Author Topic: Bernie Sanders says he is against open borders, for 'comprehensive immigration reform'  (Read 269 times)

Offline thackney

Bernie Sanders says he is against open borders, for 'comprehensive immigration reform'
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/437790-bernie-sanders-blasts-open-borders-theres-a-lot-of-poverty-in-this-world
04/08/19

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday shot back at those who suggest he supports open borders, saying high levels of global poverty would make an open borders policy complicated.

When asked at an Oskaloosa, Iowa, town hall why he supported open borders, the 2020 White House candidate was quick to clarify his stance.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday shot back at those who suggest he supports open borders, saying high levels of global poverty would make an open borders policy complicated.

When asked at an Oskaloosa, Iowa, town hall why he supported open borders, the 2020 White House candidate was quick to clarify his stance.

“I’m afraid you may be getting your information wrong," Sanders replied, according to The Washington Post. "I think what we need is comprehensive immigration reform.”

“Oh my god, there’s a lot of poverty in this world, and you’re going to have people from all over the world. And I don’t think that’s something that we can do at this point. Can’t do it,” the Vermont lawmaker continued....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.