Author Topic: Activists set up 'Liberated Zone' on Columbia University campus, refuse to leave until Palestine is  (Read 243 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HARE
AMERICAN NEWS Apr 17, 2024
Activists set up 'Liberated Zone' on Columbia University campus, refuse to leave until Palestine is ‘free’
Students began setting their tents up at around 4 am. Around 60 tents were set up, with two large signs stating "Liberated Zone" and "Gaza Solidarity Encampment" being put on display.

Hannah Nightingale
Washington DC
Apr 17, 2024

Students at New York City’s Columbia University set up a "Liberated Zone" on Wednesday to protest the Israel-Hamas war.

According to the New York Daily News, students said the "Gaza Solidarity Encampment" would remain in the university’s main lawn until their demand that the school divest Columbia’s finances from companies and institutions that work with Israel is met by the administration.

"The presence of tents on South Lawn is a safety concern and a violation of university policies," a university spokesperson said. "We are informing the students they are in violation of university policies and for their own safety and for the operations of the university they need to leave."

https://thepostmillennial.com/activists-set-up-liberated-zone-on-columbia-university-campus-refuse-to-leave-until-palestine-is-free#google_vignette
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 04:42:50 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's another form of squatting so democrats will defend it until NYC is under 6 feet of water. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson