Author Topic: Trump asked for Secret Service director to be fired  (Read 808 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump asked for Secret Service director to be fired
« on: April 08, 2019, 06:03:09 pm »
Trump asked for Secret Service director to be fired
by Caitlin Yilek
 | April 08, 2019 01:54 PM

President Trump appears to be eyeing a purge of top Homeland Security officials.

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was ousted Sunday. The director of the U.S. Secret Service is next on the list, according to CNN.

Trump told acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to fire Randolph “Tex” Alles a week ago. Alles, who reported to Nielsen, is still on the job, despite being asked to leave.

Alles previously served as acting deputy commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection. He also led CBP’s Air and Marine Operations and served in the U.S. Marine Corps for 35 years.

It was not immediately clear why Alles was fired. Neither the White House nor Trump have commented on it.

Trump announced Nielsen’s departure Sunday in a tweet.

"Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen will be leaving her position, and I would like to thank her for her service," the president tweeted.

Her departure follows Trump’s unexpected announcement that he had pulled the nomination of Ron Vitiello to lead Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-asked-for-secret-service-director-to-be-fired
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump asked for Secret Service director to be fired
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 06:10:28 pm »
I bet this has to do with that Chinese agent getting into Mar-a-lago...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 06:10:37 pm »
It's gotten so dangerous that failure is not an option. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 06:40:28 pm »
Don't know about firing the director, but I do believe the SS needs a complete overhaul.  Time was, the Secret Service was the best of the best, and I'm sure there are still a number of top-notch agents within its ranks, but lately, there have been too many mistakes, problems and maybe even corruption.  I don't know what's wrong, but someone had better find out soon and take action pronto before a real tragedy strikes.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 06:57:28 pm »
Don't know about firing the director, but I do believe the SS needs a complete overhaul.  Time was, the Secret Service was the best of the best, and I'm sure there are still a number of top-notch agents within its ranks, but lately, there have been too many mistakes, problems and maybe even corruption.  I don't know what's wrong, but someone had better find out soon and take action pronto before a real tragedy strikes.

Yes, it's much too dangerous for the POTUS and/or his immediate family.

And I don't trust 'The Left' today.   Something Evil This Way Comes...
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 07:06:38 pm »
I bet this has to do with that Chinese agent getting into Mar-a-lago...

It probably has more to do with the statement the Secret Service issued about it. They wanted to make sure everyone understood club access was not their responsibility.

“The Secret Service does not determine who is invited or welcome at Mar-a-Lago; this is the responsibility of the host entity. The Mar-a-Lago club management determines which members and guests are granted access to the property. This access does not afford an individual proximity to the President or other Secret Service protectees.

It added, “While the Secret Service does not determine who is permitted to enter the club, our agents and officers conduct physical screenings to ensure no prohibited items are allowed onto the property.” 

https://www.newsweek.com/secret-service-issues-rare-statement-after-security-breach-trump-resort-we-do-1384698
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 07:18:31 pm »
Suggest we need a lot less of these constipated DC bureaucracies such as the Secret Service.
Reminds of the Praetorian Guard sounding the Roman Emperor who when the going got tuff,
often ran to save their kiester. Caligula, among several, comes to mind!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 07:34:26 pm »
Rush Limbo talked at length this AM about the genesis of the Russia Collusion scam.

I have heard others do so (Levin, Hannity) for two years, but never Rush in this detail.

He stated confidentiality has apparently been observed, because the Russia scam against Trump involved our "ally" the UK. Rush said our ally colluded with our own security entities, to protect the world order--which Trump threatened.

Anyway some may be deluded into thinking the Meuller Report was the end of it.

Most of the federal government, prefers that Trump fail. While Trump causes some of his problems, I feel the Fed gov continues to obstruct him too.

BTW there is apparently an article, that Ryan did just that too.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 07:52:59 pm »
Yes, it's much too dangerous for the POTUS and/or his immediate family.

And I don't trust 'The Left' today.   Something Evil This Way Comes...

Agreed.   :beer:   

Anyone know if Trump is still allowed to have his own private security team?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:54:22 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:58:01 pm »
How do they know Trump ordered this firing?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 08:03:26 pm »
How do they know Trump ordered this firing?

Probably because Mulvaney would not take the action on his own and no one else has the authority to order it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 08:19:19 pm »
   I just can't accept Rush's interpretation of anything 'Trump' since he climbed up his orange azz in 2016.

With that being said, There is no doubt that the same evil forces AGAINST President Trump would have also been against a Cruz Administration, if not more so, as he was considered an 'Outsider' also but he would have got more done based on two prevailing facts:

A. Cruz knew how DC worked AND he knew The Constitution
   B. He wouldn't have carried so much f'n baggage.

* George Pataki could have beat hellary
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 08:33:30 pm »
Trump names James Murray as new Secret Service director
by Caitlin Yilek
 | April 08, 2019 02:40 PM

President Trump named James Murray as the new director of Secret Service, replacing Randolph “Tex” Alles, the White House said Monday.

“United States Secret Service director Randolph "Tex" Alles has done a great job at the agency over the last two years, and the President is thankful for his over 40 years of service to the country,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. “Mr. Alles will be leaving shortly and President Trump has selected James M. Murray, a career member of the USSS, to take over as director beginning in May.”

Reports earlier Monday said Trump told acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to dismiss Alles a week ago, but he was still on the job.

The departure of Alles, a former Marine Corps major general, appears to be part of a Trump purge of top Homeland Security officials. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was ousted Sunday.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-names-james-murray-as-new-secret-service-director
Support the USO