Poll

Will McAleenan be an upgrade over Nielsen at DHS?

Yes
0 (0%)
The more things change, the more they stay the same
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 13, 2019, 02:17:14 pm

Author Topic: Will McAleenan be an upgrade over Nielsen at DHS?  (Read 2069 times)

Online corbe

Will McAleenan be an upgrade over Nielsen at DHS?
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:17:14 pm »
Kevin McAleenan is taking over DHS. Will he be ‘tough’ enough for Trump?

Nick Miroff

2 hrs ago

One of the most difficult jobs in Washington now belongs to Kevin McAleenan, whom President Trump is placing in charge of the Department of Homeland Security after the ouster of Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on Sunday.

As the new acting secretary at DHS, McAleenan faces the largest wave of illegal crossings at the Mexico border in more than a decade. In Washington, he will contend with an impatient boss who is demanding an immediate halt to the surge. And to deliver that, McAleenan will have to court Democratic lawmakers who have little political incentive to help the White House ahead of the 2020 elections.

McAleenan — the current commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection — presents as a natural leader of DHS, a no-nonsense law enforcement official with longtime practical immigration experience. For a president who places a premium on appearances, McAleenan, 47, also looks the part, with close-cropped hair and a stern bearing.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kevin-mcaleenan-is-taking-over-dhs-will-he-be-tough-enough-for-trump/ar-BBVIs4P?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Will McAleenan be an upgrade over Nielsen at DHS?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 02:36:19 pm »
No.  He will be worse.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:36:21 pm »
Still gonna be working for the same guy
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 03:40:15 pm »
I haven't a clue.  :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 03:42:51 pm »
Too soon to tell (obviously!) but I have my doubts and concerns...

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 05:00:17 pm »
Kirstjen Nielsen Resigns, and Nothing Much Will Change

 April 8, 2019   
 î˜by David Blackmon

Nielsen’s out, and not much will change. – Kirstjen Nielsen became the fall guy for the ongoing fiasco at our southern border last night, to be replaced as Homeland Security Secretary by ex-Obama official Kevin McAleenan, who served as Deputy Secretary under the infamous Jeh Johnson.

So, what difference will the change in personnel make? Not much. The problem at the border is with the tragic state of our laws and politically-motivated court decisions issued by outlaw Obama judges. Until congress acts to change the laws – and this particular congress is not going to do so – the situation at the border cannot be resolved without the building of a wall. Even with a wall, it will remain near-impossible for the government to send invaders who manage to sneak into our country illegally back home unless the absurd loopholes in the asylum laws are changed. Simple as that.

So, the Democrats have “won” in this issue: They have succeeded in creating a situation of utter chaos on our border with Mexico, they have the literal invasion of our country they’ve worked for so many years to create, and no one in a position of power can do anything effective to stop it. This is the ultimate outcome of the Obama/Soros plan to “transform this country”, as Obama was so fond of saying throughout his presidency. And hey, they had plenty of help from Paul Ryan, John McCain, Mitch McConnell and the Republican majorities in both houses of congress, who did literally nothing on this issue during President Trump’s first two years in office.

A pox on all their houses.

<..snip..>

https://dbdailyupdate.com/index.php/2019/04/08/kirstjen-nielsen-resigns-and-nothing-much-will-change/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 05:14:29 pm »
There is a full court press to create and reinforce the idea that Nazi Nielson was too "soft" for Nazi Trump, so he fired her.  I'm not buying it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 06:04:22 pm »
There is a full court press to create and reinforce the idea that Nazi Nielson was too "soft" for Nazi Trump, so he fired her.  I'm not buying it.

From what I've read, she quit because of the aid cut-off of Central America.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️