Author Topic: After Savaging Fox News, Amanpour Bemoans ‘Destructive’ Media Criticism  (Read 686 times)

rangerrebew

After Savaging Fox News, Amanpour Bemoans ‘Destructive’ Media Criticism
By Kyle Drennen | April 8, 2019 4:35 PM EDT

During an interview with Third Hour Today show co-host Sheinelle Jones aired on Monday, PBS anchor Christiane Amanpour denounced criticism of the media as being “corrosive and destructive” to democracy. The comments came just days after the reporter vilely attempted to link Fox News to the recent terrorist attacks in New Zealand.

Talking to Amanpour at Variety’s Power of Women gala on Friday, Jones gushed: “Following years of reporting from the front lines and in the newsroom, it’s no surprise that Christiane Amanpour believes in the Committee to Protect Journalists.” Amanpour, who was being honored at the event, declared: “We are watching an era in which life for journalists becomes tougher and tougher, more and more dangerous. We are truth tellers, we’re truth seekers, we go for the evidence and the facts.”

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2019/04/08/after-savaging-fox-news-amanpour-bemoans-destructive-media

Offline Night Hides Not

We are truth tellers, we’re truth seekers, we go for the evidence and the facts.”

...and they're failing miserably at it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline goatprairie

After Savaging Fox News, Amanpour Bemoans ‘Destructive’ Media Criticism
By Kyle Drennen | April 8, 2019 4:35 PM EDT

During an interview with Third Hour Today show co-host Sheinelle Jones aired on Monday, PBS anchor Christiane Amanpour denounced criticism of the media as being “corrosive and destructive” to democracy. The comments came just days after the reporter vilely attempted to link Fox News to the recent terrorist attacks in New Zealand.

Talking to Amanpour at Variety’s Power of Women gala on Friday, Jones gushed: “Following years of reporting from the front lines and in the newsroom, it’s no surprise that Christiane Amanpour believes in the Committee to Protect Journalists.” Amanpour, who was being honored at the event, declared: “We are watching an era in which life for journalists becomes tougher and tougher, more and more dangerous. We are truth tellers, we’re truth seekers, we go for the evidence and the facts.”

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2019/04/08/after-savaging-fox-news-amanpour-bemoans-destructive-media
"We are truth tellers, we’re truth seekers, we go for the evidence and the facts.”

Shouldn't Amanpour be concerned about lightning striking her when she lies like that?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Da Goat wrote:
"Shouldn't Amanpour be concerned about lightning striking her when she lies like that?"

She is a committed leftist/communist.
What else would you expect from her, other than... lies...?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I probably should be used to it by now, but I'm constantly amazed by their profound tone deafness. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline goatprairie

I probably should be used to it by now, but I'm constantly amazed by their profound tone deafness. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not.  I watched Amanpour before.  She has a nasty axe to grind against Israel. They're the cause of all the strife in the Middle East, doncha know? A tiny country of nine million people surrounded by angry Islamic countries that don't contribute one one hundredth of what Israel contributes to science, technology, and medicine.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I'm not.  I watched Amanpour before.  She has a nasty axe to grind against Israel. They're the cause of all the strife in the Middle East, doncha know? A tiny country of nine million people surrounded by angry Islamic countries that don't contribute one one hundredth of what Israel contributes to science, technology, and medicine.

@goatprairie

I agree. And I'm a fool for expecting more out of "journalists." It's distressing that they're continually given platforms to bastardize their chosen profession.

Shaalu shalom Yerushalayim.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.