Author Topic: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical advice  (Read 126688 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Share your cancer journey - and any other personal medical experience
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 02:05:17 pm »
@truth_seeker

Sorry to hear about your battles with this ... Prayers for you (and yours)...

Thank you.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 02:31:08 pm »
Went for the 6 months follow up for my brain surgery recently and learned that the MRI showed the tumor was all gone and no need to see the surgeon again until next year. No cancer involved.

My only ongoing issue is lack of feeling in my right hand due to being tied down on it for 12 hours during the surgery.

Praying for @truth_seeker @To-Whose-Benefit? @Applewood and @sneakypete
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 02:40:28 pm »
Went for the 6 months follow up for my brain surgery recently and learned that the MRI showed the tumor was all gone and no need to see the surgeon again until next year. No cancer involved.

My only ongoing issue is lack of feeling in my right hand due to being tied down on it for 12 hours during the surgery.

That's great, Bigun.  Gotta be a great relief!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 02:40:54 pm »

@Bigun

Seems to me you have BIG-TIME reasons to celebrate!

Congratulations!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 02:49:46 pm »
Yay @Bigun 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 02:57:03 pm »
@Bigun

Seems to me you have BIG-TIME reasons to celebrate!

Congratulations!

@sneakypete

You betcha! 

Thanks!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 08:59:40 pm »
Thanks @Bigun , @Sanguine @Freya and a whole big passle of others out there.

I was out/in for a biopsy this AM. SINCE, this stuff inside Me managed to Kill the last two chemo drugs we set on them rather than the other way around,. . . . .

The think is Maybe it mutated to a diff cancer from the prostate it started as and We got us the perfect mix in a jug already, right on the Shelf for That one!
Means a lot.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:13:33 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 03:50:23 am »
Since I was never asleep during Friday's biopsy, I noted both Docs doing it getting excited.

Theytold me my lymph sys is badly infected with cancer. My legs have been inflated like This at least 4 or 5 times over the last 30 years, and then come down again.

So, either Sombodie's guessing wrong, or I may be something New to the mix!

They asked me afterward if I had ever had cancer before, and my swelling is going down.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 03:52:03 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 04:17:47 am »
Since I was never asleep during Friday's biopsy, I noted both Docs doing it getting excited.

Theytold me my lymph sys is badly infected with cancer. My legs have been inflated like This at least 4 or 5 times over the last 30 years, and then come down again.

So, either Sombodie's guessing wrong, or I may be something New to the mix!

They asked me afterward if I had ever had cancer before, and my swelling is going down.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

I ain't no doctor and don't even play one on teebee,but you just described the symptoms of lymphoma . How do I know this? I know it because it is the type of cancer that I have. In my case,it was in my groin (swelling my legs),my stomach (bloating my stomach and making it hard to breathe because of the pressure on my lungs and diaphram),and in my chest (causing me to have 2 quarts of water drained from my right lung every 5 or 6 days while trying to get this all sorted out).

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 06:15:37 am »
Thanks @sneakypete

Mebbe effin we git enough lay persons diagnosing here we can at least get That part of it settled and go settle That rodent with the right Ace Hardware Cure and move on toward the happy conclusion!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2019, 08:12:02 am »
That's great, Bigun.  Gotta be a great relief!

Eyup.

Ain't no other way to purt it.

Getting all them Other purts of us workin again, as issued, is about the greatest gift imaginable.

To each and every one of you needing a new cog. 

"Save All Your Paperwork!"

and best of luck.

• Wulf Anson Author
Save ALl your pprwrk.
K
And ppn
Nwrk. Hspbilling pprwrwrk..

Great News. Find out What it is and mail it w a a bbsbe bat.let me know What you got
Let me know. I want mine Daed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:13:05 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author
May God grant you great test results!

Brother I Hope you never get poisoned with chemo.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
Everyone here is in my thoughts. Bless you all.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Prayers up for all fighting the big 'C'.

My tussle with it consisted of figuring out I had a nickel-sized basal cell carcinoma, going to the doctor and getting that confirmed, then while the oil company was picking up a different rig and moving it in, getting the tumor cut out. The surgeon and path lab did frozen sections until the margins were clear of cancer, and sewed me up. I got the stitches out the day before we hit start depth, and went back to work. I got a 4" scar to add to my humble collection, and no chemo or radiation. That was six years ago, and no sign of a recurrence, so I was lucky.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
@Smokin Joe

Well now if That don't just light up my Smiles. You Beat the dirty Alley Bashing SOB, WHILE, other folks was walking in Sideways to bushwack Another nice little tote bag of gold coin for you to pick up!

:beer:

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Well now if That don't just light up my Smiles. You Beat the dirty Alley Bashing SOB, WHILE, other folks was walking in Sideways to bushwack Another nice little tote bag of gold coin for you to pick up!

:beer:
Brother, The Almighty beat it, with a little help from the surgeon. Me? I just didn't have time to mess with it, so I told the surgeon, not to worry about a scar (hairline to jawline, it hides in the edge of my beard, now). Just make sure you get it all.
He did well. :beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
@Smokin Joe

Know anything 'bout the discolored tissue abutting lymph nodes that @Sighlass is talking about Joe? Sounds like what I've hade for at least 25 years. Docs dunno so they all wanna put me in in freaking Hospice and write us us both off as incurable cancer patients. ???

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Know anything 'bout the discolored tissue abutting lymph nodes that @Sighlass is talking about Joe? Sounds like what I've hade for at least 25 years. Docs dunno so they all wanna put me in in freaking Hospice and write us us both off as incurable cancer patients. ???
It's a little out of my area of expertise, but if you point me to the post (I couldn't find it on this thread), I'll find out what I can.

When the docs dunno, it may be time to see some new/different docs.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
GREAT news! A good friend of mine was diagnosed with throat cancer the same day I was told I have lymphoma,and his treatment has been brutal. Chemo one day a week for two weeks,and radiation 5 days a week for 3 months. Including the days he had chemo. He was told yesterday the tumor in his throat was gone. All this time he has had a tube in his throat that kept him from breathing though his nose or mouth,eating,and even talking. Had to be fed through another tube in his stomach. I am not exaggerating when I say his arms are now half the size they used to be. Besides losing muscle mass,he was close to starvation.

He now has a different type of tube in his mouth that allows him to eat small soft things for the time being,and this is big,also allows him to speak and breathe through his nose. The stomach tube is gone.

I have no doubt it will take him at least two weeks before he starts feeling stronger and is able to go back to work a few hours a day at his commercial garage,but IF he is very careful and watches what he is doing,he may be back to working all day doing small things within a month.

All this time the bills have kept coming in,and no profits being made. On top of the other monthly bills. We can only imagine what effect this had on him,but I'm sure it wasn't minor. Just knowing that he no longer has the tumor and can start thinking about going back to work instead of worrying about more surgery and more desperate treatment is going to be a HUGE part of his recovery.

Worry is always harmful to recovery from any physical ailment,but there is no way to avoid it until the doctors tell you you have a clean bill of health and will soon be able to go back to work.

He was treated at the same clinic as me,but had a different doctor and different form of cancer.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
Wonderful news @sneakypete  888heartkitty

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's great, @sneakypete!

I'm going to share a little bit of my experience.  Maybe it is helpful?

I was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive and out of the blue cancer at a youngish age.  Too young for what I had anyway.  Went through many surgeries, heavy-duty chemo, radiation and follow-up-for-five-years-anti-cancer meds.  That was twenty years ago.  One smallish recurrence about 10 years ago.  Lots of scars but no sign of anything else.  God is good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive and out of the blue cancer at a youngish age.  Too young for what I had anyway.  Went through many surgeries, heavy-duty chemo, radiation and follow-up-for-five-years-anti-cancer meds.  That was twenty years ago.  One smallish recurrence about 10 years ago.  Lots of scars but no sign of anything else.  God is good.

@Sanguine

I want to go into screaming fits every time I read or hear about someone young getting cancer. In fact,that is one of the prime reasons I can never accept that there is any such creature as a "kind and loving God".

I am glad you were able to survive,and sorry to hear you had to go through it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Wow! I never knew that.  Glad you beat it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien