Author Topic: Are Women Malcontents?... Dennis Prager  (Read 2893 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: Are Women Malcontents?... Dennis Prager
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 03:16:59 am »
Queen wrote:
"My place is telling you to sit down.  Your place is there, in the seat, quiet."

I will not sit down.
I will speak my piece.
If you don't like it, lump it.

Corbe is on my ignore list, but I see Sanguine quoting about the genie never going back into the bottle.

OK, I can accept that.
It is what it is.

But the decline and fall of The West is what it is, too.
It won't stop, because no one will dare put the genie "back into the bottle".

(Wasn't Barbra Eden a cutie?)

@Fishrrman

She definitely was.  But when you spout stupid crap about “forcing women back into their place” I’m going to tell you to shut it and have a seat.  In fact, I’ll repeat my instructions now.

Let’s note, also, that you’re waiting for someone else to take care of the woman problem instead of addressing it yourself.  Don’t think you can handle us?
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2019, 06:57:39 am »
You are close, but there is a relationship.

@Smokin Joe
Thank you for making my greater point, Smoke. Great post, which I agree with entirely.

I found myself on an anthropological hunt this last week or so...

I was sent some youtube vids about surprise pregnancy announcements -primarily where they were performed at large family gatherings - and the comparison was such that I went looking for a passel of em. Watching the reaction of the crowd to the announcement was an intriguing exercise, especially in large families with an obvious abundance of children - Though my observations were pretty uniform across the board...

The basic story is always the same - Some device is used to catch the family unawares, and ether they have to figure out what is happening, like a search for a present in the kitchen for the grandmother-to-be, culminating in finding a physical bun in the physical oven, as an instance... Or the surprise is blurted out at an opportune time - Like the family gathered together for a photo opportunity, and instead of saying 'cheese', Someone will yell out 'Melissa's going to have a baby!'

One way or the other, the resulting reaction is always about the same...

Usually there's a few moments of everybody clicking on empty chambers, trying in vain to make sense of the result (which is obvious as all get out), and usually one of the elder mothers hits a live chamber...

Suddenly there is an ear-splitting shriek of joy which is almost immediately picked up by every mother in the room, like they all caught on at once... I ain't kidding Joe, they all leap up at once, toddlers tumbling from laps, small dogs being punted across the room, Men with an 'oh shit' look on their faces as they try to get out front and away from the thundering, bawling herd, shrieking and cackling in some communication only they can understand, as they roar inexorably, a mounting and unstoppable tidal wave of estrogen and tears bearing down on the poor pregnant girl.

I don't know how she survives it, I'll tell you what...

Anyone can see how those women are centered.

How they could be buffaloed into thinking otherwise is entirely beyond me. I have been a long, long time in the workforce, and I can say with authority that there is nothing, *nothing* that powerful to be found.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2019, 07:10:11 am »
@Smokin Joe
Thank you for making my greater point, Smoke. Great post, which I agree with entirely.

I found myself on an anthropological hunt this last week or so...

I was sent some youtube vids about surprise pregnancy announcements -primarily where they were performed at large family gatherings - and the comparison was such that I went looking for a passel of em. Watching the reaction of the crowd to the announcement was an intriguing exercise, especially in large families with an obvious abundance of children - Though my observations were pretty uniform across the board...

The basic story is always the same - Some device is used to catch the family unawares, and ether they have to figure out what is happening, like a search for a present in the kitchen for the grandmother-to-be, culminating in finding a physical bun in the physical oven, as an instance... Or the surprise is blurted out at an opportune time - Like the family gathered together for a photo opportunity, and instead of saying 'cheese', Someone will yell out 'Melissa's going to have a baby!'

One way or the other, the resulting reaction is always about the same...

Usually there's a few moments of everybody clicking on empty chambers, trying in vain to make sense of the result (which is obvious as all get out), and usually one of the elder mothers hits a live chamber...

Suddenly there is an ear-splitting shriek of joy which is almost immediately picked up by every mother in the room, like they all caught on at once... I ain't kidding Joe, they all leap up at once, toddlers tumbling from laps, small dogs being punted across the room, Men with an 'oh shit' look on their faces as they try to get out front and away from the thundering, bawling herd, shrieking and cackling in some communication only they can understand, as they roar inexorably, a mounting and unstoppable tidal wave of estrogen and tears bearing down on the poor pregnant girl.

I don't know how she survives it, I'll tell you what...

Anyone can see how those women are centered.

How they could be buffaloed into thinking otherwise is entirely beyond me. I have been a long, long time in the workforce, and I can say with authority that there is nothing, *nothing* that powerful to be found.
Excellent point, and spot-on. Babies make grandma's worlds go round....not to mention the rest of the family!

Anyone who ever watched a little girl with a new sibling knows that 'mothering' is hardwired in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »
Excellent point, and spot-on. Babies make grandma's worlds go round....not to mention the rest of the family!

Anyone who ever watched a little girl with a new sibling knows that 'mothering' is hardwired in.

That's a fact.

Have you noticed when you are sitting in a diner having your lunch... If you can count the french fries with your eyes, there ain't enough french fries? French fries are supposed to be plentiful.

Same thing with old women and (great) grandchildren... They are her crown and her honor, every one of them steered and molded, raised up by her hand.

My younger son got married last summer on the 4th of July, and the whole fam damily came in for the event. Such a wonderful wonderful time. The big house was rockin'... chocked-full and tamped down, as never before, and unable to contain my mother's bounty. It spewed forth in campers and tents out in the orchard and over in the big paddock. The dinner table and back deck, the normative places of gathering, could not hold them all, not by a long shot. Pavillions and  porta-potties... We ate a cow and a coop-full of chickens that week.

My dear mother, bless her heart, wore herself clean out, right in the thick of things the whole time. But there were jewels in her eyes. It was a pleasure to see her in her happiness, surrounded by her wealth, the labor of her years, exponentially returned to her by the grace of God. And they ALL love her beyond measure, every single one. And here's the kicker: It ain't even half done yet. There's slightly more than half of her grands that are yet to bear her fruit. Ten years from now, I wonder if the farm will hold them.

My heart truly aches for women who have been fooled into walking another path. There is simply nothing else that could even come close. That is the truth of 'barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen'. Is that where a woman belongs?

Oh hell, yeah.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:10:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2019, 11:19:22 pm »
That's a fact.

Have you noticed when you are sitting in a diner having your lunch... If you can count the french fries with your eyes, there ain't enough french fries? French fries are supposed to be plentiful.

Same thing with old women and (great) grandchildren... They are her crown and her honor, every one of them steered and molded, raised up by her hand.

My younger son got married last summer on the 4th of July, and the whole fam damily came in for the event. Such a wonderful wonderful time. The big house was rockin'... chocked-full and tamped down, as never before, and unable to contain my mother's bounty. It spewed forth in campers and tents out in the orchard and over in the big paddock. The dinner table and back deck, the normative places of gathering, could not hold them all, not by a long shot. Pavillions and  porta-potties... We ate a cow and a coop-full of chickens that week.

My dear mother, bless her heart, wore herself clean out, right in the thick of things the whole time. But there were jewels in her eyes. It was a pleasure to see her in her happiness, surrounded by her wealth, the labor of her years, exponentially returned to her by the grace of God. And they ALL love her beyond measure, every single one. And here's the kicker: It ain't even half done yet. There's slightly more than half of her grands that are yet to bear her fruit. Ten years from now, I wonder if the farm will hold them.

My heart truly aches for women who have been fooled into walking another path. There is simply nothing else that could even come close. That is the truth of 'barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen'. Is that where a woman belongs?

Oh hell, yeah.
Only problem is the barefoot in the kitchen part. Every now and then something pops in the frying pan, and those burns can be painful...

Some women aren't wired for motherhood, it seems. That's okay, everyone should know their limitations, but assuming everyone has the same limitations is an old Liberal trick played upon the masses to control them.

As viewed through a great-grandpa's eyes, motherhood is part of a normal cycle of growth and change that women experience through their lives for many, but it requires selflessness, love, and some work, to say the least.
Maturity is nice to start, but will be obtained along the way.

Selfish, self centered, lazy women need not apply, and will not do well--not just at motherhood, but at most anything.

That does not preclude a career, but there is a lot less satisfaction for most in the superficial attainment of material goods which likely will be unappreciated, or even unwanted by those who follow, or auctioned off for pennies on the dollar when they are gone. Nice to find such stuff in thrift stores, though...but in the end, none of it can give back, none of it can love you or build memories  (nor cause heartache) like a child.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:28:12 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2019, 04:28:55 am »
Malcontent?

Prager get off your granite stallion.

If I live to be 1,000 years old I will still be a Malcontent with the way half of Society tacitly swallows what No One Should swallow.

Murder of the unborn?

Don't matter Where you 're at on the Death Penalty with these victims.

They never had a Chance to do anything that would make them Deserving of being Put To Death By The State or Anyone else.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com