Author Topic: 2,600-Year-Old Archaeological Find in Jerusalem has Biblical Name Inscribed on It  (Read 1651 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
2,600-Year-Old Archaeological Find in Jerusalem has Biblical Name Inscribed on It
by TheTower.org Staff | 04.01.19 2:10 pm

An artifact bearing the name of an aide to the biblical Israelite King Josiah was found in Jerusalem, The Jerusalem Post reported Monday.

A bulla, a piece of clay used to bind documents together, bears the name of “Nathan-Melech, Servant of the King.” Dr. Anat Mendel-Geberovich of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Center for the Study of Ancient Jerusalem deciphered the writing on the bulla. Nathan-Melech is mentioned once in the Bible — in II Kings 23:11 — and is identified there as an aide to King Josiah, who ruled Judea during the First Temple period.

“Although it is not possible to determine with complete certainty that the Nathan-Melech who is mentioned in the Bible was in fact the owner of the stamp,” Mendel-Geberovich said, “it is impossible to ignore some of the details that link them together.”

Read more: http://www.thetower.org/7414-2600-year-old-archaeological-find-in-jerusalem-has-biblical-name-inscribed-on-it/

I told a friend once, I was reading the Bible, he asks what are you reading in the Bible. I said Kings, he said which Kings... this is not a joke... it was just something that happened. Those Old Testament books are a bit difficult for me to go through.

Offline thackney

I told a friend once, I was reading the Bible, he asks what are you reading in the Bible. I said Kings, he said which Kings... this is not a joke... it was just something that happened. Those Old Testament books are a bit difficult for me to go through.

Since the time when the bible was first translated into Latin, then English, Kings was divided into two books.  It seems like a reasonable question unless you were reading the original Hebrew or Greek.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer