Author Topic: Tom Cotton: SPLC Has Become "A Political Hate Group," IRS Should Probe Tax-Exempt Status  (Read 268 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tom Cotton: SPLC Has Become "A Political Hate Group," IRS Should Probe Tax-Exempt Status
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date April 3, 2019

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) is urging the IRS to investigate the Southern Poverty Law Center, which he slammed as a "political hate group."

SEN. TOM COTTON: The Southern Poverty Law Center has over half a billion dollars. About a quarter of it, Tucker is parked in overseas accounts as best we can tell. I don’t know many charitable advisers that say it is best practice to send your endowment to overseas accounts in the Caribbean. That’s one reason why Charity Watch gives them an ‘F-rating’ — a very well — very well deserved ‘F-rating.’ Because as you said, Tucker, they’ve really become kind of a hate group themselves. They have the so-called hate map, and they use it to stigmatize their political opponents, you know, respectable center-right organizations like the Family Research Council, their Alliance Defending Freedom. It’s fine if you don’t agree with those organizations. There are plenty of groups on the left I don’t agree with, but I don’t try to stigmatize them as a hate group and then go peddle that to CNN, The New York Times to try to attack their donors...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Read more at: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/04/03/tom_cotton_splc_has_become_a_political_hate_group_irs_should_probe_tax-exempt_status.html

This was in the news again today. SPLC has a lot of their monies in foreign banks...hopefully, they can be clamped down on big-time.