why?  Chlorine and Flouride are extremely toxic and both are carcinogenic.
Also, municipalities add as many as 46 different chemicals to the water for treatment, which you would consume.  I consider tap water unsafe for long term living.  Look around at the people getting cancer.  It is no mystery to me why.

There is a lot to know about water, which is usually a boring subject for most.  My friend Al, who I mentioned further up the thread who used shark cartilage, I convinced him to also use only distilled water.  I believe with the many case studies I have witnessed, that distilled water helps purify the body, removing anything that does not belong. 

I believe firmly, I will never have a blocked artery, never have kidney or gall stones, never have arthritic deposits in my joints, etc.  There was a recent study published indicating that with virtually every Alzheimer patient, there was a buildup of a particular protein in the brain.  If this is true, I suspect I will never have that either.  Distilled water helps keep anything that does not belong to exit the body.  Bottomline, I believe one can extend their life ten years by drinking it.

For those that have cancer, I strongly recommend using distilled water.  If you look online, the detractors will say it leaches minerals out of the body.  Well, I have been drinking distilled water for 42 years, and I am in perfect health.  It is important to eat a balanced diet, and I also recommend taking a vitamin/mineral supplement daily.  If you have a poor diet, and eat junk, you will have a problem.  But then that is true regardless of drinking distilled water.

My closest roommate from college days was in good shape, athletic and active.  He was a sports reporter for a newspaper in Virginia, and he had chest pains at age 47 and was taken to a hospital and he died while they had him cracked open on the operating table.  He ate junk food every day for lunch, i.e. McDonalds, etc.

It is not only food that makes a difference going into your body.  Since your body is comprised of roughly 84% water, I believe the water you drink is just as important if not more so.
I have been drinking distilled water for about 20 years. Sometimes bottled water, rarely soda, no alcohol. I have found that distilled water makes the best coffee. WHile we didn't do it for health reasons at first (at least not ours) we had found that tap water from the local water plant (which comes from the Missouri River before processing) had a muddy taste in the spring despite the clean test results sent out every year. Believing that pesticides and herbicides might be present, we filtered that for a year before finally switching to distilled. Mrs. Joe and I are on no medication, have no heart or other issues, and are reasonably healthy for our mid 60s.

My tussle with cancer was limited to a nickel sized basal cell carcinoma, and that right on the cheek where I held cell phones for years, with a  few thousand hours of phone time.  (I use the speaker phone, now).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2020, 04:38:52 am »
I would think some contaminants that have a lower boiling point than water would pass right through the distillation process.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2020, 05:22:41 pm »
I would think some contaminants that have a lower boiling point than water would pass right through the distillation process.
Sure, but you vent those, just like distilling diesel fuel from crude oil.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 05:23:44 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2020, 07:04:58 pm »
Sure, but you vent those, just like distilling diesel fuel from crude oil.

Why wouldn't it condense with the water? (I'm not a chemistry dude...).

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2020, 08:29:11 pm »
It would if you didn't vent it.

If it boils off at a lower temperature, you run up to just short of boiling water, vent the vapors, and that way those lighter ends go to atmosphere (unless you have a place or reason to capture them).  Distilling alcohol, you capture (selectively) the alcohol vapors and leave the water behind. Run through that a couple of times you can get up to 90-95% (Everclear) alcohol captured.
Moonshiners do it with pretty basic equipment.

If you switched to a different condenser and continued the the distillation process, with a mite more heat, you could boil the kettle dry and condense distilled water, too, but that isn't the product that pays the bills in a 'shine operation.

Similarly, I have seen video where Indonesians were distilling diesel from crude oil, about a barrel at a time, by smelling the vapor, capturing it and condensing it, leaving the heavier fractions in the pot, so to speak, and letting the lighter ones vent to atmosphere before capture.  It isn't the most environmentally system, but they made a marketable (locally) product on a small scale. It is pretty common in Nigeria, as well, despite being environmentally unfriendly and downright dangerous.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2020, 08:30:56 pm »

Because you let anything coming off before the top of the distillation tower reaches 212 degrees escape to the atmosphere.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2020, 10:51:26 pm »
It would if you didn't vent it.

If it boils off at a lower temperature, you run up to just short of boiling water, vent the vapors, and that way those lighter ends go to atmosphere (unless you have a place or reason to capture them).  Distilling alcohol, you capture (selectively) the alcohol vapors and leave the water behind. Run through that a couple of times you can get up to 90-95% (Everclear) alcohol captured.
Moonshiners do it with pretty basic equipment.

If you switched to a different condenser and continued the the distillation process, with a mite more heat, you could boil the kettle dry and condense distilled water, too, but that isn't the product that pays the bills in a 'shine operation.

Similarly, I have seen video where Indonesians were distilling diesel from crude oil, about a barrel at a time, by smelling the vapor, capturing it and condensing it, leaving the heavier fractions in the pot, so to speak, and letting the lighter ones vent to atmosphere before capture.  It isn't the most environmentally system, but they made a marketable (locally) product on a small scale. It is pretty common in Nigeria, as well, despite being environmentally unfriendly and downright dangerous.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Got it. So you raise the temperature to just below the water boiling point and keep it there long enough to boil off the lower boiling point contaminants. All before starting the actual water distillation.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2020, 11:54:41 pm »
Got it. So you raise the temperature to just below the water boiling point and keep it there long enough to boil off the lower boiling point contaminants. All before starting the actual water distillation.
Precisely!

You can do similar things with any distillation, what changes are target temperatures for the cooking, or for the condenser. Check out Fractional Distillation, this of crude oil.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:57:45 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2020, 08:26:00 pm »
SmokinJoe...you mentioned you like distilled water  because it makes the best coffee.  Bottomline, distilled water has no taste.  When people first drink it alone, they often comment, oh yuck, this taste terrible.  Fact is, it has no taste.  It has nothing in it to give it taste.  So, with your coffee, you are getting the pure coffee taste.  Everything taste better with distilled water.

When I was young in Pennsylvania,  I can remember going to a spring in the mountains, and you could drink the water coming out of the side of a mountain, and it was cold and it was delicious tasting.  Very refreshing.  The taste was the minerals in the water.  That was in the 1950s. 

In 1980 or 81, Newsweek magazine dedicated an entire issue to water.  The cover had a parched earth map of the USA.  In that magazine, it indicated Ohio was the most polluted, with Pennsylvania right behind it.  It also indicated the entire east coast was terribly polluted, and that the aquafier level of water unsafe to consume.  Farm runoff was the primary reason, pesticides and herbicides largely polluting the aquafier level. 

As I understand it, the human body cannot assimilate and process inorganic minerals.  So, if one consumes inorganic minerals, they build up in the body just like they would a hot water heater.  Over time, they cause problems in the body, contribute to blocked arteries, kidney or gall stones, deposits in the joints, etc.

The woman I bought my first distiller from, she had a severe case of arthritis with deposits in the joints, her hands had huge nubs and were extremely painful.  She started drinking distilled water, and her hands returned to normal.  No more pain, no more meds needed either.  She lived to be 103.

Every time I see someone with bottled water(non distilled), the thought goes through my head that they are shortening their life.  The irony is that if you read the label on a lot of these bottled waters, they put the water through some purifying process, then they turn around and add back minerals for taste.  Ugggh.  I consider this stuff to be almost as bad as tap water.  Then there is the occasional story where the bottled water is discovered to have things in it like benzene, as in Perrier Water.

Loma Linda hospital in California years ago did a study on the 25 leading bottled water companies sold in California and found only one met the quality claimed on the label.  Back then, nearly 30 years ago, 70%+ of the households in California had point of service purification to some level within the home.  Unlike meat, there is no inspection of water producing plants to verify they are producing what they claim.  The best way to know what you are drinking is to control the process within your own home.  Distilled water is the purest form of drinking water.  Reverse Osmosis is the second, but you will find it expensive to replace the filters and the membrane through the years.  Plus, the first drop of RO water is the purest from the system, but the quality declines with each passing gallon, as impurities build up on the filter beds.  Unlike RO, distilled water remains constant in the quality.

To answer questions above, there is a valve for inert gases to escape the process on a distiller, and there is also a post filter to capture anything should it make it that far.  And another consideration, every distiller I bought through the years, I sold for more money than I originally paid for it.  They run forever.  I went from distiller 1 to distiller 2 only to get one with advanced features.  My first one was semi automatic.  One needed to manually set it to how much water you wanted to make, it automatically shutoff.  The second, was fully automatic, with a demand pump, and I had a second faucet at the sink and had my refrigerator hooked up to make distilled ice cubes and chilled water.

If you have ice cubes that are real white or mostly white versus clear, that is the minerals in the water doing that.  Distilled ice cubes are clear. 

I am writing my first book on water to tell my story and some of the case studies of people whose life I influenced in drinking distilled water.  And it is never too late to start drinking distilled water. 

I wish I had before and after photos of my uncle that had a severe case of congestive heart failure.  He was green/gray in color, and his cardiologist told him he was one step away from dropping dead at any time.  He started drinking distilled water in 1992, and he lived another 20 years.  The green/gray look went away after one year of drinking distilled water.
 How many people do you know with extreme congestive heart failure living beyond five years?  Everyone else I knew usually died in five years.

Without exception, everyone I convinced to drink distilled water benefited noticeably with their health and wellbeing.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2020, 04:20:54 am »
@jafo2010 What make/model of distiller do you use? (We have been buying it by the jug, and I'd bet we could pay for the unit in less than a couple of years).

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2020, 06:14:37 am »
Joe, Just saw this.

I have used a product by the same company since 1979.  They are the leader in the distiller market.  All our embassies use their product, and all the staff at their homes as well.

If you want to check out their product go to    www.mypurewater.com

They also picked up another brand they are marketing which is cheaper, but it is not the same quality.

If you are interested, I can save you a decent amount of money. 

@jafo2010 I removed personal identifiers from an open thread just in case you didn't want them all over the net. Send that info to Smokin Joe via personal message, please.  MOD4
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:51:32 am by MOD4 »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2020, 04:30:48 pm »
It's not as much fun as you might think it is.