Author Topic: Calls for tuition refunds as Columbia moves to hybrid classes for rest of semester in wake of anti-I  (Read 196 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Calls for tuition refunds as Columbia moves to hybrid classes for rest of semester in wake of anti-Israel protests
By Social Links for Georgett Roberts and
Social Links for Olivia Land
Published April 23, 2024, 9:14 a.m. ET

Columbia University has announced that classes at its main campus will be held remotely for the final weeks of the semester — as critics blasted the “weak” administration for allowing anti-Israel student protesters to shut down the college “in essence” and called on parents to seek tuition refunds.

“It’s vital that teaching and learning continue during this time. We recognize conditions vary across our campuses and thus are issuing the following guidelines,” provost Angela Olinto wrote in a Monday night notice to students and faculty as the anti-Israel encampment on campus neared the seven-day mark.

Classes on the university’s Morningside Heights campus will be hybrid — “technology permitting” — through the end of the spring 2024 semester on April 29, the letter said.

Faculty without the means to provide hybrid classes were urged to consider the fully remote option, and to “provide other accommodations liberally” in the final days of the semester.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/04/23/us-news/columbia-university-moves-to-hybrid-classes-for-rest-of-semester/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Columbia has given up on providing a safe learning environment for all students.  The terrorits win.  Way to go cheese-eating-surrender-monkey Columbia Administration.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I called for this day one that Columbia said to move to online courses.

Some classes just cannot be conducted effectively online.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO huffs:
"Columbia has given up on providing a safe learning environment for all students.  The terrorits win.  Way to go cheese-eating-surrender-monkey Columbia Administration."

Look at it this way.
Maybe Columbia will close down ... for good.

This would be A GOOD THING.
Since the 1920's, the place has been a hotbed of communism/leftism.
Good riddance. Use the campus and buildings for housing the homeless.

I'm on record in this forum for stating (in all seriousness) that most of the colleges and universities in this country should be shut down, the students sent home, the faculties and administration fired -- and prevented from ever working in the educational field again.

Let Columbia become the first step in this process.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
They have all gone from Ivy League to Bush League.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley